SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

I am shocked as well.

The UNI athletic director is the MVFC representative and I'm not sure who represents the Big Sky, but both did a poor job advocating on behalf of the teams in their conference. 

I think the committee should seed all 24 teams, the regionalization is BS as well.

We got F'hawked!

That's what happens when you crap the bed 2 weeks in a row mid season.  Depth killed this team for a postseason run.  Bubba will get us their next year.  At least they ended the season on a high note!

have to get better at defending the pass, need our corners to grow up or replace.  Our pass defense was still a glaring weakness, look at all the losses, it was from passing.  Reyes is a stud tackler, needs to improve in the pass game.  We still have a glaring weakness at free safety and need more depth in the secondary to have a competent nickel package.

• Upvote 1

I hope this team DESTROYS USD of the almighty MVFC next year. 

That game might look a lot like we remember the Alerus being in the good old days. A late first game at home (third game overall), traditional rival....might even be Potato Bowl weekend -- Alerus should be rocking!  No excuses. Just have to take care of Stoney Brook in Week 1 and be respectable against FBS Bowling Green in Week 2. And the table will be set!

Edited by Teeder11
  • Upvote 1

have to get better at defending the pass, need our corners to grow up or replace.  Our pass defense was still a glaring weakness, look at all the losses, it was from passing.  Reyes is a stud tackler, needs to improve in the pass game.  We still have a glaring weakness at free safety and need more depth in the secondary to have a competent nickel package.

our style of play is too passive. Its not a player thing, its a scheme thing. That bail technique is makes iy easy for WRs. corners prefer to play press coverage. Zone and prevent prevents you from winning.

I'm so disappointed for Bubba and staff.  Such an amazing turn around in two years.  Two years ago we were a couple days away from a search for a new coach on a poor football team.  The senior class play so hard and made this team into a playoff team team.  Unfortunately regionalization trumps FBS and DI wins.  The seniors a can be proud of this teams achievements and built up respect for UND.   this team is so young and will be motivated and will win the Big Sky next year and not be denied.

Are you guys serious right now? You're talking about schemes? UND won their last three games of the season in decisive fashion. They have what it takes right now!

und got screwed. No way around it. How is 6-5 better than 7-4? In this case, it isn't. Period.

I feel horrible for the senior class.

If I'm Bubba, I'm already scheming for next season. Do what the 2007 New England patriots did and Blow out every single opponent on the schedule. South Dakota from the Missouri Valley football conference should lose by 50 in the Alerus Center next season. 

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, PLAY THE 2016 SEASON FOR THIS YEAR'S SENIORS. GET THE BIG SKY CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2016!

• Upvote 4

It will be nice to be able to focus on fewer position groups this offseason when it comes to recruiting HS, JUCO ands FBS drop downs. SECONDARY, SECONDARY, SECONDARY!  -- and hope to get a healthy Arnell back with maybe a medical red shirt, if possible. 

I hope Faison is taking notes.  This is why for non conference you schedule two cream puffs and one FBS each year.    Accepting the ridiculously unfair deal with ndsu has now hurt in more ways than previously thought. 

And yes, I realize we should've taken care of ISU and Weber.  But reality is we didn't and we still held out hope for the playoffs.