SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

8 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Apparently not.  

No firm would EVER throw a client under the bus. I'm assuming that SME's reps spun this about as positively as they could, and that UND was, for better or worse, simply AWOL at one or more critical junctures.  The cause was probably 99% budget and 1% hockey results, but that too is just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

I'm sorry...I still think it looks terrible....and I was really hoping for a great logo cuz I was just tired of the process and wanted to be done. It's a good thing we own enough Sioux jerseys to survive until the 2nd or 3rd generation Hawks stuff comes out from another company.  My grandkids will probably still be wearing Sioux jerseys. :)

Amen

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

I'm sorry...I still think it looks terrible....and I was really hoping for a great logo cuz I was just tired of the process and wanted to be done. It's a good thing we own enough Sioux jerseys to survive until the 2nd or 3rd generation Hawks stuff comes out from another company.  My grandkids will probably still be wearing Sioux jerseys. :)

Not by choice.  Kids are, by definition, not drawn to nostalgia.  Anybody here ever tried introducing their children to the cultural icons (sports, film, music, TV, etc.) of the past?  (And I mean the really, really good stuff that you SWEAR is so much better than today's crap.)  It is NOT an easy sell.

The only kids wearing this stuff in 10-20 years will be the descendants of hardcore faithful and neo-hipster-younglings trying to be ironic.  Most kids, of course, will have zero appreciation for it, other than trying to make mom and dad happy.  Before long, "Sioux" will be a memory...old fuzzy pictures on the walls and something the old folks like to talk about when hockey is on, but with little to no relevance to future generations.  Basically, "Flickertails."  Or the Brooklyn Dodgers.

UND will continue to have its legion fans, but we should all hope that the new ones aren't artificially manufactured and brainwashed to believe that it's Sioux or nothing.  Let them learn and love and learn to love UND on their own terms, and wear whatever they want.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like UND 

I LOVED Fighting Sioux Hockey bought lots of stuff

UND Hockey was OK but never bought ND or UND only stuff

Fighting Hawk Hockey I love but not as much as Fighting Sioux & don't plan on buying F H stuff

For me it was never about the University 1st & I bet most Season Tickets holders are not UND Graduates

It has always been about good Hockey &  (closest thing ND will ever have to pro sports) & now Fantastic facility 

41 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I like UND 

Fighting Hawk Hockey I love but not as much as Fighting Sioux & don't plan on buying F H stuff

For me it was never about the University 1st & I bet most Season Tickets holders are not UND Graduates

It has always been about good Hockey &  (closest thing ND will ever have to pro sports) & now Fantastic facility 

At the end you state "It has always been about good hockey...."

But at the beginning you say how your love for the hockey has changed with the nickname/merchandise/logo. 

If it has "always been about good hockey" to you I'm having a hard time understanding your position. The hockey hasn't actually changed even though the nickname has.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

I like UND 

I'd probably take that bet, but I'd mostly be genuinely curious to see the breakdown.

12 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

+1000

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

I like UND 

I don't follow this at all. Do we have a translator in the forum that could assist?

22 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

We got a sneak peak at some clothing with the new logo on it at media day.  I think it looks really good.  I really like the alternate logo with the black letters on the green background.  9 more days till the rest of us can get our hands on some new merch!

coat.JPG

shirt.JPG

I'm on record as not being a huge fan of this logo.  Not sure if it's the black letters but this doesn't look all bad. Better than I would have expected.