SiouxSports.com Forum

National Signing Day

Hambone

13 minutes ago, Momster said:

Prukop was an awesome player and kid. 

Definitely an awesome player, and will be fun to watch this year. I think the comment was more in regards to his very interesting/questionable post game interview in Grand Forks this year.

Regardless, very much looking forward to seeing how he does this season.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

My guess is a friendly comment about Schleusner's huge broken tackle in 2001 natl champ game. 

That was my take too. And huge is an understatement.. basically giving Jed a chip shot into the endzone for the game winning TD!

12 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

Maybe so, but did you see his rant during the post game presser after the game against us? 

It was embarrassing and I was rooting against him.

Lets not forget that these are kids, and while they represent their schools and should always be professional, they are subject to those types of moments, just like the rest of us.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Lets not forget that these are kids, and while they represent their schools and should always be professional, they are subject to those types of moments, just like the rest of us.

I thought he came from an understandable perspective: the offense had been killing it all year, and the defense had been porous at best. To be damn-near an all-American at a key position and not be able to affect change in the outcome of games is probably frustrating.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Definitely an awesome player, and will be fun to watch this year. I think the comment was more in regards to his very interesting/questionable post game interview in Grand Forks this year.

Regardless, very much looking forward to seeing how he does this season.

Good lesson for all of these kids. Def think many of these kids speak out of frustration. When I think of being 18-23 and having to give some kind of comment publicly after playing in an intense sporting event, it is a wonder it doesn't happen more often and much worse.  What you say out loud, photograph, every mistake on and off the field or every act that can be seen doing can and will be taken out context, will follow you these days.  You see it on twitter, facebook and youtube every day.  I always sort of wonder on the interview side what kind of coaching the kids get on that front.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Momster said:

Good lesson for all of these kids. Def think many of these kids speak out of frustration. When I think of being 18-23 and having to give some kind of comment publicly after playing in an intense sporting event, it is a wonder it doesn't happen more often and much worse.  What you say out loud, photograph, every mistake on and off the field or every act that can be seen doing can and will be taken out context, will follow you these days.  You see it on twitter, facebook and youtube every day.  I always sort of wonder on the interview side what kind of coaching the kids get on that front.

BTW, who did your son end up signing with?

1 hour ago, ClassB said:

related but not having to do with recruits -- someone on the insider chat mentioned specifically that we went head-to-head with I assume one of Schmidt's old teammates (schleusner with sdsu now). Schmidt mentioned that schleusner only broke one tackle while at UND -- what was he getting at?

Schmitty and Schleusner are buddies......Schmitty was joking about Luke's broken tackle on the 4th and 6 to win the National Championship.  (as southpaw mentioned)  I'm sure they are talking about Cloyd as Scheusner is the TE coach for the Jacks, and he might be head of recruiting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I agree. I thank God that the internet didn't exist when I was that age...

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Schmitty and Schleusner are buddies......Schmitty was joking about Luke's broken tackle on the 4th and 6 to win the National Championship.  (as southpaw mentioned)  I'm sure they are talking about Cloyd as Scheusner is the TE coach for the Jacks, and he might be head of recruiting.

Schmidt's been busting on "Saint" Luke for "one career broken tackle" for a decade and a half. :D

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Schmidt's been busting on "Saint" Luke for "one career broken tackle" for a decade and a half. :D

Yes, and when a player isn't playing up to his potential, 'He needs to see the Wizard' (to find a heart)   -e. schmidt

Hey, this looks to be a solid group of guys and it's great that we are going back to WI again.   Definitely some high impact players, I only wish we would have gone after a high end QB.   I'm not convinced a walk on is going to get us to the next level.   At some point we need to get someone that's really over the top.   As I've said before, teams live and die with the quality of the QB, and I'm worried about the drop off after Studsrud.

• Upvote 1