SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

At times Rudolph has looked like a genius. Not so much yesterday. The way UND fans complain about him reminds me of how Bison fans wanted Vigen fired as OC. Just dumb. 

Agreed, I think there are SOME valid complaint, and I've been open about my concerns at times. But the level to which some criticize is excessive.

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, I think there are SOME valid complaint, and I've been open about my concerns at times. But the level to which some criticize is excessive.

People act like the job is so easy. If he had Clive this offense would be terrorizing other teams. He can't make the third down throw to a wide open Cloyd for Bartels. I didn't like his game plan yesterday because it wasn't balanced enough. In the end Bubba trusts him and that's all I need.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He's already made you eat crow this year. I guess you must be hungry for more.

Genius: Someone with exceptional intelligence or creativity in some particular respect. 

I'd stick to words that fit the person within the scope of their "particular respect" when describing him/her. 

To hit on an occasional play or two per game doesn't fit your analogy in any way, shape or form. Has he had his moments of seemingly knowing what is going on.........yes but they have been few and far between.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Genius: Someone with exceptional intelligence or creativity in some particular respect. 

I'd stick to words that fit the person within the scope of their "particular respect" when describing him/her. 

To hit on an occasional play or two per game doesn't fit your analogy in any way, shape or form. Has he had his moments of seemingly knowing what is going on.........yes but they have been few and far between.

A genius is also often misunderstood and under appreciated by their contemporaries.

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'm telling you, give him Clive right now and we'd hang 40 on everyone.

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm telling you, give him Clive right now and we'd hang 40 on everyone.

..........and Beethoven still was able to produce masterpieces musically while losing his hearing and subsequently going deaf.

We haven't run the ball as successfully the last few games.

Have the last few opponents been crowding the line of scrimmage? "Jamming the box" as they say. If that is the case, I really don't know, then shouldn't passing be easier, at least shorter passes?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kap said:

Have the last few opponents been crowding the line of scrimmage? "Jamming the box" as they say. If that is the case, I really don't know, then shouldn't passing be easier, at least shorter passes?

To your first question...yes.

Your last question........genius! 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

..........and Beethoven still was able to produce masterpieces musically while losing his hearing and subsequently going deaf.

Poor example since he wasn't deaf his whole life. If he did a masterpiece missing a key instrament then you might have an accurate analogy 

19 minutes ago, Kap said:

We absolutely need balance on offense. We it's about even the offense looks pretty good. Maybe Stanley is more important than we know?

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Poor example since he wasn't deaf his whole life. If he did a masterpiece missing a key instrament then you might have an accurate analogy 

:huh:

In the "How to be a genius" spectrum geaux has:

Rudolph w/o Clive >>> Beethoven w/o hearing

You win..........I got nothing left.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

:huh:

In the "How to be a genius" spectrum geaux has:

Rudolph w/o Clive >>> Beethoven w/o hearing

You win..........I got nothing left.

You should be able to understand the difference.  Beethoven would still be able to know what it would sound like without hearing it. There is also no such thing as defense in music.

9 minutes ago, Kap said:

What would this thread look like if we had lost? Hide the children!

Amen!  We've got some on here that act like they're geniuses on something that, if they were magically put in the role in question, they would quickly turn into a monkey looking at their wristwatch.  Big talk. Internet tough guys. :D  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Amen!  We've got some on here that act like they're geniuses on something that, if they were magically put in the role in question, they would quickly turn into a monkey looking at their wristwatch.  Big talk. Internet tough guys. :D  

Genius or tough guy I'm not but 41 total passing yards and averaging south of 4 yards a carry won't win another game this season. Would think even you could comprehend that. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'll go back to UND's first 2 offensive series.......WSU had 8 in the box with deep safety within 10-12 yards of the line of scrimmage....not even a PA pass called. Became a numbers game. Tough to get a push being outnumbered most of the game.

OK, but when they did attempt to throw in the first half Either guys couldn't get open or Studs couldn't find them because he hung on to the ball to long.  pretty hard to call any passes when it isn't working.  Something I noticed during the game was how quick Weber was to pursue the run plays and at least a few times that left a big cut back lane that the UND backs aren't taking or aren't seeing. 

Bartels shouldn't be running the ball but he would have gotten the first on the boot leg if the blocking would been decent.  The backside defender was barely touched and the blocker had position on him.  

In the second half of the game I was really hoping they would just send the kickoff out of bounds because the coverage was so bad.  It is hard to see on TV but on one of the kickoffs it looked like our cover guy was grabbed and thrown to the ground.  If Weber was doing this on all returns and nothing was called I can see why UND had some trouble covering.  Of coarse that doesn't excuse the crapping tackling of the kick coverage team. 

First, Big Game, I had the EXACT same thoughts about just kicking it OB.

As for play calling, I was able to say aloud what the play would be to the extent I won lunch on a bet with a friend. BUT, I agree that the play calling is in line with the personnel.

We talk about diminished WR's but what about the OLine?. Seems every third play Stockwell is dinged but to his credit guts it out, but I wonder about his leg(s). What are we on re: backups on the line? If the opposition is going with 9 in the box, it's tough to get the running game going especially with a banged up OLine.

Last thing-although he did not make the catch he should have made in the 4th, Cloyd looks like a monster. Can't wait till he develops more FB IQ.