SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

5 hours ago, darell1976 said:

I do attend games and can't wait to cheer on the Fighting Hawks at the Alerus Center in 4 months. Do you know where the Alerus Center is?

Cute.

Found my way there 3 times last year and 4 times the year before. Hit every home hockey game except 1 this year and caught 5 basketball games as well.....did you have a point or just spouting mindless drivel again?

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Cute.

Found my way there 3 times last year and 4 times the year before. Hit every home hockey game except 1 this year and caught 5 basketball games as well.....did you have a point or just spouting mindless drivel again?

Mindless drivel thats what you spout when you say I don't attend games. I have been attending UND games since 1984 when my dad took me to my first one. Don't know what you are trying to get at. 

Just now, darell1976 said:

Mindless drivel thats what you spout when you say I don't attend game. I have been attending UND game since 1984 when my dad took me to my first one. Don't know what you are trying to get at. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Seems here doesn't come the merchandise.

I heard on the morning news today that SME is behind because UND officials have been focused on the budget and not able to communicate on this subject. Delay, delay. 

So they could not communicate because of the budget?  LOLOLOL.  ok.  

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

So they could not communicate because of the budget?  LOLOLOL.  ok.  

Not because of, but because their work focus was the budget. Subtle difference. But, I've had to work on two important things at once. These folks can't as well? 

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Not because of, but because their work focus was the budget. Subtle difference. But, I've had to work on two important things at once. These folks can't as well? 

I've heard the opposite.

Looks like the end of the month we will have a logo, though it will be a slow roll out.  The athletic dept has their part done.

" Conor O'Flaherty of the design company, SME, says the work has been delayed several weeks because university leaders had to concentrate on budget cuts ordered by Govenror Dalrymple. "

How does that delay them several weeks?  Design a logo.  That's it. You don't need to be contacting these people all that often (if at all).

The biggest mistake UND can do in ragards to a rollout of the new logo is to do it slow and half assed.  They need to absulutely flood the market with the name and logo.  Much like what happened in 2001 when the Brien logo came out.  After a week, there shouldn't be anyone wondering what the new logo looks like.  You can either to a slow rollout and sorta kinda release a logo around campus and to the athletic teams and hope not to offend those pesky Sioux forever folks, or you can fully embrace it and own and and get it out there for everyone to see.  The later is going to be the most beneficial long term for UND.  Get the merchandise out on everything.  Get the logo up all over campus, in the Alerus, HPC, and yes...even the Ralph!!  I only hope UND has the same idea.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

The biggest mistake UND can do in ragards to a rollout of the new logo is to do it slow and half assed.  They need to absulutely flood the market with the name and logo.  Much like what happened in 2001 when the Brien logo came out.  After a week, there shouldn't be anyone wondering what the new logo looks like.  You can either to a slow rollout and sorta kinda release a logo around campus and to the athletic teams and hope not to offend those pesky Sioux forever folks, or you can fully embrace it and own and and get it out there for everyone to see.  The later is going to be the most beneficial long term for UND.  Get the merchandise out on everything.  Get the logo up all over campus, in the Alerus, HPC, and yes...even the Ralph!!  I only hope UND has the same idea.

The problem you will run into is who is going to pay for this merchandise? We are in the business of making it and selling it to retail so I guess we will see how confident the retailers like Scheels, The Ralph, and others are in this merchandise moving and how much they will buy initially?

47 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I agree, when you see every retail store from Scheels to Target selling the new logo not only in Grand Forks but in Fargo, Bismarck, Crookston and everywhere in between more people will embrase it and it will become more of a household name every year its all over the place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The real story is probably: "OK Stop designing the logo. UND seems to be running low on money and cutting everything. We better double check to see if they want us to go forward (aka if they'll still pay at the end)." ......knowing some history of UND officials of "too busy, didn't notice" two weeks later they finally get back to SME saying: "Yeah everything is still on as planned."

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

If only that damn hockey team hadn't won a championship, we'd have a new logo out in time!  :silly:

More like if there was no cooling off period, and a bogus state law we would be roughly 5 years into a new name and logo, and this forum would be a lot more quiet.

6 hours ago, George M. Bluth said:

" Conor O'Flaherty of the design company, SME, says the work has been delayed several weeks because university leaders had to concentrate on budget cuts ordered by Govenror Dalrymple. "

How does that delay them several weeks?  Design a logo.  That's it. You don't need to be contacting these people all that often (if at all).

For some reason the name Conor O'Flaherty doesn't exude competence in my opinion.  Yeah that's right; I'm a namist. 

Getting a little nervous SME is going to result in a lot of SMH. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

For some reason the name Conor O'Flaherty doesn't exude competence in my opinion.  Yeah that's right; I'm a namist. 

Getting a little nervous SME is going to result in a lot of SMH. 

hey und look at this logo concept....hey sme fewer feathers...hey und how about this one...hey sme fewer feathers...hey und what about this one................

27 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

More like if there was no cooking off period, and a bogus state law we would be roughly 5 years into a new name and logo, and this forum would be a lot more quiet.

I guess that depends on if there was homemade chili and some pumpkin pie served at this cooking off period.  That probably would have delayed things as well.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, George M. Bluth said:

You've been involved with a lot of logo and graphic creation for companies?  It's obvious you have no idea what a normal process is like. There is constant communication. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

You've been involved with a lot of logo and graphic creation for companies?  It's obvious you have no idea what a normal process is like. There is constant communication. 

Apparently not.  

• Upvote 1