SiouxSports.com Forum

Give me reasons

Fetch

To try getting into UND Football as a fan

Only been to one game when Alerus 1st opened never outside (weather had a lot to do with that)

I have never been a high school or college football fan

But I'm hardcover Vikings / NFL fan

Hunting was a main reason never missed a weekend hunting 

But now with bad neck & hunting buds all gone - I'm seriously thinking about UND football unless my grandsons travel hockey interferes too much

???

• Upvote 2

Well if you are an NFL fan....then you do obviously like football.  A couple reasons currently to watch UND football, Santiago alone is probably worth the price of admission.  That kid is fun to watch and you never know when he is going to take it to the house.  Also our defense is really fun to watch shutting down the run and getting after the QB, hopefully the pass defense will pick up this year.  Plus in general it is pretty good football and pretty cheap entertainment for watching a good caliber of football, and supporting your school.  I think the atmosphere will start building again this year and will make it even more fun to scream and yell when we are on defense and it is 3rd and long, and you can help be a part of that.  Plus tailgating before the games are fun.   Those are just a couple of reasons.   

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I'd suggest finding a big time college football team to cheer for. 

Here's another reason to go to UND football games: To stick it to NDSU instigators like this. There's currently a lack of reality and humility among some NDSU supporters and supporting a UND football program that does things the right way is a way to neutralize that. 

Primarily, though, UND football represents the University of North Dakota; so, from a pride standpoint, it is a great way to show support. Also, it's DI football so the product is quite fast and entertaining to watch at a cheap price. Tailgating and socializing before the game is always fun too.

Give it a try! Bubba and the football program would genuinely appreciate it. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

Only been to one game when Alerus 1st opened never outside (weather had a lot to do with that)

But now with bad neck & hunting buds all gone - I'm seriously thinking about UND football unless my grandsons travel hockey interferes too much

???

When I lived up in Nodak I was able to hunt ducks in the morning and then get to games by 1 PM. Just takes a little planning. 

Deer hunting weekend would be the one exception since that is typically an all day affair and basically a North Dakota holiday.

59 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Here's another reason to go to UND football games: To stick it to NDSU instigators like this. There's currently a lack of reality and humility among some NDSU supporters and supporting a UND football program that does things the right way is a way to neutralize that. 

Primarily, though, UND football represents the University of North Dakota; so, from a pride standpoint, it is a great way to show support. Also, it's DI football so the product is quite fast and entertaining to watch at a cheap price. Tailgating and socializing before the game is always fun too.

I realize this comment was in response to trolling, but what exactly do you mean by "doing things the right way"? You say it in a way that suggests NDSU doesn't do it the right way. Is that what you're saying?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I was referring to a P5 team.  

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

I realize this comment was in response to trolling, but what exactly do you mean by "doing things the right way"? You say it in a way that suggests NDSU doesn't do it the right way. Is that what you're saying?

No, I was not suggesting that. I was focusing on UND football and the positive attributes that Bubba has embraced.  My comments about NDSU were geared towards the specific individuals who go out of their way to criticize the University of North Dakota and its football program. 

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Can we stay on topic for once, please?  PM him...

• Upvote 3

Bubba ball is fun to watch.  Got into it last year after moving to grand forks,  season tickets this year.  And since you're already making a champions club donation for your hockey tickets,  you may as well get football tickets also. Would guess there are still good seats left. If your donation is 400 plus,  I believe you'll get a parking pass as well.  Champions club tail gating is a good time,  plus a free meal before each game

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No, I was not suggesting that. I was focusing on UND football and the positive attributes that Bubba has embraced.  My comments about NDSU were geared towards the specific individuals who go out of their way to criticize the University of North Dakota and its football program. 

Fair enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Can we stay on topic for once, please?  PM him...

Didn't seem like a PM sort of question. Just thought I would have him clarify his comment before responding and possibly derailing the thread.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fetch said:

???

Its a blast, and having Bubba at the helm has improved the product. I was a big fan in college and was at all the games because I was in the band. As left college I didn't follow the team as closely. There weren't a lot of options to watch the game at the time and the product on the field was getting pretty poor. Once Bubba took over and the hype on this fan forum picked up, I started following much closer.

This past season was a total blast to watch, and I watched as much as I could. The team and compete level is so much better. I actually watched a night game over a hockey game one time, which I usually wouldn't do. It was just that entertaining.

• Upvote 2

Not to mention, attending the game and making timely noise is a great way to truthfully help the UND football team. There's no doubt filling the building is great in terms of the players "seeing" the support and playing well as a result. Also, getting loud when UND is on defense is a huge advantage for UND that many overlook. 

Make the Alerus Center a great homefield advantage!