SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

2 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'm thinking it depends were you are sitting at. I called the AD department about this last week, they say there checking, Homecoming when I sat in section 217 it was the absolute worst I've ever experienced at a game anywhere. I sat in section 205 today and speakers didn't come close to hurting my ears.

Interesting......I sat in 217 today with some buddies and it was ridiculous.  I normally sit in 203.  Coincidence that it's also the visitor team section? Regardless, the Weber fans were quite agitated with us today for various reason :)

22 minutes ago, SiouxDini said:

Interesting......I sat in 217 today with some buddies and it was ridiculous.  I normally sit in 203.  Coincidence that it's also the visitor team section? Regardless, the Weber fans were quite agitated with us today for various reason :)

There's something going on with these speakers than meets the normal eye??? or ear ??? 

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We need a better kicker.

Yes, we need to be a lot better at special teams, and help across the board is coming, also. It takes some time to rebuild a team. Recruiting is a work in progress.  We are building our team, special teams hasn't really had the top priority focus yet. Just hang around another year or two, we've been making great strides.  We actually could win our next two games, then be the real test.

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I felt like I jinxed the team by not making the GameDay thread..... Then I picked up a lucky penny at half time and it worked out in the end. Rudolph had a very off day. 0 passes in the first quarter from my memory. Can't do that. How do you expect the qb to find any rhythm that way? Schmidt also had a bad first half. Didn't bring enough pressure. Second half, as usual, he had them figured out. Can't blame Rudolph for TE injury but I wasn't at all happy with his play calling. It felt like he didn't think our WR could separate from their DBS. By the way their DBs are pretty good. Heidelbaugh threw a beatiful pass on that deep ball that was dropped. If you're going to play him he needs to throw it. Tough tough game today against a good team but we pulled it out. We're limping to the finish but damn it our team doesn't quit. I like our team.

I like our team better than some of our coaches - looking at you Rudolf and at whoever coaches kickoff coverage.

Second home game in a row, where UND does hard count on fourth down trying to get the defense to jump.

Second home game in a row, a defensive player jumps but gets back.

Need to teach the o line to jump up the second they see that. Because that's the whole reason for the hard count.

Even if it doesn't get called UNDs way it doesn't matter as UND took delay of game penaltys both times anyway.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I'll take the win, but the next two weeks may be rough with the way UND has been playing.  After the SUU game, it seemed like all cylinders were firing.  Against ISU and Weber, it seems our game has become much less diversified, as our running game seems to have been solved.

Completely agree. UND sits at 7-2 and I know the goal is to make the playoffs but I was able to watch chuncks and pieces if the NDSU/NIU game last night. I'll be blunt..........UND would have a slim chance beating either of those teams if the playoffs started next week if they matched up against either. UND's offense is not capable enough right now to keep them in those type of matchups.  This UND D can only do so much. The good news is the playoffs aren't next week but UNC is. That's another must win though.

• Upvote 1

The team needs to grind it out to the bye week.  One cannot deny the benefit that would have right now.  9 weeks in a row plus four weeks of fall camp is a grind.  That doesn't excuse the offensive, special teams and defensive miscues but it can explain the drop in play.  And also The fact that Weber is a pretty good team. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Second home game in a row, where UND does hard count on fourth down trying to get the defense to jump.

Need to teach the o line to jump up the second they see that. Because that's the whole reason for the hard count.

Even if it doesn't get called UNDs way it doesn't matter as UND took delay of game penaltys both times anyway.

Face palm...  yep practice moving before the ball is snapped .   

4 hours ago, Cratter said:

Or teach the center to snap the ball when the defense jumps. :p

57 minutes ago, Red Pepper 19 said:

Face palm...  yep practice moving before the ball is snapped .   

A simple. Hey guys if you see the other team jump "on this play"  jump also, because you know...that's what this next ten seconds are designed for and we are going to be taking a penalty regardless.

Just like you teach a punt returner to catch a ball and not to catch the ball....hopefully they can also chew gum and walk at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

A simple. Hey guys if you see the other team jump "on this play"  jump also, because you know...that's what this next ten seconds are designed for.

Just like you teach a punt returner to catch a ball and not to catch the ball....hopefully they can also chew gum and walk at the same time.

67292396.jpg

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Also an option, but would risk a bad snap not being hiked on a designed count and hoping the penalty actually ends up on the defense.

The designated count will not matter if the defense is into/across the neutral zone. If the offense holds their position and the ball is snapped, it's a penalty on the defense.

14 hours ago, homer said:

Still not sure why we haven't seen #22 running the jet sweep or fake when #5 is in the backfield. 

Absolutely. Just idiotic that this hasnt been drawn up and executed. There are several times where if Santiago, not Toivonen, had received the jet sweep, UND would've scored. 

14 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rudolph is a good offensive coordinator. UND doesn't have the horses yet. Have you seen our WRs? The only option with them is back shoulder which is risky. They don't get any separation. Makes it tough to have a balanced attack when your opponent has decent and talk corners like Weber.  Give him a couple burners to compliment the possession guys and we'll see what he's made of. He had an off day today but I think he's a hell of a lot better than a lot on here think he is.

I don't completely agree with you. Anyone can "call" a great game if they have the "horses" as you say. It's what coaches can do when their talent is "middle of the road" that describes them. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I don't completely agree with you. Anyone can "call" a great game if they have the "horses" as you say. It's what coaches can do when their talent is "middle of the road" that describes them. 

At times Rudolph has looked like a genius. Not so much yesterday. The way UND fans complain about him reminds me of how Bison fans wanted Vigen fired as OC. Just dumb. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

At times Rudolph has looked like a genius. Not so much yesterday. The way UND fans complain about him reminds me of how Bison fans wanted Vigen fired as OC. Just dumb. 

Rudolph and genius should never be used in the same sentence...ever. 

• Upvote 3