SiouxSports.com Forum

2016 Volleyball season

dmksioux

Very hard task for UND right off the bat as Minnesota is the #2 seed.

Next year, UND will have to schedule and win against P5 teams.  This year they beat Clemson, but that doesn't go very far.  Non conference games are critical to get proper placement in the brackets.  Pryor needs to take the program to UNI or Wichita St levels to get respect.  UND can give Minnie a much tougher game than earlier, even though that was a 4 set mAtch, because UND found its zone in the second half of the BSC season.

3 hours ago, Feff said:

UM is playing really well right now. They just beat both Nebraska and Wisconsin within a week. Hopefully the girls are up for this after the long break. 

Hopefully they'll be full of themselves and turkey.   

4 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Don't look at Massey's projection for this game... ouch.  I'll be in attendance to cheer on the good guys though.

PABLO, a volleyball ratings system, gives UND a 4.6% chance of winning.

UND has jumped nearly 40 spots in RPI to 98, which is a large jump.  If UND was rated just on the second half of the conference season, they would probably be a 50 RPI or so.  

Hopefully, the Goophers dwell on the previous USC-Hawaii game, as Hawaii-Gopher NCAA game last year was intense.

I'm hoping for a UND victory, but reality can be a b*tch sometimes. :-) Can they win? Of course, and if they don't believe they can they shouldn't make the trip. Am I betting on it? Not so much. :-(

Having said that, Prior is going to win. He WANTS to win this, and will have them as prepared as possible to do so. He's not going for a "let's try not to embarrass ourselves to much" trip, he's going to win. I like that. :-) But again, to be honest, if it doesn't work out so well the takeaway won't be a "oh my gosh, how did we lose that match?" type response, it will be a "ok, so now you've seen what it's like at that level - let's get to work" type response. Either way, it can definitely be a long-term positive.

49 minutes ago, ChesterFritz90 said:

WatchESPN will have some of the games, but not all of them. It looks like Big Ten schools are trying to have their games on BTN2go. Hopefully Minnesota gets their game added so we can watch as well.

I am going off info from a printable bracket on the NCAA website that states all games will be available on WatchESPN.  NCAA has never been wrong has it? :)

http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/external/gametool/brackets/volleyball-women_d1_2016.pdf

17 minutes ago, cpa_guy said:

The UND Volleyball schedule states viewing as BTN2Go (free) with a link to where the feed will be. Can anyone confirm this game is free? Otherwise, I'm debating whether to spend the $9.99 to view the game.

The UND VB Twitter feed says it's free.

https://twitter.com/UNDvolleyball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw