SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

2 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

Everybody's blaming Rudolph, if your going to blame a coach blame Kostich. The kickoff team has been rotten all year.

Kickoff coverage sucked but the offensive play calling, minus suu and cal poly has been been beyond predictable.  Predictability at its best with Rudolph.   

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

If Studs "was hurt coming in" and not 100% that makes the decisions by Rudolph to keep pounding him even more ridiculous.

The QB run has been part of our offense for two years now??  QB couldn't throw it and they were stacking the box.  Some of Studs' runs were option reads. Some were calls to get an extra blocker.  

Something didn't seem right with Studs throwing the ball today. He was way off in the first half.  I don't think he was healthy. Just my opinion.  

4 minutes ago, homer said:

The QB run has been part of our offense for two years now??  QB couldn't throw it and they were stacking the box.  Some of Studs' runs were option reads. Some were calls to get an extra blocker.  

Something didn't seem right with Studs throwing the ball today. He was way off in the first half.  I don't think he was healthy. Just my opinion.  

There is a kid named Brady. Another named John. Heard they're both pretty decent. Both better options than your banged up #1 QB regardless what you have been running for 2 years.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

Yes, but why would we risk it when we've got 3 rb's and a fb?  I am disappointed with how much we ran Studs, even though he typically does excel in that style. Even worse, he keeps running with the backup qb. Whaddya do when he gets injured?

Feel free to go to 3:00 of this video:

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Studs was off because they didn't let him throw a single time in the first quarter. Rudolph had an off day as well.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Studs was off because they didn't let him throw a single time in the first quarter. Rudolph had an off day as well.

Ok that's it.  So not throwing the first quarter couldn't let him throw it in the ocean in the 2nd? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

There is a kid named Brady. Another named John. Heard they're both pretty decent. Both better options than your banged up #1 QB regardless what you have been running for 2 years.

8 guys in the box and 3 keying on #22 and #5. 

2 minutes ago, homer said:

8 guys in the box and 3 keying on #22 and #5. 

Yup.......still better options than #7 if Rudolph won't call a pass play.

...........but the Jet Sweep was effective today. :huh:

The defense is definitely fun to watch and really is a thing of beauty when they are on.

I hope the offense gets a couple kinks worked out this week and am crossing my fingers for Studsrud. he was throwing the ball before he went into the locker room and put the sling on so I am trying to be an optimist on this one.

I think my new favorite spot to watch the game is the top row of section 105 on the 50 yard line. I was standing most of the game and it was nice to have nobody behind me yelling to sit down. You can also look up at the monitors in the suites / pressbox and watch the replays when a play is being reviewed. 

Looking forward to tailgating and taking in the game in Greeley. I am now feeling a bit nervous about this one.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agreed. First and goal from 2 us line and we should have pounded our big back 4 times.  Instead we go bootleg and get our qb hurt. 

We tried bootleg again late in game and they were ready for it then too

Up 7-0........get 4th and 18" yet UND goes with a quick snap QB sneak. Really??? #5 was in the backfield. 

IMO that set the tone offensively for UND the rest of the game. Terrible call......and that trend continued.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Up 7-0........get 4th and 18" yet UND goes with a quick snap QB sneak. Really??? #5 was in the backfield. 

IMO that set the tone offensively for UND the rest of the game. Terrible call......and that trend continued.

Third and fourth downs with a yard or less this game....whatever reason, was not very good at advancing the ball.

Edit. Last few games. 

What baffles me is the play calling at the end of the first half.  Either go for it, or don't.  Don't go for it when there isn't enough time to do anything.  They ran 2 plays that the only outcome was percentage wise more in favor of Weber than UND.  Don't try to pad a running backs stats when there is a possibility of a fumble, just take a knee.

15 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Absolutely!!! Brady 4 times if needed!   

Some complained we ran too much into 9 and 10 man boxes and that's what they had on the goal line.

Studs got hurt on a QB draw about 5 plays prior to the play near the goal line. He couldn't even lift his arm immediately after.

Nonetheless, if it must be Bartles Ok. Studs was off today and Bartles threw a couple of nice balls today. Loved Heidelbaugh's option pass-allowed Wanzek to catch it on either end.