SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wasn't questioning your loyalty or dedication, unlike the fair-weather bandwagoners who won't show up until we are FCS title contenders. I agree with you, this team is not complete yet, but it is absolutely amazing how quickly Bubba and his staff have turned this program around. 2013 was absolutely embarrassing. But after 2 full recruiting classes, Bubba and company have us at the top of the Big Sky Conference.

And yes.....In Bubba We Trust.

Agreed on what bubba has done in two and half years.  

Need to finish the season at 9-2! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, HawkinNutts said:

We just beat an undefeated Big Sky team in the, arguably, the biggest game of UND's D1 era. That is effing huge, regardless of how we won. 

Worst game in 10 years? I beg to differ.

Yeah I'm just upset.  Your right , there have been worse played games that they have won in the last ten years. To gain 212 yards total at home against weber just doesn't speak playoff ready. This coming off a 28-21 idaho st victory.  

• Upvote 1

For the love of God can we please get someone to turn down the volume on the music and PA!  It's ridiculous when half the people are plugging their ears.  I personally know a few who have left or won't come because of it.  Cripes I'm in my thirties and love loud music but c'mon Alerus Center get real.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

For the love of God can we please get someone to turn down the volume on the music and PA!  It's ridiculous when half the people are plugging their ears.  I personally know a few who have left or won't come because of it.  Cripes I'm in my thirties and love loud music but c'mon Alerus Center get real.

They should get new speakers with a richer sound. Cranking it wouldn't be as much of a problem then.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Yeah I'm just upset.  Your right , there have been worse played games that they have won in the last ten years. To gain 212 yards total at home against weber just doesn't speak playoff ready. This coming off a 28-21 idaho st victory.  

100% agree. But what are the expectations this year?  a Natty? Semis?  Are we not exceeding expectations at this point?  No doubt there's room for improvement, but we are #1 in the Big Sky... the BIG SKY, that's huge! ... and 2 plays away from being 9-0.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Until fans understand it is ok to make noise on 1st and 2nd down they will do this. 

I disagree, you can't even talk to the person next to you between plays.  That's a joke.  I agree with geaux_sioux in that we need to replace the sound system.  In the mean time, turn it down!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SiouxDini said:

I disagree, you can't even talk to the person next to you between plays.  That's a joke.  I agree with geaux_sioux in that we need to replace the sound system.  In the mean time, turn it down!

May as well let the opposing coaches yell the plays in than. 

Watching the playcalling in the first quarter today...it almost made me wonder if he was having shoulder issues going into the game...if not we've GOT to do a better job of mixing it up...a few things I'd like to see:

• A fake-toss play-action pass - we run the toss so much that teams are really starting to overload and over-pursue...sneak a tight end against the grain and he could run for days.
  • Counter runs - again anything to keep defenses honest.  We ran the jet-sweep reverse today and Weber was caught with their pants down...more of that please!
  • A slip screen - again to keep defenses honest

Salty effort by the D today...especially in the second half.  They picked up the offense when they needed it most (after Keaton went down).  Hopefully it's just a bruise and we can get him back soon...great gutty win for UND!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

People complaining about volume at Alerus, good thing you haven't been to an NFL game!

I've been to multiple NFL games in 5+ venues and I've never heard that level of ridiculous music, now crowd noise that's another thing.  Don't get me wrong, we need to bring the noise ourselves on 1st and 2nd down.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

Do you really think cranking "Black Betty" stops a road team from getting the play call in? Pretty sure D1 teams prepare for noise with hand signals.

Obviously it doesn't stop it but it makes it a little more challenging.  Why don't they play music when UND has the ball?

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Obviously it doesn't stop it but it makes it a little more challenging.  Why don't they play music when UND has the ball?

The music is obviously played to amp up the crowd when the opponent has the ball, but even when UND has the ball it's either the PA guy rambling of loud ads etc.... I simply find it hard to even talk "football" with the people next to me. #annoyed  #firstworldproblems   In other news......we are in first place in the Big Sky!  Wings Up!

• Upvote 1

Gueax Sioux is right about the sound quality; and that is what turns people off. Loud can be loud without being ear splitting.  Also hate to say it but PA guy doesn't have the voice for that job.    Compared to his yelling, I've heard more soothing sounds at a daycare from 12 teething infants with earaches, while I have an earache.  

Oh, and great gutty victory by this team and staff today   Nothing came easy but they found a way which is ultimately what matters most.  #stillleavingnodoubt

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HawkinNutts said:

100% agree. But what are the expectations this year?  a Natty? Semis?  Are we not exceeding expectations at this point?  No doubt there's room for improvement, but we are #1 in the Big Sky... the BIG SKY, that's huge! ... and 2 plays away from being 9-0.

Pump the breaks!

1 hour ago, SiouxDini said:

I'm thinking it depends were you are sitting at. I called the AD department about this last week, they say there checking, Homecoming when I sat in section 217 it was the absolute worst I've ever experienced at a game anywhere. I sat in section 205 today and speakers didn't come close to hurting my ears.