SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

51 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I suggest we change the title of this thread to "Carson Wentz taking the unemployment office by storm".   I doubt any team is signing him this late and trying to get him to learn their plays.  He couldn't play when he had a whole year to figure it out.

totally caught me off guard with that pic of him wearing gear from all his 3 teams.....assumed he was in camp somewhere....pretty sure he's done.

He made 128 million dollars so far for a very mediocre career as a professional football player - HOORAY?  Why are any of us worried about his future?  He already won the "I can retire at 28 and never have to work a job for money again in my life" lottery.   AGAIN - HOORAY?  Sure his feelings are hurt no one gives a !@#$ about him now... guess what Carson?   YOU ALREADY MADE 128 MILLION DOLLARS!   It's called winning the lottery of professional a-hole athletes who don't think their greatness has been noted.  IT HAS - YOU ARE - and you're unemployed but rich beyond most peoples means...how about taking some of the big $$$  and making a difference in the little peoples' lives.   Dare ya....

20 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

totally caught me off guard with that pic of him wearing gear from all his 3 teams.....assumed he was in camp somewhere....pretty sure he's done.

I'm sure the picture with the gear from his last three gigs is an attempt to show him as a team player and somehow friendly with all three.   No one is going to buy it, he'll always be remembered as a bust and being poison in the locker room

18 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

He made 128 million dollars so far for a very mediocre career as a professional football player - HOORAY?  Why are any of us worried about his future?  He already won the "I can retire at 28 and never have to work a job for money again in my life" lottery.   AGAIN - HOORAY?  Sure his feelings are hurt no one gives a !@#$ about him now... guess what Carson?   YOU ALREADY MADE 128 MILLION DOLLARS!   It's called winning the lottery of professional a-hole athletes who don't think their greatness has been noted.  IT HAS - YOU ARE - and you're unemployed but rich beyond most peoples means...how about taking some of the big $$$  and making a difference in the little peoples' lives.   Dare ya....

Don't forget the super bowl ring

3 hours ago, Brucesky02 said:

What am I missing that makes this a racist organization that requires a specific religious affiliation?

I guess I am confused, too. Last time I checked most from Hati aren't white. I am not getting the hate for Wentz. North Dakota kid players for the Bison, then goes on to play in the NFL. Makes a few TV commercials for Scheels. To me he seems like a decent kid. 

After visiting on a mission trip in the spring of 2017, Carson felt a calling for the AO1 Foundation to establish a footprint in Haiti. He saw the great work Mission of Hope had already been doing in the country, and together they began “A partnership to bring hope to a nation through sport” by building the Haiti Sports Complex.

Construction of the Haiti Sports Complex began in December 2017, and the project was divided into two phases. The first phase, completed in August 2019, included an 18,000 sq. foot multipurpose building with two sport courts and locker rooms. (Link)

Hati Sports Complex.PNG

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Hawkster said:

But Wentz "earned" that ring standing on the sideline.   It didn't even look like he was cheering for Philly when they won.

Individual merit and championships in team sports are a fickle thing.  Think about how many names get inscribed on the Stanley Cup each season, and the minimum criteria there.  I don't think you can measure contribution based on a late season injury.

9 hours ago, Hawkster said:

But Wentz "earned" that ring standing on the sideline.   It didn't even look like he was cheering for Philly when they won.

Wentz earned the ring because of his outstanding play before he got hurt. He was a huge factor in their successful season. Not sure the Eagles would have made it to the Super Bowl without his contributions. He was one of the favorites for MVP and Rookie of the year prior to his injury. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 3/7/2023 at 7:33 AM, The Sicatoka said:

The NHL is smarter than the NFL regarding entry-level contracts. 

You don't dump millions on a guy for what they did with the St. Albert Saints or the Niagara Purple Eagles. You get them to a pro level, see them perform, then comes "Jerry Maguire". 

Please don't respond "career" or "injury". It happens in every sport. 

exactly...you would think that the players union for the NFL would say you eat qdoba and live in a condo for your first five years and then prove yourself and then get chipotle and the house!  (looking at you mr trey)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Trey Lance has a very small sample size, so I wouldn't write him off just yet. If he ends up with a team that is willing to develop him, he could still do something in the NFL.

if you watched the first half of the game last night you'd write him off....horrible everything...guys on the NFL were taking it easy on him live but were probably saying WTF off air....