SiouxSports.com Forum

Give me reasons

Fetch

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

The catwalk is where it's at.  It's more fun up there and the view of the game is great.

Very true.  I like to talk a lot of shi$ and that's hard to do from the seats around families.  During pre game warmup's is when I like to start chirping as it's quieter and the opposing team ears are full aware. They kinda remember you!! Lol.  I might add that Adlers dad is/was a good time!  

Damnit I wish it was football season!!!! 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Because we still have a 20 game lead on the ag school and wish to expand that lead.  

Ndsu won 5 championships in a row while lead stayed at 20 games.  Not a stat with any semblance of meaning, other than to yourself.   Yes, you had the better squad in the 30's-50's, I'm happy for you.

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Herd said:

Ndsu won 5 championships in a row while lead stayed at 20 games.  Not a stat with any semblance of meaning, other than to yourself.   Yes, you had the better squad in the 30's-50's, I'm happy for you.

K, bye.

18 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

When I think of noise I think of the 2001 season and what an absolute blast it was!!  First year in the "AL" and fueled by a great team.   You want home field advantage, we had it!!   Noise!!  Noise!! Noise!!!  The playoff games that year were deafening! Obviously the team won the games but the "12th man"could tap themselves on the back as well.  Numerous false starts and major confusion on the offensive players faces.  No chance to audible.

Recent years Ive been on the catwalk and it's even better as you are able to exchange pleasantries with the opposing team.  I've been waved at numerous times with one finger.  ;) Once I know I'm under the skin...the turning begins!!  

Passing teams have a much more difficult time with the noise and being in the big sky (passing league) it would be a tremendous advantage to und to have the 12th man awoken!  Every down....not just the 3rd down.  And not only for the teams sake,  its a major part of the equation on what makes the "atmosphere".  

With bubba at the helm and our  first real expectation year since our move to d1, it would be great to see the fan support keep growing.  

So try and make a few games, grab a beer, cheer loud (12th man) and enjoy the hard work these young men and coaches have put in.  

Thats the best part of sitting front row in the student section. We've gotten a few players pulled away by coaches. Best part was when Stoney Brooks QB talked mad crap right before he went and threw the pick six. Didnt see him near the student section after that. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

They really aren't.

Try buying a ticket to a Bison game from NDSU after noon on Aug 1st, then go to the Alerus Sept 17th at kickoff time to buy a ticket for UND's home opener. Which ticket do you suppose would be possible to buy? 

• Downvote 3

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

Good for you. I think fans from "rival" schools have no busines going to the the rivals games that their team isn't involved in.

Why not? If you're a football fan, then who cares? Obviously and honestly, NDSU has put a very good and entertaining product on the field the past few years. Certainly entertaining to watch, even though I'm not a Bison fan. I went to the NDSU/USD game last fall and it was a great experience.

Same thing with hockey, I went to a mankato/gopher game last year. Still fun to watch a game in a good barn. Not the experience I remember from mariucci when I was a kid, but still.

Point is, you can be a fan of the sport and the game without loving that particular team.

4 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Try buying a ticket to a Bison game from NDSU after noon on Aug 1st, then go to the Alerus Sept 17th at kickoff time to buy a ticket for UND's home opener. Which ticket do you suppose would be possible to buy? 

So your moving target transitions from "tickets are hard to get" at all times to now "they are difficult to purchase" after a particular date. NDSU tickets are not difficult to come by. I've been offered tickets on several occasions over the past few years only to turn them down for more important football games to me, personally. 

The premise of this thread is UND football and UND athletics, as it is for this entire site. Please spew your biased opinion of ag school football elsewhere. Thanks.

• Upvote 3