SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

47 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mentioning on air "talent", who were those buffoons for the UND game last night?

The play by play guy had "UMass" playing "Lowell" in OT last night. And it seemed like he'd maybe done three hockey games before this weekend.

The color guy? He sounded like he was 10 years old and had just gotten his maize and blue t-shirt and official membership card to the Junior Woofies club. He only acknowledged UND was in the game, much less dominating large chunks, after UND went up late. 

You need Clay Matvick and Gary Thorne. After Denver went up by 6 yesterday there where more people watching the Sioux game at guest services right behind the ESPN crew. You could see Clay still into the game and hear him not make the stupid clichés. (Oh by the way Clay still uses a blackberry.)

• Upvote 2

Lot's of very complimentary words about UND from the Michigan Wolverines, Red Berenson, and the Michigan press about the UND team and their victory.  Clearly the best team Michigan has played all year.  Amazing stat is that UND's 3rd and 4th lines outshot the Michigan 3rd and 4th lines 13 - 1.

Even though the score didn't reflect it until late, UND had a dominating performance.  I did not expect the Michigan goalie to perform as well as he did.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

Did anyone else think that Keaton Thompson looked good this weekend. He has had me nervous all season but I felt he played one hell of a weekend. 

Did you read the message board last night? People wanted 4 and 28 off the ice. Keaton kinda gave the puck away to a Michigan guy right in front of Cam too but Cam covered it.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Melrose will definitely rave about us. Buccigross will in the semi but if we play Boston he'll man crush on their draft picks and forget about ours.

When Cohen announced their starting lineup of TJ Compher and Alex Motte it was clear what to expect.

Melrose will rave about us and Bucci will man crush on BC? Definitely got that flipped. Bucci knows the college game way more than Melrose and is consistently talking about us Twitter. Melrose could have very well been delivering felatio to Alex Tuch and Jerry York during the NE regional with weekend.

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Melrose will rave about us and Bucci will man crush on BC? Definitely got that flipped. Bucci knows the college game way more than Melrose and is consistently talking about us Twitter. Melrose could have very well been delivering felatio to Alex Tuch and Jerry York during the NE regional with weekend.

I've heard Melrose rave about UND years ago, but you can see why they would be cautious, with all the times we've failed to deliver, compared to BC.   At this point, BC deserves the respect their program gets.   We can change that storyline in Tampa, but up to now there is no dispute about who has the cred. 

10 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Now that's one sexual verb-object combination I've never heard, and I figured I'd used just about all of them.  Come hither, wench, and deliver upon me fellatio. :) 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, burd said:

I've heard Melrose rave about UND years ago, but you can see why they would be cautious, with all the times we've failed to deliver, compared to BC.   At this point, BC deserves the respect their program gets.   We can change that storyline in Tampa, but up to now there is no dispute about who has the cred. 

It's not a lack of respect, it's a lack of preparation. It's clear as day that Melrose doesn't do his homework before the tournament and relies on what he's heard of on the east coast.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

Friday night; Buccigross; "I've been watching Denver all year, I think they are the team that could win their region". Mullet: (incrediously)" You think they can beat BU?" They have to drag Melrose out of a bar every year to do the NCAA's. It is the first college hockey he has watched all year.

EXACTLY.

38 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Melrose always picks UND to go distance when they ask for the expert picks.  Buccigross panders to our fanbase on Twitter but come game time shows his eastern bias.  The enthusiasm for Tuch was certainly over the top, but didn't match the Buccigross vocal inflections every time he said Eichel last year.

48 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

It's not a lack of respect, it's a lack of preparation. It's clear as day that Melrose doesn't do his homework before the tournament and relies on what he's heard of on the east coast.

That's different, and you are probably right.  I think hockey fans see a lack of preparation in general, with both play-by-play and color guys.   Tim H is not perfect, but we and visiting teams' fans are spoiled by his knowledge and preparation. 

Melrose knows the game. Buccigross notices the penalty being called, and waits for Barry to say what it was.  He's usually spot on.  I could be giving Melrose the benefit of the doubt though. Can't stand Bucci for color, but I appreciate his enthusiasm for the niche he carved out for himself.  Has a good grasp on social media and tacky phrases those dang kids use these days.

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

Poganski was the best player on the ice yeaterday. Poolman second. Those two were game changers. Connor wanted nothing to do with them.

Do you remember the last time we had this combination of talent on the blue line and both grit and top-end skill up front?