SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State Game Day

Sioux94

2 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Not Brady, but Norberg has had some good runs and opportunities.  Someone with high authority said Weber didn't give us a sniff with that play all game.  That's why we didn't run it.  I still would of liked to see it tried 1 time........

Perhaps from the 2 yard line, instead of bootlegging Studs.....

On 10/29/2016 at 11:05 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

There's something going on with these speakers than meets the normal eye??? or ear ??? 

Are you insinuating like at the metro dome the air happened to blow in when the visiting time was at bat and out when the twins were up? 

16 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'd rather not have Brady as a lead blocker. No need for extra wear and tear with no buy week.

Yup.........Rudolph seemed to agree on your point and plus he gave #5 just 13 carries to lessen #5's "wear and tear" as he shifted some of those "wear and tear" carries to #7 with 9 attempts. 3 carries which were called IIRC when everyone in the Alerus could see #7 was ding up. 

Genius.............

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yup.........Rudolph seemed to agree on your point and plus he gave #5 just 13 carries to lessen #5's "wear and tear" as he shifted some of those "wear and tear" carries to #7 with 9 attempts. 3 carries which were called when everyone in the Al could see #7 was ding up. 

Genius.............

So salty. Brady should have had more carries. He's better against the stacked box than Santiago since he gets the extra 1-3 after contact. I absolutely hate when they make Brady go east and west though, he's not a side to side guy, if the blocking isn't perfect he gets destroyed.

3 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

All of this talk about the OC and the QB.  It all comes down to the OL.  They are not playing well.

Agreed that the OC has to adjust to the realities of the OL play but it really limits what he's able to call.

Gotta blame somebody....and Peski doesn't play FB.

• Upvote 3

My 2 cents on the Rudolph\play calling issues.   Rudolph is just one part of the equation.  The staff, especially Bubba, sets the philosophy for each game.   Not throwing much early is probably a Bubba decision.   He likes to slow the game down and believes in the power run game and believes in sticking with it.  Bubba’s basic philosophy is defense, the run game (including runs from the QB position) and winning the turnover battle.  (16-2 advantage in interceptions on the season is one result of that and outrushing our opponents 1928-884 is another)  I’ve been told they do give Keaton enough freedom to check out of plays, including from a run to a pass.  He might be on a little bit of a tight leash, but he is allowed to make the basic adjustments.

Rudolph is executing decisions made by the overall staff.  If players execute, the play succeeds.   If the defense stacks the box and the good guys in green execute and get couple key blocks out of a beat up line, it makes for some nice gainers.   But, I’ll take that game plan….holding an undefeated opponent to 12 yards rushing, winning the turnover battle 4-0 and rushing for 170 yards is usually going to let you come out on top. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Are you insinuating like at the metronome the air happened to blow in when the visiting time was at bat and out when the twins were up? 

You're getting close, some speakers hurt your ears and most don't. Depends where you are sitting. Is that that hard to understand?

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading on Sioux Football Insider that Dale Murphy, former Atlanta Braves Centerfielder, was at the Alerus for the Weber game.  Apparently his son plays for them.  Being a life long fan of the Braves, I wish I would have known this and been able to keep an eye out for him.  Anyone else get a chance to meet or see Dale?