SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

we have the talent, change the scheme.

The same scheme that shut down Northern Colorado and Cal Poly? The same scheme that shut down Portland State?

Yes, the schemes should continue to evolve, but the players win it. The secondary improved as the season went on, and having Reyes back healthy is critical. 

Whoa whoa whoa. Not a Faison fan but this is not on him. Idaho State loss and just some bad luck. 6 MVFC teams and if I'm right 3 Big Sky teams? I don't know a lot of different things happened this morning that left UND out but Faison wasn't one of them. 

The same scheme that shut down Northern Colorado and Cal Poly? The same scheme that shut down Portland State?

Yes, the schemes should continue to evolve, but the players win it. The secondary improved as the season went on, and having Reyes back healthy is critical. 

i am talking about pass coverage scheme when teams decide they want to air it out. Go nickle or dime package and mix man with zone.

i am talking about pass coverage scheme when teams decide they want to air it out. Go nickle or dime package and mix man with zone.

We didn't have the personel to do that this year. Maybe at the end when the CBs seemed to get their !@#$ together. Next year I predict our secondary will be a strength. Book it.

That NDSU game was very important for the growth of this team. I couldn't disagree more with you. That loss did not keep us out. That three game stretch of Bartels kept us out.

my opinion is 7 wins, and we were kept out.  8 wins and we wouldn't be having this conversation on why we were left out.  I'm not close to the team so can't comment on the intangibles regarding ndsu.  But the collapses in Weber and ISU still happened despite whatever growth happened at ndsu.  Bartels didn't play D in those games.....would've been nice if Arnell could have.   

• Upvote 1

my opinion is 7 wins, and we were kept out.  8 wins and we wouldn't be having this conversation on why we were left out.  I'm not close to the team so can't comment on the intangibles regarding ndsu.  But the collapses in Weber and ISU still happened despite whatever growth happened at ndsu.  Bartels didn't play D in those games.....would've been nice if Arnell could have.   

So a loss to the best team in the country at the time is worse than two losses, one to a team that only beat 1 D1 team this year and the other to a very average team? No, just stop. 

does any of thos teams have a bebetter win than our vs PSU? I don't buy WIU over SDSU

I'm not making the argument that you guys don't deserve to be in, because I thought UND deserved a berth. But to say your win over PSU is better than WIU over SDSU is false in my book.

The biggest thing that I took out of this year is the growth of our QB and RB. Keaton grew up before our eyes the last 3 weeks, he was very accurate hitting the open man, was able to connect on the deep ball, and was able to limit the mistakes. I have been very hard on him the last year but the kid grew up in a big way. As for the running back situation, we have Brady and Santiago for 3 more years, enough said. We do have a few losses, but we have the depth now to where I feel comfortable replacing guys, next year can't come fast enough!

Edited by Csonked Out
  • Upvote 3