SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Fighting Hawks vs. CC Tigers

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, burd said:

Seems like it should be quicker for hockey players, since they don't have to raise their arms above their shoulders very often and can strap that arm down a little closer. 

That is an uneducated, unqualified observation, needless to say.    

No...the injury sucks for hockey players.  If that's what Caggs has, he needs to rest and come back when he is a solid 100%.  I haven't heard anything on him yet.  I'm guessing something will come out today.

10 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

No...the injury sucks for hockey players.  If that's what Caggs has, he needs to rest and come back when he is a solid 100%.  I haven't heard anything on him yet.  I'm guessing something will come out today.

Yes I agree. I separated mine during my playing days and tried to come back after a week and got checked from behind and was out for a couple weeks after that. Even though the shoulder felt fine I was very hesitant to make any contact thinking I would reinjure it again. Not much fun.

3 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Yes I agree. I separated mine during my playing days and tried to come back after a week and got checked from behind and was out for a couple weeks after that. Even though the shoulder felt fine I was very hesitant to make any contact thinking I would reinjure it again. Not much fun.

Separated mine too and you have a tough time trusting it. I tried to golf a week after it happened and could never trust my follow through worrying about it popping on me. Still pops from time to time if I really go after one.

That being said, I would think it would be really difficult to trust it playing hockey. The way Caggiula plays it would be especially noticeable.

On 1/18/2016 at 4:20 PM, keikla said:

Obviously, Drake being healthy and playing is the ideal option, but I think Gersich looked good up on that line after Drake went out.  It's almost as if there was an extra level of effort on his part in order to play on par with Boeser and Schmaltz.

I think there are several who would get a boost in confidence playing on this line

On 1/18/2016 at 4:39 PM, 808287 said:

Keep the foot on the gas for the full 120 minutes and blow them out of the zamboni doors. 

This is NOT the time to sit back and think you have six points in hand.  Go get 'em!

I have a tough time believing that UND, or any team in this league, for that matter, ever thinks that 6 points are going to come easy. 

One quality of this team that I've noticed throughout this season is the ability to come out hard and play with pace to start every game and even each individual period. While chemistry might not be at the top level right away in each, this team has rarely come out slowly at puck drop. Is this really concern to anyone?

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I have a tough time believing that UND, or any team in this league, for that matter, ever thinks that 6 points are going to come easy. 

One quality of this team that I've noticed throughout this season is the ability to come out hard and play with pace to start every game and even each individual period. While chemistry might not be at the top level right away in each, this team has rarely come out slowly at puck drop. Is this really concern to anyone?

I didn't see it but I heard UND looked flat in the Friday game against Wisconsin.

38 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I didn't see it but I heard UND looked flat in the Friday game against Wisconsin.

I honestly thought we didn't play poorly in that game. Early on, Sconnie had more jump, but our effort level was there. Our execution was bad, however.

16 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yes, but stoneySIOUX did say rarely, NOT never.

Yup. I can't even think of more than maybe 2. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Cags listed as doubtful, per Schloss/Berry.

The fact that he is not "out" definitely indicates it is not a collarbone and probably a low grade shoulder.  My guess is he returns for DU.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The fact that he is not "out" definitely indicates it is not a collarbone and probably a low grade shoulder.  My guess is he returns for DU.

Agreed.  I have also broken my collarbone and the reaction after you injure it is completely different.  Had Caggs broken his collarbone we all would have known something was really wrong.  Unless his pain threshold is through the roof.  I believe he kept skating around for a bit after he hit the guy.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, we had a tough start to the year and I thought maybe we'd gotten that out of the way, and now all of this.   Well, if they aren't the kind to take too long to recover from, and they don't become nagging injuries AND we don't keep rolling up more injuries all should be ok by the most important part of the season.

A lot to ask