SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

4 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

You think he plays somewhere next year or hangs it up?

That’s a good question but if I had to answer he will play again be it starter or backup. With that said it wouldn’t surprise me if he hung it up but at this point I can’t see that happening 

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I met Carson at a charity function for kids with cancer a few years back and I can't say enough about him.  NDSU guy, yeah...boo...., but just a great guy to talk too. 

Haters gonna hate.  Hate that he is an NDSU guy, but still a great person. 

The haters just want to dwell on his failures not his accomplishments which there are many. If the hate is only because he played for NDSU then so be it. Pretty shallow in my book 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I met Carson at a charity function for kids with cancer a few years back and I can't say enough about him.  NDSU guy, yeah...boo...., but just a great guy to talk too. 

Haters gonna hate.  Hate that he is an NDSU guy, but still a great person. 

I don't hate him cuz he is an NDSU guy, I do because he is a Bismarck Century guy:D

54 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

The haters just want to dwell on his failures not his accomplishments which there are many. If the hate is only because he played for NDSU then so be it. Pretty shallow in my book 

Most of his critics don’t really know or care that he played at NDSU.  They base their takes on his performance, or lack thereof in the NFL.  One of the biggest early 1st round QB busts ever?

47 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Most of his critics don’t really know or care that he played at NDSU.  They base their takes on his performance, or lack thereof in the NFL.  One of the biggest early 1st round QB busts ever?

Carson wouldn’t even be mentioned in this conversation. Do a quick google search of all time busts, none of them had half the success that Carson had. Did he have the career he or others maybe expected, no. But, he played some really good football at times in a league that has chewed up and spit out countless stars at the QB position.

Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Heath Shuler,  Rick Mirer, Andre Ware, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Vince Young. All much less productive than Carson.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

That's exactly right.   I don't care that he's an NDSU guy, but I do care that he's totally overrated.   As to him having a SB ring, yes, but he got it standing on the sidelines.   Wentz never played in the playoffs that year.  I have said this before, it was the Bison that made Wentz look good and not the other way around.

1 minute ago, Hawkster said:

That's exactly right.   I don't care that he's an NDSU guy, but I do care that he's totally overrated.   As to him having a SB ring, yes, but he got it standing on the sidelines.   Wentz never played in the playoffs that year.  I have said this before, it was the Bison that made Wentz look good and not the other way around.

If your criticism of him has nothing to do with him being an NDSU guy, where are the threads on this site devoted to the hundreds of other players in the nfl who are overrated, over paid and were drafted higher than their talent?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

If your criticism of him has nothing to do with him being an NDSU guy, where are the threads on this site devoted to the hundreds of other players in the nfl who are overrated, over paid and were drafted higher than their talent?

You don't see me complaining about Trey Lance or any of the other numerous Bison players in the NFL do you?   In fact I'm happy to see guys like Watson and Volson making it big.

16 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

You don't see me complaining about Trey Lance or any of the other numerous Bison players in the NFL do you?   In fact I'm happy to see guys like Watson and Volson making it big.

But that’s my point, you bring up other Bison players. If you didn’t care that Carson was an ndsu guy and you are strictly criticizing him as someone who is just overrated, why no comments from you or others about the many other overrated players in the nfl?

I’m just pointing out that your criticism must have at least something Carson being an NDSU guy, otherwise there would be other threads for the other overrated players.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

But that’s my point, you bring up other Bison players. If you didn’t care that Carson was an ndsu guy and you are strictly criticizing him as someone who is just overrated, why no comments from you or others about the many other overrated players in the nfl?

I’m just pointing out that your criticism must have at least something Carson being an NDSU guy, otherwise there would be other threads for the other overrated players.

Let him hate. I couldn’t care less 

13 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Well no one has started a thread about how the other NFL busts are taking multiple cities by storm so it's hard to call out the rest of them.  So it looks like those of us who figured out what Wentz is will just have to be regarded as haters by the jock sniffers.

15 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Maybe one of the biggest busts, but it's pretty difficult to top Ryan Leaf.  

19 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Do people not realize before he tore his ACL he was third in MVP voting, behind Brady and Todd Gurley. I think him going down and Foles leading them to the superbowl really messed with his head and ego. I remember reading an article that he wasn't supportive of how well Foles did during that playoff run. In Carson's defense it was him that got Philly into that position. And the answer is JaMarcus Russell.

3 hours ago, Hayduke1 said:

Maybe one of the biggest busts, but it's pretty difficult to top Ryan Leaf.  

Idk, tough to be a bust when you play well enough to get paid.

Every year there seem to be high draft picks at the QB position that flat out flop. Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson come to mind. Wilson, could still turn it around I guess. Young guy. 

Dwayne Haskins (RIP), Mitch Trubisky, and so on.

Kinda hard to figure out how to classify Wentz's career. Sorta strange.  

29 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Idk, tough to be a bust when you play well enough to get paid.

Every year there seem to be high draft picks at the QB position that flat out flop. Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Zach Wilson come to mind. Wilson, could still turn it around I guess. Young guy. 

Dwayne Haskins (RIP), Mitch Trubisky, and so on.

Kinda hard to figure out how to classify Wentz's career. Sorta strange.  

im with you on everyone except Mayfield...he litteraly went to an absolute dumpster fire of a team, and lead them to the playoffs, with a win over there most hated rival...was he the best at that position....no, but he was the best the Browns had seen in over 2 decades.