SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Michigan - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

31 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I wouldn't touch Connor. I he didn't fight for the puck when he was knocked off of it. He's just not a competitor like Compher was. All of our guys fight like mad for the puck. I'd rather have Simo than Connor. He's tough and sets a tone.

Wow.  The bias on this board can be alarming.  Some of you sound like the NDSPoo fans saying they could have beat Bama last year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, snova4 said:

Sorry, I can't get rid of the quote box above, if it shows up after I post this. The 71 points that Connor scored this year is impressive, but Michigan only played 5 games against teams that made the tournament. 1 against Ferris, 2 against BU I believe, and 2 against RIT. That isn't exactly facing the top competition in the country.

So he would've only scored 40 or 50 points?... and we wouldn't want him on our team?

My glasses are tinted as green as the biggest Sioux fans but saying we wouldn't want one of the most dynamic players in the country is asinine.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

So he would've only scored 40 or 50 points?... and we wouldn't want him on our team?

My glasses are tinted as green as the biggest Sioux fans but saying we wouldn't want one of the most dynamic players in the country is asinine.

I wasn't the one that said I wouldn't take him on the team, obviously he's very good. What irritates me to no end is the fact that Michigan has supposedly 3 of the best 10 players in college hockey on one line, when it should be obvious that the competition, or lack thereof, evidently wasn't taken into consideration. That lines numbers are extremely inflated due to the fact they play in the Big, and then beyond that faced almost noone in out of conference scheduling. Two of the teams that did make the tournament, of the 3 they played, needed to win a conference tournament to make it. I believe, they would have put up similar stats, maybe a little less, than the CBS line in the NCHC. Still very, very good, but not three Hobey candidate good.

• Upvote 2

Just now, snova4 said:

I wasn't the one that said I wouldn't take him on the team, obviously he's very good. What irritates me to no end is the fact that Michigan has supposedly 3 of the best 10 players in college hockey on one line, when it should be obvious that the competition, or lack thereof, evidently wasn't taken into consideration. That lines numbers are extremely inflated due to the fact they play in the Big, and then beyond that faced almost noone in out of conference scheduling. Two of the teams that did make the tournament, of the 3 they played, needed to win a conference tournament to make it. I believe, they would have put up similar stats, maybe a little less, than the CBS line in the NCHC. Still very, very good, but not three Hobey candidate good.

Similar points maybe, but their plus/minus would've been single digits.

• Upvote 2

Just now, snova4 said:

Yeah my response wasn't necessarily directed towards you.

I agree with everything you said. I thought it was a joke that all 3 of them were named as Hobey finalists. I can think of some guys on our team that are right up there with them and we showed that this weekend. IMO I'll take CBS over CCM any day of the week.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Wow.  The bias on this board can be alarming.  Some of you sound like the NDSPoo fans saying they could have beat Bama last year.

I'm basing my opinion on watching him play. I was impressed with his skill but nothing else. He played with one foot out the door it seemed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

I'm basing my opinion on watching him play. I was impressed with his skill but nothing else. He played with one foot out the door it seemed.

I watched Mich. play 5-6 times this year.  That game against UND was one of their worst games.  Those boys are very good.  They will most likely all play in the NHL.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Lol I mean, we shut them down, but were you not watching during both of their goals? Hahaha.

Lots of guys score lucky goals - I didn't overly hear the Hobey connection watching the game 

The Hobey is OK I guess but since Duncan & his correct quote I don't think it's really a big deal

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I watched Mich. play 5-6 times this year.  That game against UND was one of their worst games.  Those boys are very good.  They will most likely all play in the NHL.

I watched them 3 times. Connor has amazing skill with the puck and can really fly but he just doesn't work for it. Not my type of player. Compher as I said before could fit on our team. 

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Probably less to do with how they played, and more to do with their competition in the game.;)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think it is safe to say that if you put the CCM line into North Dakota's program, they would learn how to be effective in all three zones (and on the PP and PK) and would get better playing against a brutal NCHC schedule.

Brutal describes Western Michigan and Colorado College this season to a T.  Even the SEC has patsies in football.

13 hours ago, Fetch said:

Lots of guys score lucky goals - I didn't overly hear the Hobey connection watching the game 

The Hobey is OK I guess but since Duncan & his correct quote I don't think it's really a big deal

Stecher s/b a Hobey finalist.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Fetch said:

Fair, but you said you barely noticed them and that's silly. They draw attention.

19 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Connor definitely will, Compher, maybe/probably. Motte? I don't think he will.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Connor definitely will, Compher, maybe/probably. Motte? I don't think he will.

Motte should get a crack.  If Andrew Copp got a shot Motte will.

Edit: He is a 4th rounder and plays well defensively however I didn't realize he was only 5'9". I'll back off my statement a bit.  He did play for the U20 team two years ago....I'll say he plays in more than 5 NHL games in his career.

12 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Motte should get a crack.  If Andrew Copp got a shot Motte will.

Edit: He is a 4th rounder and plays well defensively however I didn't realize he was only 5'9". I'll back off my statement a bit.  He did play for the U20 team two years ago....I'll say he plays in more than 5 NHL games in his career.

5'9" is exactly what I was thinking.