SiouxSports.com Forum

Give me reasons

Fetch

Just now, UNDBIZ said:

Says the guy who showed up and started commenting because he though someone may have kind of almost insulted a team he roots for.

It would be a legitimate discussion point in the sports abyss that is July for a non baseball fan. He seemed to be making a point, I asked him to clarify said point. Sensitive? Nope.

i realize the ndsu trolls you are used to may have no interest in being reasonable and balanced in their posting here, but don't lump me in with that crowd.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

It would be a legitimate discussion point in the sports abyss that is July for a non baseball fan. He seemed to be making a point, I asked him to clarify said point. Sensitive? Nope.

i realize the ndsu trolls you are used to may have no interest in being reasonable and balanced in their posting here, but don't lump me in with that crowd.

You're one of maybe three NDSU fans that legitimately posts here instead of trolling.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I was referring to a P5 team.  

And what made you think that is what people would interpret based on your original comment? There are no "big time college football" teams in this area. And this was a quesiton pertaining to getting tickets to go to games in person. So I don't think you were talking about Notre Dame or Michigan or Minnesota (they are B1G, even though they have sucked for 50 years). You know which school it sounded like you were talking about, so please don't act innocent.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And what made you think that is what people would interpret based on your original comment? There are no "big time college football" teams in this area. And this was a quesiton pertaining to getting tickets to go to games in person. So I don't think you were talking about Notre Dame or Michigan or Minnesota (they are B1G, even though they have sucked for 50 years). You know which school it sounded like you were talking about, so please don't act innocent.

He was most likely talking about Notre Dame if he was referring to a specific program since he's all about the irish. NDSU is beneath his fandom now.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

As to the original topic, I'll take a stab as an outsider.

UND seems to be a program on the rise. With the right coaching staff in place now, it seems UND is poised to get back to being a contender on the conference scene and depending on how brackets shake out, make some noise in the playoffs.

As an NDSU fan, my perspective is, UND has always seemed to have a strong core of passionate football fans. Where UND struggles IMO is attracting the casual fan. This comes with winning, of course. But it's can also come as a result of the game day experience. The tailgating, the in game atmosphere etc. NDSU has some very, very passionate and creative people hyping the game and handling a lot of the in game experience. I believe, from what you all have said, that UND has a great need for improvement in these areas. Couple that with winning and it could be a formula for a larger and larger fanbase.

So why be a fan? Because if you wait to go until the product is better, you are indirectly contributing to the product and atmosphere continuing to be average.

This coming from a Bison fan, I'll take it. Game day experience could definitely use a boost. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Define "area."

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

As to the original topic, I'll take a stab as an outsider.

UND seems to be a program on the rise. With the right coaching staff in place now, it seems UND is poised to get back to being a contender on the conference scene and depending on how brackets shake out, make some noise in the playoffs.

As an NDSU fan, my perspective is, UND has always seemed to have a strong core of passionate football fans. Where UND struggles IMO is attracting the casual fan. This comes with winning, of course. But it's can also come as a result of the game day experience. The tailgating, the in game atmosphere etc. NDSU has some very, very passionate and creative people hyping the game and handling a lot of the in game experience. I believe, from what you all have said, that UND has a great need for improvement in these areas. Couple that with winning and it could be a formula for a larger and larger fanbase.

So why be a fan? Because if you wait to go until the product is better, you are indirectly contributing to the product and atmosphere continuing to be average.

Completely agree with this. I've been tailgating a few times over the past several years, and it is more impressive every time. I was also at the game last fall against USD (Yes, the one were the Yotes won :D) and it was a really good experience. Crowd is into it and the team introduction is pretty cool. Most fans around me had some friendly banter over my Sioux shirt as well, but it was a good time.

44 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Completely agree with this. I've been tailgating a few times over the past several years, and it is more impressive every time. I was also at the game last fall against USD (Yes, the one were the Yotes won :D) and it was a really good experience. Crowd is into it and the team introduction is pretty cool. Most fans around me had some friendly banter over my Sioux shirt as well, but it was a good time.

In terms of in-game features and atmosphere, NDSU does a tremendous job. For that reason, I have no problem wishing for UND to emulate that. 

I like Makin noise when the D is on the field

I've been to quitE a few Vikings games never really had good seats but enjoyed it

I would think there is not a bad seat by comparison 

• Upvote 2

Members of the coaching staff often stop by.

Parents of players are fun to meet and talk football with.

There is plenty of excellent food being prepared and plenty being shared.

When the weather is nice there is nothing better, when the weather is bad it gives you stories of survival for future conversations.

The Champions Club tent always has a UND team to meet and chat with. 

You never know what former players are going to walk by. 

It's a bison-free zone. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Irish said:

When the team is playing well the crowd noise can be a huge factor - especially on "third down and long".  You can be a part of that - and support a coach who bleeds UND Green and is a great guy

When I think of noise I think of the 2001 season and what an absolute blast it was!!  First year in the "AL" and fueled by a great team.   You want home field advantage, we had it!!   Noise!!  Noise!! Noise!!!  The playoff games that year were deafening! Obviously the team won the games but the "12th man"could tap themselves on the back as well.  Numerous false starts and major confusion on the offensive players faces.  No chance to audible.

Recent years Ive been on the catwalk and it's even better as you are able to exchange pleasantries with the opposing team.  I've been waved at numerous times with one finger.  ;) Once I know I'm under the skin...the turning begins!!  

Passing teams have a much more difficult time with the noise and being in the big sky (passing league) it would be a tremendous advantage to und to have the 12th man awoken!  Every down....not just the 3rd down.  And not only for the teams sake,  its a major part of the equation on what makes the "atmosphere".  

With bubba at the helm and our  first real expectation year since our move to d1, it would be great to see the fan support keep growing.  

So try and make a few games, grab a beer, cheer loud (12th man) and enjoy the hard work these young men and coaches have put in.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

When I think of noise I think of the 2001 season and what an absolute blast it was!!  First year in the "AL" and fueled by a great team.   You want home field advantage, we had it!!   Noise!!  Noise!! Noise!!!  The playoff games that year were deafening! Obviously the team won the games but the "12th man"could tap themselves on the back as well.  Numerous false starts and major confusion on the offensive players faces.  No chance to audible.

Recent years Ive been on the catwalk and it's even better as you are able to exchange pleasantries with the opposing team.  I've been waved at numerous times with one finger.  ;) Once I know I'm under the skin...the turning begins!!  

Passing teams have a much more difficult time with the noise and being in the big sky (passing league) it would be a tremendous advantage to und to have the 12th man awoken!  Every down....not just the 3rd down.  And not only for the teams sake,  its a major part of the equation on what makes the "atmosphere".  

With bubba at the helm and our  first real expectation year since our move to d1, it would be great to see the fan support keep growing.  

So try and make a few games, grab a beer, cheer loud (12th man) and enjoy the hard work these young men and coaches have put in.  

The catwalk is where it's at.  It's more fun up there and the view of the game is great.

• Upvote 1