SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus Atmosphere

GeauxSioux

The Alerus is in some need of some atmosphere.  The REA plays Chelsea Dagger for every goal.  The longer that has gone on, the more people have gotten into it.

I thought football could use something along the same lines.  How about...

Lyrics...

Gimme Some Lovin'

By The Spencer Davis Group, Spencer Davis, Steve Winwood

Well, my temperature is rising, got my feet on the floor
Crazy people rocking 'cause they want to some more
Let me in baby, I don't know what you got
But you better take it easy 'cause this place is hot

And I'm so glad you made it, so glad you made it
You got to gimme some lovin', gimme, gimme some lovin'
Gimme some lovin', gimme, gimme some lovin'
Gimme some lovin' everyday

Well, I feel so good, everything's getting high
You better take it easy 'cause the place is on fire
Been a hard day and I had no work to do
Wait a minute baby, let it happen to you

And I'm so glad we made it, so glad we made it
You got to gimme some lovin', gimme, gimme some lovin'
Gimme some lovin' everyday, yeh

Well, I feel so good, everything's getting high
You better take it easy 'cause the place is on fire
Been a hard day nothing went too good
Now I'm gonna relax, buddy everybody should

And I'm so glad we made it, hey hey, so glad we made it
You got to gimme some lovin', gimme, gimme some lovin' woo ooo

Gimme, gimme, gimme some of your lovin', baby
You know I need it so bad woo ooo
Gimme some of your lovin', baby

Any other suggestions, music or otherwise?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Also, since the football players are going to men's basketball games and supporting UND athletcs, there better be a good amount of students at their games 

I've seen basketball players at just about every football game I can think of. They just don't have the numbers to make the difference. The women's basketball team is always there in the front row too. I've seen hockey players too but not as often. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I've seen basketball players at just about every football game I can think of. They just don't have the numbers to make the difference. The women's basketball team is always there in the front row too. I've seen hockey players too but not as often. 

I also was referring to the other students not just student athletes, I didn't make that clear though.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

The Alerus is in some need of some atmosphere.  The REA plays Chelsea Dagger for every goal.  The longer that has gone on, the more people have gotten into it.

I thought football could use something along the same lines.  How about...

Lyrics...

Any other suggestions, music or otherwise?

I agree with this (maybe even this exact song). Build some tradition; find a song and stick with it for every UND TD. Also, continue investing in fireworks; they were a nice touch, I thought. 

• Upvote 1

I like the song too.  I think they could start with that for the pregame video and transition to a more upbeat song (welcome to the jungle?).

Still think Chelsea Dagger should be the touchdown song - make it more of a UND thing than hockey only.  Everybody loves pumping their arms at the hockey games, and hockey fans should be the target market for the football marketing people.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Still think Chelsea Dagger should be the touchdown song - make it more of a UND thing than hockey only.  Everybody loves pumping their arms at the hockey games, and hockey fans should be the target market for the football marketing people.

I had the same thought.

Lights need to be out for intro, Welcome to the jungle for intro music

3rd down music should stay the  usual hells bells and crazy train

I also think there needs to be a song after they score a touchdown, also like somebody mentioned already the fireworks worked well and I hope they continue to do that

Along those lines I also think there should be a song played towards the very end of the game if the game is in hand.....or at the end of the game, one of those songs that makes you want to sing.  I'm not a Carolina fan but I think I saw this year at the end of the game they play Sweet Caroline........it's almost impossible not to go Bah Bah Bah when that one part comes up.  Play a song at the end of a winning game that becomes a tradition that fans and students look forward to hearing and singing after a win......to try and help build some more reason for students and fans to stay until the very end of the game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Along those lines I also think there should be a song played towards the very end of the game if the game is in hand.....or at the end of the game, one of those songs that makes you want to sing.  I'm not a Carolina fan but I think I saw this year at the end of the game they play Sweet Caroline........it's almost impossible not to go Bah Bah Bah when that one part comes up.  Play a song at the end of a winning game that becomes a tradition that fans and students look forward to hearing and singing after a win......to try and help build some more reason for students and fans to stay until the very end of the game. 

How about having the football team come over to the students and sing the school song?  I'd rather they do that then give the high five to fans.  Or better yet, sing the school song then do the high five line.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Lights off for intro. Hands down.

They have no excuse considering they had the lights off every season before last. 

Absolutely.  Many times last year while even standing on the catwalk I missed the intro, only to turn around as the players were near the sidelines.  Frustrating!  

I would love for the student side to  be general admission. I have designated seats but will not sit there as I have gotten into to much trouble standing and cheering. Catwalk it is.  How great would it be to get that collective group or groups of friends that love to cheer and not be worried by the next chair person being irritate.  Old memorial east section was genrral admission and was a blast 

• Upvote 3

I totally agree on the Chelsea Dagger thing. 

From the not done very often department, I have a couple ideas for the pre-game song. Black Sabbath - War Pigs or Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief. They don't have a distinctive boom transition part of the song, but with the fireworks, you can manufacture that in if you time it right. I don't know of anyone who does those songs, and they are BA (bachelor of arts).

More music in general. Kids and adults both appreciate music at sporting events because they're general atmosphere setters (see NDSU football, UM football, Vikings football, etc.). UND and the Alerus Center need to be aware of the need to "ripen up" the mood a bit, so they need to play more music pregame and during the game. 

I love the idea of ESTABLISHING a single TD song that can be used over and over again. It just has to be a good song. Just like how the "atmosphere setting" songs need to be workable and the intro needs to be correctly orchestrated (light off, buildup music on). 

UND and Alerus Center need to turn UND football into an enticing event for all ages. College football is the most popular college sport in America for a reason; unleash the potential!

11 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

More music in general. Kids and adults both appreciate music at sporting events because they're general atmosphere setters (see NDSU football, UM football, Vikings football, etc.). UND and the Alerus Center need to be aware of the need to "ripen up" the mood a bit, so they need to play more music pregame and during the game. 

I love the idea of ESTABLISHING a single TD song that can be used over and over again. It just has to be a good song. Just like how the "atmosphere setting" songs need to be workable and the intro needs to be correctly orchestrated (light off, buildup music on). 

UND and Alerus Center need to turn UND football into an enticing event for all ages. College football is the most popular college sport in America for a reason; unleash the potential!

How about the band playing Stand Up and Cheer. Whats the point of the band if we are constantly playing music. We only hear the band before the game, and at halftime. During the game its drowned out with the music over the PA. I love the UND band and especially the song Stand Up and Cheer. I grew up listening to that at Memorial Stadium, Hyslop and Winter Sports Center, now you don't know they are there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1