SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

3 hours ago, Hawkster said:

Well it looks like Colts owner Jim Irsay still has nothing good to say about Carson Wentz even 6 months after they dumped him.  Talk about being brutally honest about how bad Wentz was.   https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/commanders/colts-owner-cited-massive-problems-due-carson-wentzs-inconsistency

The drunken owner talking crap about Wentz. Yawn 

12 hours ago, Rory said:

The drunken owner talking crap about Wentz. Yawn 

You act like he has a personal vendetta against CW, when he's actually just honest about his time on the roster in Indy. If it was personal he wouldn't be giving him compliments (from the same article).

"Carson is not the scapegoat. He's a good man and a good father. It just didn't work out."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

You act like he has a personal vendetta against CW, when he's actually just honest about his time on the roster in Indy. If it was personal he wouldn't be giving him compliments (from the same article).

It is possible to walk and chew gum at the same time. If you've followed along the past year or so, it was quite clear Irsay had a problem with the way Carson handled his vaccination status. Carson's play on the field put him as an above average QB. Is Matt Ryan and upgrade, we'll find out this year.

The fact that he compliments Wentz, certainly doesn't mean it isn't personal. May just mean he doesn't want to stir the pot with a player no longer on his roster and create a distraction.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:17 AM, jdub27 said:

Knocking a guy for getting hurt while defending Wentz is some next level irony.

I wasn’t knocking him for getting hurt. Just pointing out the irony that the poster seems to think no NDSU player is good to garner an NFL roster spot while there are 16 currently on one and there is exactly 1 F’N Hawk on a roster. 

It appears Wentz played his usual game yesterday.   The only Commanders TD's were from the backup QB, and Wentz got sacked on a third down play and the sack took them out of FG range.   A good QB know enough to throw the ball away and at least get 3 points.

On 8/21/2022 at 12:11 PM, Hawkster said:

It appears Wentz played his usual game yesterday.   The only Commanders TD's were from the backup QB, and Wentz got sacked on a third down play and the sack took them out of FG range.   A good QB know enough to throw the ball away and at least get 3 points.

Obsess much? Seek help 

On 8/21/2022 at 10:49 AM, nd1sufan said:

I wasn’t knocking him for getting hurt. Just pointing out the irony that the poster seems to think no NDSU player is good to garner an NFL roster spot while there are 16 currently on one and there is exactly 1 F’N Hawk on a roster. 

Semantics, but if NDSU is claiming 16, then UND would have 2.
Both Jabril Cox and Kenny Golladay transferred and didn't finish their schooling at North Dakota schools (and yes I understand the difference between a grad transfer and one due to a coaching change.

On 8/25/2022 at 9:15 AM, jdub27 said:

Semantics, but if NDSU is claiming 16, then UND would have 2.
Both Jabril Cox and Kenny Golladay transferred and didn't finish their schooling at North Dakota schools (and yes I understand the difference between a grad transfer and one due to a coaching change.

let's add in cfl now

36 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Not sure if you can call it professional football when the average player is making less than you or me.

There's NO WAY Hornbachers* is paying you $38,500 a year nd1sufan!!!  NO WAY!:lol:

* - BREAKING NEWS - those bail-out douchebags are NO LONGER the "Official Grocer" of UND Athletics - it's back to being Hugo's where it belongs.  Thankfully Learfield Sports is DEAD at UND!  They brought nothing to the table...but they did teach the Ralph people to double or triple their prices and have pissed off a LOT of long time clients - so they still live on somehow!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Rory said:

How’d Wentz do? 

Let me guess since you're asking.  Social media was kind this week, the local media didn't manufacture a QB controversy this week, the owner stroked his ego just right, the coaches talked nicely to him, his receivers didn't have butter fingers, the line protected him, the running backs blocked consistently, the defense did its part, the officials didn't have it out for him this game,  the weather was decent, yada yada yada... did I forget any of the litany of excuses that get thrown about when your precious alumni struggle?  I take it his team won? I personally DGAF -- just like to kick crap in face of folks who represent a fan base that says UND is insignificant to them yet come on a fan board to see what were all doing now. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

He wasn't too bad today.  I'll bet he felt pretty good being able to stick it to Dougie P today. 

Actually I didn’t watch the game. I had another commitment. Forgot Pederson was their coach. Has to be very satisfying for Wentz  

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He was good other than his picks. I root for Carson because he is a ND hunting man, non degenerate like the rest of the NFL! Perfect guy to have in Washington!!!!

I pull for anyone from North Dakota. And I’m a hunting fanatic too. I’ve never understood the hate for the guy