SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

18 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

He doesn't have the gawdy numbers but I honestly don't know if I'd trade him for any other dman in the country.

Not a single one. The other option woulda been Werinski for me, but I think that discussion ended quickly on Saturday, IMO.

• Upvote 2

I swear, some of the folks on this board just kill me...

If Alexander Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, and Claude Giroux were wearing Michigan uniforms last weekend, there would STILL be people here saying either A) they didn't even notice them out on the ice or B) those three players would develop better if they were wearing North Dakota jerseys. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Fetch said:

In fact I still couldn't tell u their names or anything about them - who did they play for again ? I should look this up - could be a amazing trivia question someday 

tumblr_mev0ij1M8t1rkzieto1_500.gif

Compher:  2 goals, 1 assist in 2 regional games.

Motte:  1 goal, 1 assist in 2 regional games.

Connor:  2 assists in 2 regional games.  

Motte's OT game-winner against Notre Dame was assisted by Compher and Connor.  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

If Alexander Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, and Claude Giroux were wearing Michigan uniforms last weekend, there would STILL be people here saying either A) they didn't even notice them out on the ice or B) those three players would develop better if they were wearing North Dakota jerseys. 

Yes, but would those 3 go -7?

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I always say Crosby would be a better player if he played for Hak... But I kid... Mostly :D

10 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

On all +/- remember there are dmen with coverage and a goalie out there too...

To state that the CCM line is not high-end is simply ignorant.  Those guys are skilled.  So are our guys...we won the game.

While that's true, I think my biggest problem is that all season long these guys were made to essentially be hockey gods. Then they put all three of them as Hobey finalists. While yes, they are offensively talented, they are lazy defensive players. 

• Upvote 1

On March 30, 2016 at 10:09 AM, geaux_sioux said:

I wouldn't touch Connor. I he didn't fight for the puck when he was knocked off of it. He's just not a competitor like Compher was. All of our guys fight like mad for the puck. I'd rather have Simo than Connor. He's tough and sets a tone.

Simonson over Connor. Connor scored 35 goals as a freshman, simonson scored 3 as a sophomore. As far as a goal scorer simo is not. I like having his speed on the team but he is definitely not a tough tone setter imo. He's just not big enough and gets knocked down to easy. He does like to shove after the whistle though:)

3 minutes ago, Mhockey said:

Simonson over Connor. Connor scored 35 goals as a freshman, simonson scored 3 as a sophomore. As far as a goal scorer simo is not. I like having his speed on the team but he is definitely not a tough tone setter imo. He's just not big enough and gets knocked down to easy. He does like to shove after the whistle though:)

Sets a tone as in he's going to go balls out every shift and be a real pain in the ass to play against. That's a contagious thing.

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Who is Sidney Crosby?

Is he that guy in the NHL that cries all the time?

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Sets a tone as in he's going to go balls out every shift and be a real pain in the ass to play against. That's a contagious thing.

Agreed, I think the Simo line brings an edge and when the team needs a lift they seem to ignite it.  There forechecking this past weekend was relentless.

• 6 months later...