SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

29 minutes ago, franchise said:

I think I sat in the stands for about an hour after the horn...in absolute silence

I ate Wings from Hooter during that game...I've never eaten their wings since.  Everytime I see a Hooter sign it still hurts a little, like pushing on an old bruise.

• Upvote 1

Compher was the only play from that line id want to wear green. He was a competitor. Connor avoided contact like Brain Lee. Knocked off the puck by the slightest nudge. He was scared of the boards. His skill was noticible but unless he commits to both zones he'll get exposed in the NHL.  That's why he's no Eichel. He doesn't do the dirty work.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Compher was the only play from that line id want to wear green. He was a competitor. Connor avoided contact like Brain Lee. Knocked off the puck by the slightest nudge. He was scared of the boards. His skill was noticible but unless he commits to both zones he'll get exposed in the NHL.  That's why he's no Eichel. He doesn't do the dirty work.

Exactly.  You look at UND's best forwards and they're also often out on the ice during the PK.  I didn't pay close enough attention to know whether he was out there or not, but I struggle to imagine Connor as effective on the PK.

7 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I ate Wings from Hooters during that game...I've never eaten their wings since.  Everytime I see a Hooters sign it still hurts a little, like pushing on an old bruise.

I guess I don't understand the connection between the two.  I don't hurt at all when I see hooters. 

• Upvote 2

As long as we get to post mortem on Michigan's season (which is fun when it happens that we're still playing), I think their season long preparation left them short.    They only played 3 games against tournament teams.

UND's pace, puck pursuit, physicality all seemed to catch them by surprise.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'd take Conner in a heartbeat.  Actually I would take Conner, Compher, and Motte.  They are all really good.  They simply ran into a brick wall last Saturday.

48 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I'd take Conner in a heartbeat.  Actually I would take Conner, Compher, and Motte.  They are all really good.  They simply ran into a brick wall last Saturday.

All too soft to play at UND.  None of them have anything close to a 200 ft. game. No physical play or defense.  I'd take 3 more Drake's over any of those 3.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

All too soft to play at UND.  None of them have anything close to a 200 ft. game. No physical play or defense.  I'd take 3 more Drake's over any of those 3.

Drake learned to play defense at UND. Connor would do the same. Compher was a good two-way player, IMO.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Because there's 9 frickin days before Tampa. We need something to fill our time haha.

Same issue I've had over the past two years. Productivity at work definitely takes a dip between the regionals and the frozen four. Spend way to much time on forums, blogs and looking for material to read. Absolutely jack for the Frozen Four, and really wish I could go, but I have a conflict. I barely got anything done last year, the day we played BU; unfortunately we all know how that finished.

This is the year! Glad to know I have next Thurs and Fri off, and will be plenty busy leading up to the game. We know Denver, and I think we are the better team. They are obviously playing much better that when we swept them, but we were certainly not playing up to our potential when we got swept. UND needs to control this game early, and not let Denver into it. Outshoot Denver like they did to NU and Michigan. And limit guys like Heinen and Moore. UND 5-2

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Drake learned to play defense at UND. Connor would do the same. Compher was a good two-way player, IMO.

We will agree to disagree. I was completely underwhelmed by the CCM line watching both their games last weekend considering the Hobey hype.

38 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Coming from a true Sioux fan, I like it.  But in all honesty they all are very good players.  Just had a bad game.  Motte and Compher do have a very good 200 ft game.  Conner's will come over time.  Let's try not to be biased :)

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

I wouldn't touch Connor. I he didn't fight for the puck when he was knocked off of it. He's just not a competitor like Compher was. All of our guys fight like mad for the puck. I'd rather have Simo than Connor. He's tough and sets a tone.

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wouldn't touch Connor. I he didn't fight for the puck when he was knocked off of it. He's just not a competitor like Compher was. All of our guys fight like mad for the puck. I'd rather have Simo than Connor. He's tough and sets a tone.

He scored 71 points this year... Doh'k :lol:

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2016 at 11:14 AM, Rickwho55 said:

Sorry, I can't get rid of the quote box above, if it shows up after I post this. The 71 points that Connor scored this year is impressive, but Michigan only played 5 games against teams that made the tournament. 1 against Ferris, 2 against BU I believe, and 2 against RIT. That isn't exactly facing the top competition in the country.

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Easy now. Boeser is better than Duncan. But Jewels better than Oshie? Schmaltz better than Toews? Absolutly not.

Comparing two lines isn't just comparing the three players on the line.  I don't think I disagree with the statement that CBS is better than DOT.  That doesn't mean each player on one line is better than each player on the other line.

"More than the sum of their parts".

• Upvote 1