SiouxSports.com Forum

Cal Poly vs UND

Nodak78

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Quote from Bubba

"As always, we will build on the positives and address negatives of each performance.  We need to eliminate penalties!  We need to take advantage of scoring opportunities when we get field position in our opponents, this will create momentum for our team.  We also need to eliminate explosive pass plays, these plays give our opponent momentum.  These three concerns need to improve as we get ready for our next conference opponent."

So true, if we eliminated half of our offensive penalties, we would probably see a few more sustained drives throughout the game.

14 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

So true, if we eliminated half of our offensive penalties, we would probably see a few more sustained drives throughout the game.

There is certainly room for improvement, but to be fair, some of those phantom penalties can be difficult to eliminate.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

What is a realistic regular season per game attendance number to achieve?

Sold out

I believe last year we were around 50th of 120 plus schools.

I think 11,000 is realistic.  The seating in the end zone is horrible.  I have a hard time sees those seats being filled consistently.

Jeez, I get having injuries throughout the season, but for all of them to be season ending it a bit ridiculous. Hopefully Holm gets a little playing time now, otherwise it would have seem a bit of a waste of his redshirt.

Also, with Cox .... I'm hoping that turns into be a bit of a blessing in disguise, not because of lack of talent, but because it forces the line to shuffle up a bit and change some things. I think Coe plays with a bit of an edge, so hopefully that helps at the tackle position to open up some outside running room for Santiago.

Nevermann is a bummer, as he had to be so patient to get on the field in the first place. Though I was hoping he would have made a little more noise. Will he be back next year, or is his eligibility up?

Don't know much about Francis, I assume he was primarily a blocking TE. Pretty sure we have enough guys to slide into that position.

Great news about seibel. Hope they try to get him the ball early to get him back into a rhythym.

20 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So it's confirmed that we will be wearing the gray unis tomorrow.  Gray helmets out of the question??!

Sounds like they are out, Per Tom M. they are still looking for some $$$

Probably fine too. That would be a lot of Gray. I think Gray Pants, Gray Jerseys and Green Helmets will look nice. Hopefully, Gray pants, Green Jerseys and Gray Helmets in the future; that would look nice too.

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Probably fine too. That would be a lot of Gray. I think Gray Pants, Gray Jerseys and Green Helmets will look nice. Hopefully, Gray pants, Green Jerseys and Gray Helmets in the future; that would look nice too.

The green pants are just a great addition to our uniforms.  I really like the look with the white jerseys.  I wouldn't mind seeing the green pants/gray jersey/green helmet combo on the field.

I think Cal Poly wins this one 31-20. Their offense is just so dynamic and I haven't seen UND be quite disciplined enough defensively to avoid the big plays that kill you when playing these types of teams.

With Cox out, Rooney is going to get his shot and most people feel he has a bright future. I think the offensive line will be fine but depth is now razor thin and they can't afford to lose anyone else. Cal Poly is going to stack the box so Studsrud is going to have to have a great game to give UND a chance.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Now that's some bad luck. Nothing but season ending injuries is tough to read through. This, again, emphasizes the need for more depth. Hopefully, the shakeups at offensive line and corner are it for the year because this team can't take anymore injuries at those units.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Football program needs some $$$ for a lot of things, with the HPC phase II being the most important. Other pending upgrades do include equipment/helmets.  

Anyone out there with some spare change? 

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm not sure our team is ready for an opponent this good..... just a feeling I have. I know our d can ball but as a full team we're just not there yet. Prove me wrong please, I'd love to have pancakes and crow sunday morning. 

Kind of have the same feeling.  If our offense was playing better I would think more favorably.  Worried about not scoring enough early and the triple option beginning to wear us out.

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm not sure our team is ready for an opponent this good..... just a feeling I have. I know our d can ball but as a full team we're just not there yet. Prove me wrong please, I'd love to have pancakes and crow sunday morning. 

UND can play with Poly just fine; look at last year's game down in SLO. Is Poly a better team this season? Absolutely. But not improved to the point where UND can't play with them, especially at home in the Alerus. UND wins *IF* they win the turnover battle and reduce their penalty yardage substantially. No reason UND can't win this one since it's at home.

A lot of doubt starting to seep into the minds of some supporters; must be the injury news. UND does need to improve on offense, though. Eventually Rudolph will call a clean game that his offense executes -- hopefully it's against Cal Poly. 

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Not saying you are wrong by any means. I hesitate to compare to last year, because we are a different team and so are they. BUT remember they beat MT last season too, MT smoked us, we smoked them. My point being, a lot of these games come down to the specific matchups and where the talent is within those matchups.

No doubt it will be the hardest game on our remaining schedule. I still say we are a more talented team than Stony Brook, but we saw how that worked out. Any given Saturday! 

2 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Wow, 4 more players out for the season.  Oh, well, next platoon, er, man up.

Man I hate to see injuries. Very unfortunate but something bubba has been dealt.  OL and CB are areas that we simply cannot afford injuries.  Poor nevermann, one stinking carry in two years!  

I've been excited about Torrey since the first practice and he seems to be getting more comfortable each week and now we get to see what Holms can do.  Carter looked real good in spring and fall ball, guessing he will get reps as well.  Have to be honest, tyus was not playing that well anyways, the opposing offenses were picking on him quite often.   Could this be an upgrade?......I think so, but hate seeing tyus go out for the year.  Unfortunate 

Cox is a good player but maybe with him out, the line change will be beneficial?  Coe at tackle seems more of a natural position for him and Rooney has talent.  

I guess all I'm doing is digging deep for some kind of optimistism.   

No more injuries and beat the Stangs! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND can play with Poly just fine; look at last year's game down in SLO. Is Poly a better team this season? Absolutely. But not improved to the point where UND can't play with them, especially at home in the Alerus. UND wins *IF* they win the turnover battle and reduce their penalty yardage substantially. No reason UND can't win this one since it's at home.

A lot of doubt starting to seep into the minds of some supporters; must be the injury news. UND does need to improve on offense, though. Eventually Rudolph will call a clean game that his offense executes -- hopefully it's against Cal Poly. 

It's not doubt on my part. I just think Cal Poly is a little bit better and I don't think the match up is that good for UND this year. UND has been too susceptible to the big pass plays which is something Cal Poly feasts on. Also, teams have been able to throw the ball on Cal Poly and the Mustangs have been poor at getting pressure on the QB. But as we all know, throwing the football isn't UND's strength and I'm not sure UND can make them pay through the air.