SiouxSports.com Forum

Carson Wentz taking Philly err Indy err DC by storm

SiouxVolley

17 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if you watched the first half of the game last night you'd write him off....horrible everything...guys on the NFL were taking it easy on him live but were probably saying WTF off air....

Well, yeah, if you play a bad half you should be written off!   So what do we do with 90% of your posts, write them off, or be thankful for the other 10%?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kab said:

I would imagine Carson will be on a roster at some point of the season

you would think........look at the 49ers in the NFC championship game......i know that johnson (?) got hurt but i doubt if he was gonna get much done but bring in a guy like carson in that situation and he's mature enough and talented enough to make it a game....

On 8/15/2023 at 7:30 AM, The Sicatoka said:

He's played like 4.25 games in the last 1300 days. 

By comparison, would you want an effectively rookie goalie with stat? 

This to me, above anything else, has been the issue.

I don't blame for striking while the iron was hot and COVID through everything into a loop.  However, it might have been better to have played at least that Spring Season or maybe went somewhere else in the FBS for a season for starters.  

Media has jumped on the bashing Trey narrative because SF dared to take him over Fields (who is the darling of the media despite the lack of accolades and success).  SF also put themselves in a box by basically saying: If Purdy is healthy, he's starting.  

Its clear and obvious:  The 49ers don't want Trey anymore and they just need to part ways now.  He's 23 years old, lets not right him off yet, but he needs to play... period, somewhere.

P.S:  Michael Lombardi needs to keep families names out of his mouth.  That was classless. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you would think........look at the 49ers in the NFC championship game......i know that johnson (?) got hurt but i doubt if he was gonna get much done but bring in a guy like carson in that situation and he's mature enough and talented enough to make it a game....

I think this will be the route for Carson this year, but I do find it interesting:  There are 64 QB positions* (32 starters, 32 backups) in the NFL.  He isn't good enough to at least be a backup somewhere?  I find that part hard to believe. 

Or too many people think he has the Footsteps Falco syndrome**.

*Didn't include 3rd string options because I think its silly and I don't think Wentz would take that option (nor should he, in my mind).

**The Replacements, underrated movie.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...