SiouxSports.com Forum

National Signing Day

Hambone

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Notice it listed Jake Geier as a Safety... Thought he was projected as a LB on here & other sites?

When I 1st heard safety I rewatched his hudl.  It makes sense to me at 6'2", 202 lbs., 4.49 forty, 37" vert., pretty good bench and squat, this kid could be in the 2 deep at safety this year.  Most of his highlights are at WR and RB in the wildcat. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, jdub27 said:

Russo was in earlier and Cloyd was just announced.  Down to Turner and Randolph

Great!  Thanks.. missed Russo, or I got him mixed up with Tobin somehow.

Coach Freund mentioned that they are expecting 4 PWOs.... does that indicate that maybe Devan Hunt might not be coming and may have taken the Valpo offer?

Really hope all these kids plan to be on campus for the summer. That is a critical time to get acclimated to college and the team, before camp hits. Also makes a difference for getting these guys in the weight room. You work out on your own, thats good. You lift with you teammates their to push you and hold you accountable, thats great.

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Coach Freund mentioned that spring ball will be starting in March early March this year.  About a month earlier.  Give an extra month of summer lifting/conditioning.  I think that is a great change that will benefit the program.  

God bless the HPC!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Coach Freund mentioned that spring ball will be starting in March early March this year.  About a month earlier.  Give an extra month of summer lifting/conditioning.  I think that is a great change that will benefit the program.  

Did he say it would give them an extra month of summer lifting/conditioning?  When I was there during the transition and we moved up to D1 there was an extended period of time(a week or so) that we couldn't work with the strength staff in organized workouts due to contact time restrictions.  The only thing moving spring ball up would do is give them some extra time to work out before school lets out, but that time off after school lets out would still be there due to NCAA regulations.

4 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

If we've got 17 in and are expecting 4 PWO's, who are we still missing of the 24-25 expected?

I believe they are all in.  Murray & T. Hunt signed earlier being they were a Juco transfer  & prep school transfer.

Just waiting on PWOs in Marler & Rastas.

14 minutes ago, Player21 said:

Did he say it would give them an extra month of summer lifting/conditioning?  When I was there during the transition and we moved up to D1 there was an extended period of time(a week or so) that we couldn't work with the strength staff in organized workouts due to contact time restrictions.  The only thing moving spring ball up would do is give them some extra time to work out before school lets out, but that time off after school lets out would still be there due to NCAA regulations.

Its the NCAA so anything is possible but you are essentially flopping time you would be spending with the staff lifting with practice time and vice versa.  There may still be a two week period but the additional month to condition and heal any injuries from spring ball is a benefit.