SiouxSports.com Forum

Cal Poly vs UND

Nodak78

7 hours ago, SloStang said:

Cal Poly just made it into the ranking and this game has me worried. UND kick Poly's @ss last year in SLO and this one is in Grand Forks.  A loss here and the voting members on the polls that ranked Cal Poly behind the two teams we beat will be able to say see, Cal Poly did not deserve to be ranked higher. Cal Poly is coming off two tough games and I think this will be every bit as tough.  To be honest I was more worried about our two trips to the Dakota's than any other games on our schedule including Montana and EWU at home.  I have much respect for the program UND is building and pull a little harder for the former GWFC members in the Big Sky, except Davis of course ;).    Even though this game has me worried, I am looking forward to it.  

Whoever loses this game is going to have a tough time convincing the voters they should be ranked. Poly is getting zero respect in them right now.  You guys should probably be ranked 10 or so. If we lose this game I think the voters will try and pigeon hole us outside of the top 25 unless we win out.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I am doing my part for attendance this week.  There will be 14 of us.  

Last time I saw, they had nearly 700 seats spoken for by UND parents who will be visiting Grand Forks this weekend for Family Weekend. The vast majority of those are folks who would not have been going to the game anyway because they are from out of the area. That coupled with it being Military Weekend will put a few more pro-UND butts in seats. 

There looking at about 900 parents at the hockey game, too, at last check, which was about a week ago.

Slostang,

The 3 goals I had for the sioux going into the big sky was

1. Become the 4th big sky power along with montana, Montana state, and eastern Washington

2. Become a playoff team

3. Win the big sky

I believe your program has become the big sky power (and usually a playoff team) that I hoped the sioux would have became, so every year the games against Cal poly, ewu, mon, msu will matter to me more as they show where our program belongs vs the big sky elite.

I am also becoming frustrated being in the big sky as this conference doesnt recieve enough praise from the polls/selection committee. I understand the big sky has some really bad teams in it but neither und or Cal poly has played against any of them this year. Your team has done remarkable against some elite programs and hardly ges noticed. We win games and get less votes each week. I have little faith that we will get selected into the playoffs unless we finish with 8 or more wins

9 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

No noticeable changes in the two-deep; looks like Cox is OK, as he's listed as the starter.  Nevermann the only player listed as being out.  Seibel upgraded to questionable.  Greer and Engwall also listed as questionable.

Boy, when I was going to practices in early August, Seibel looked pretty damn good then. He's got to be getting really really close. Be nice to get him some game action ASAP so he can get up to speed. 

17 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Boy, when I was going to practices in early August, Seibel looked pretty damn good then. He's got to be getting really really close. Be nice to get him some game action ASAP so he can get up to speed. 

I think we have a coaching staff that is very conservative when it comes to injuries (which is good), as evidenced by the fact that Reyes was held out of the second half of one of our first two games and also the 4th quarter and OT of the South Dakota game due to injury, yet was able to start the next game in both instances.  I think they held him out as a precautionary type of thing.   And now it seems as if they're keeping Seibel out until he's 100%, or close to it.  Just my take on it.

I think you will have to be +3 in to margin.

Your defense will be good enough to get some stops in a addition.

Their dbs won't be as good as MSUs were. If you OC can help Studsrud, you can get er done.

Won't hurt if your fans are loud enough to cause some false starts and cause CP to burn some time outs.

• Upvote 2

Poly's QB is a beast. They will pass more and more effectively than last year. Our DBs will be under a lot of strain on saturday and will need to be extremely disciplined with their eyes.  We can't afford to get burned deep on a couple of TD passes. We will need them to make a couple of very good plays on saturday if we want to win. Their D is also very fast and did a good job against Santiago last year so I expect more of the same this year. This is going to be a tough ass game. If we can knock their QB around and get him out of rhythm it will be huge.