SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

As bad as und played it's hard to believe they won.   I haven't seen this kind of play since the mussman days.   Last two weeks have been brutal.   Penalties were better today but the offensive play was very 9 man like.     Secondary is not very good.   Torrey needs to grow up ASAP!  Cole and to a certain extent Deion are all they have.  Opposing teams really have abandoned  the run against und and literally pass all the time....and make it look easy. 

Are we down to our 3rd string qb??  

Very frustrated at what I witnessed today.  But glad we won. 

Need to win out! 

• Upvote 1

No matter how ugly it was, we are still 7-2 and will make the playoffs if we win out. And both of those games are very winnable.

Second straight week we have made a defense look like the 85 Chicago Bears. Weber gave up 35 points last week and looked like world-beaters this week. That has to stop.

Very disappointed in the crowd today. No excuse for that. No men's hockey in town. Cloudy and cold outside. Hunting opener is a couple of weeks away. Where are all those people who used to complain about us playing UM-Crookston and Winona State and wanted us to play better teams? Well, we are playing better teams and it still isn't good enough. Kudos to the fans who did show up and shame on everyone else.

Defense is beyond awesome despite not having much depth and being very young in some areas. Scary to think how good they will be with a few more recruiting classes.

• Upvote 5

I will agree that it was a frustrating game today, but we need to remember we played and beat a good team today. This wasn't a team we were going to beat by 30. Offensively we need to continue to attack with the passing game early and often. Our WRs are good enough to get open with the man coverage. For whatever reason we backed down from that challenge today.  I was really happy with the defense today. Weber has a lot of talent and outside of a couple plays we contained it well. #43 was a monster today. He was everywhere on the field. It was reassuring to see us hit a few kicks today to secure the win.

Still on top of the Big Sky and everything is in front of us. Let's get healthy and beat the bears. 

11 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

What part?

Rudolph is a good offensive coordinator. UND doesn't have the horses yet. Have you seen our WRs? The only option with them is back shoulder which is risky. They don't get any separation. Makes it tough to have a balanced attack when your opponent has decent and talk corners like Weber.  Give him a couple burners to compliment the possession guys and we'll see what he's made of. He had an off day today but I think he's a hell of a lot better than a lot on here think he is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

No matter how ugly it was, we are still 7-2 and will make the playoffs if we win out. And both of those games are very winnable.

Second straight week we have made a defense look like the 85 Chicago Bears. Weber gave up 35 points last week and looked like world-beaters this week. That has to stop.

Very disappointed in the crowd today. No excuse for that. No men's hockey in town. Cloudy and cold outside. Hunting opener is a couple of weeks away. Where are all those people who used to complain about us playing UM-Crookston and Winona State and wanted us to play better teams? Well, we are playing better teams and it still isn't good enough. Kudos to the fans who did show up and shame on everyone else.

Defense is beyond awesome despite not having much depth and being very young in some areas. Scary to think how good they will be with a few more recruiting classes.

Imagine the defense if JIS was still on the team and Tyus didn't go down for the year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, siouxfb said:

I will agree that it was a frustrating game today, but we need to remember we played and beat a good team today. This wasn't a team we were going to beat by 30. Offensively we need to continue to attack with the passing game early and often. Our WRs are good enough to get open with the man coverage. For whatever reason we backed down from that challenge today.  I was really happy with the defense today. Weber has a lot of talent and outside of a couple plays we contained it well. #43 was a monster today. He was everywhere on the field. It was reassuring to see us hit a few kicks today to secure the win.

Still on top of the Big Sky and everything is in front of us. Let's get healthy and beat the bears. 

Nobody is disputing this. What people are frustrated with is the offense being unable to move the ball against defenses that have given up a ton of yards and points to other teams. I do not think Weber has a top-notch defense, but we made them look good and that is what is frustrating people. The defense can't do everything all the time. Sooner or later, it will bite us in the a$$.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Rudolph is a good offensive coordinator. UND doesn't have the horses yet. Have you seen our WRs? The only option with them is back shoulder which is risky. They don't get any separation. Makes it tough to have a balanced attack when your opponent has decent and talk corners like Weber.  Give him a couple burners to compliment the possession guys and we'll see what he's made of. He had an off day today but I think he's a hell of a lot better than a lot on here think he is.

I guess I don't understand some of the play calling. Running to the outside over and over again against Weber's fast DLs and LBs? I think a North-South running attack would have been more effective against those smaller guys. But you are right, recruiting will help build depth on both sides of the ball and this staff just hasn't been around long enough to do that.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Imagine the defense if JIS was still on the team and Tyus didn't go down for the year.

Or if John Walker would have decided to stick with the better team. Wonder if he's second guessing himself now. Maybe he liked the mountains. Tell you the truth, after seeing what a JA he can be maybe we're better off without him. 

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Not sure I agree with your D not much depth comment. We rotate a fresh new line every series  with little drop off and have at least 5 really good LB's. Yes, the DB's are not deep and Hunt is getting a baptism by fire, but as long as Reyes is out there we are really good and pretty deep.

6 minutes ago, shep said:

Not sure I agree with your D not much depth comment. We rotate a fresh new line every series  with little drop off and have at least 5 really good LB's. Yes, the DB's are not deep and Hunt is getting a baptism by fire, but as long as Reyes is out there we are really good and pretty deep.

This is what I was referring to.

• Upvote 2

Keaton was completely off today. Embarrassingly!   

Und made weber look great today

Unds secondary is ?????

und needs to recruit a high end qb every year!!!!!!!!!!  Prime example what happens when Keaton goes down.  They do not trust brad......next years depth chart behind Keaton is scary.  

Santiago should not run up the middle on first downs.   Predictable...very predictable!!  

D line!!....thank you!!

wrs do not have any separation.  

How the hell did we win today???? Not sure I've seen und play this bad in ten years.  This will hurt the attendance next game Just glad we are 7-2 and 6-0 big sky.  

• Downvote 1

Just now, bincitysioux said:

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but what the heck was that delay of game penalty we took in the second half?  The refs explanation was something g like "disruptive hand signals".  That was a new one to me.

Given the quality of officiating (or lack thereof) in this league, I am no longer surprised at anything anymore.

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

How the hell did we win today???? Not sure I've seen und play this bad in ten years.  This will hurt the attendance next game Just glad we are 7-2 and 6-0 big sky.

At least you finally acknowledged that we are 7-2 and 6-0 in the Big Sky Conference. Otherwise, anyone who didn't know what the final score was would think we got blown out at home by reading your post. Come on, we are relevant in FB for the first time since before the Division I move. Try to enjoy it.

And you seem to forget some of the embarrassing losses in 2013; those were way worse than anything we have done this year.

And as for the attendance, it is apparent that this team could win every home game with a shutout and it still wouldn't convince some people to go.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Keaton was completely off today. Embarrassingly!   

Und made weber look great today

Unds secondary is ?????

und needs to recruit a high end qb every year!!!!!!!!!!  Prime example what happens when Keaton goes down.  They do not trust brad......next years depth chart behind Keaton is scary.  

Santiago should not run up the middle on first downs.   Predictable...very predictable!!  

D line!!....thank you!!

wrs do not have any separation.  

Agree with most of this, but IF I agree Keaton was completely off, I don't get so concerned about Bartles coming in. But I do agree there MUST be a high end QB next year in the mix.

Watch replay of this game when it comes out. One of the problems with the offense today was because of the !@#!$ field position they had because we couldn't cover a kickoff. When you give your opponent 45 yards of field position when you kickoff, even if they go 3 and out they can still punt you to the 10 yard line like they did today. It's very hard for any team to go 85 or 90 yards for a score. Our kickoff coverage sucks and it put us in a bad position a lot today. If you think to how many times they got the ball close to midfield and how many times we got the ball inside the 15, it's amazing we won.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

At least you finally acknowledged that we are 7-2 and 6-0 in the Big Sky Conference. Otherwise, anyone who didn't know what the final score was would think we got blown out at home by reading your post. Come on, we are relevant in FB for the first time since before the Division I move. Try to enjoy it.

And you seem to forget some of the embarrassing losses in 2013; those were way worse than anything we have done this year.

And as for the attendance, it is apparent that this team could win every home game with a shutout and it still wouldn't convince some people to go.

I've acknowledged our win record every week and I'm a huge supporter of this team. Missed six home games since "86".  Go through my last year of posts and won't see a more dedicated fan.  Today's game was embarrassing to me...,yet they won.  Not happy with how we won but happy we won.  Everyone has the right to be critical....I'm doing that.   Und needs to shape things up to be considered a contender ...the last two weeks has me questioning. 

In bubba we trust 

Just now, Longtime fan said:

I've acknowledged our win record every week and I'm a huge supporter of this team. Missed six home games since "86".  Go through my last year of posts and won't see a more dedicated fan.  Today's game was embarrassing to me...,yet they won.  Not happy with how we won but happy we won.  Everyone has the right to be critical....I'm doing that.   Und needs to shape things up to be considered a contender ...the last two weeks has me questioning. 

In bubba we trust 

I wasn't questioning your loyalty or dedication, unlike the fair-weather bandwagoners who won't show up until we are FCS title contenders. I agree with you, this team is not complete yet, but it is absolutely amazing how quickly Bubba and his staff have turned this program around. 2013 was absolutely embarrassing. But after 2 full recruiting classes, Bubba and company have us at the top of the Big Sky Conference.

And yes.....In Bubba We Trust.

• Upvote 1