SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

25 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Six sacks. 2/3 into 2nd qtr

I am not watching live - is he holding on too long or is the wash oline just overwhelmed?

I'm not watching the game but a good QB knows how to throw it away rather than take the sack.   Some times it's probably unavoidable but not always.   I thought scrambling and running was supposed to be Wentz's strong suit?

56 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I'm not watching the game but a good QB knows how to throw it away rather than take the sack.   Some times it's probably unavoidable but not always.   I thought scrambling and running was supposed to be Wentz's strong suit?

yes...but it was against incarnate word and wofford state....

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am with him on all of them except Geno Smith. The Seahawks are looking good with him under center. He had the misfortune of being drafted by the Jets and that stunted his development.

true..he's having a good year..thought locke would replace him by the first month.

That final "Commanders" possession was ... a possession. It was a horrifying ghastly display. Wentz should've been picked off once, twice, thrice in the last 90 seconds of the game before it finally happened. 

I'll say it again: The best OL Wentz has played behind might still have been in Fargo. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Never came close to saying that, bye.
The more you bring it up the more will believe.

So you're saying the best he's been behind is Bismarck Century. ;) :D 

PHI's bad line got him sacked and hurt. He's in the same precarious position now with WAS. If he doesn't have time he becomes average at best. (That's common for most QBs.) 

On 10/10/2022 at 9:28 AM, The Sicatoka said:

That final "Commanders" possession was ... a possession. It was a horrifying ghastly display. Wentz should've been picked off once, twice, thrice in the last 90 seconds of the game before it finally happened. 

I'll say it again: The best OL Wentz has played behind might still have been in Fargo. 

I've said it several times on this board, it was the Bison that made Wentz look great and not the other way around.