SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Minnesota

AZSIOUX

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Was at this Regional. JPL could barely stop a beach ball vs Michigan in the semi. Game vs Gophs was a classic. 

We're we down 2-0 super early and blew another lead? 7-4 final I believe

EDIT: We were down 2-0 and 3-1.... then scored 3 straight to make it 4-3, Michigan got the next 2 to make it 5-4 and then we ripped the next four for a 8-5 final. That is RIDICULOUS. This box score is nuts. Osh had a hatty and an assist. Lammy allowed 5 goals on 29 shots and Billy Sauer a putrid 7 goals on 19 shots.

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

We're we down 2-0 super early and blew another lead? 7-4 final I believe

Yup......my seat wasn't even warm and it was 2-0. 8-5 I believe was the final. That was racehorse hockey. Defense and goaltending was optional.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Is it? I'm pretty sure if the contact is made before leaving the feet, it's not charging. Where's Yzerman??? :D

1) You live in a fantasy world. There was no ramp. Frattin left his feet on his own. Two players collide all the time and never leave the ground.

2) You don't have to leave your feet to get a charging penalty.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Cratter said:

1) You live in a fantasy world. There was no ramp. Frattin left his feet on his own. Two players collide all the time and never leave the ground.

2) You don't have to leave your feet to get a charging penalty.

So, if you don't have to leave your feet to get a charging, which is true, then why is it a penalty? The puck was there and Fratts was skating to try and get the puck off of him. Don't need to be a tough guy, here. I love this discussion as I've had it many times. To me, I don't think he takes any extra strides directly at him. He's trying to play the puck and Wehrs is in his way. 

The way I see it.... Wehrs has his head down, Fratts blows him up to try and get the puck off of him and his positioning leads to him going over the top of Wehrs. Of course he left his feet on his own, but it was after the contact and due to Wehrs bad positioning.

Fantasy world? I'll take it. Just as long as that hit happens every day at some point in time :D

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, if you don't have to leave your feet to get a charging, which is true, then why is it a penalty?

Frattin launched at impact. No where does the rule say he has to leave the ground before impact.

If you can't see what the refs, hennessey, and most unbiased hockey fans see, I can't help you.

1) Frattin launched.

2) Frattin took extra fast strides.

You see neither. Not much more for me to say.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Cratter said:

Frattin jumped at impact. No where does the rule say he has to leave the ground before impact.

If you can't see what the refs, hennessey, and most unbiased hockey fans see, I can't help you.

He absolutely did not jump at impact, he jumped after impact. Again, relax with the name calling and tough guy talk, alright?

I've seen the video a million times, seen still photos of it and talked to people who agree with me, including a current NCAA referee and there is room for interpretation.

That his is viscous, against a huge rival in a tight game.... is there any chance that those factors played into the call? Frankly, it's all moot, because the call was made and it went in the books as a penalty.

• Upvote 3