SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

Naturally, I hope our guys make it. They are playing their best football of the year and I hope that counts for something.

I am wondering if the conference is nationally viewed positively enough to warrant 4 teams. That is a big issue I think.

But, I also like to "follow the money" and if UND really has tossed a hefty bid out there, that should impress the committee.

Whatever the result, the truth is this team needed to hold a 4th quarter lead in one of two games and it would be out of the committee's hands. That said, Bubba Ball is working and IF this staff has another recruiting class as good as this one appears to be, the program is going to contend for titles.

And not just Big Sky titles!

• Upvote 1

Naturally, I hope our guys make it. They are playing their best football of the year and I hope that counts for something.

I am wondering if the conference is nationally viewed positively enough to warrant 4 teams. That is a big issue I think.

But, I also like to "follow the money" and if UND really has tossed a hefty bid out there, that should impress the committee.

Whatever the result, the truth is this team needed to hold a 4th quarter lead in one of two games and it would be out of the committee's hands. That said, Bubba Ball is working and IF this staff has another recruiting class as good as this one appears to be, the program is going to contend for titles.

The committee looks at the best teams!  Name on the jersey sways a lot votes but it shouldn't matter the conference.  

If they don't get in this will be the main reason.  No blame needs to be placed anywhere else.

Can't disagree with what you've put together. Unfortunate that all 3 Dakota teams are in the same bracket, but it's what I would do if I was a neutral member of the committee and wanted to save money. 

Sounds too Division II to me to have all 3 Dakota teams in the same bracket just to save money...

I agree und is in but look at western Illinois resume. They didn't beat a fbs team but did beat uni and sdsu who are playoff teams in the best conference in fcs. Und beat Portland state and a soon to be 1-10 Wyoming but got handled by two playoff teams(NDSU/Montana). The 40+ points the last few games discussion is a joke. Who hasn't scored that on Msu?  Hope they make it as it would be great for the region. 

Pokes are already 1-10... UNLV will probably make them 1-11 to finish it out next Saturday.  

It's going to be tight, but I think UND gets in. 

This one sounds ideal! I would rather not have our path go through NDSU.

Why wouldn't you want your path to go through NDSU. You guys are playing the best football in the FCS right now.Personally, I believe Northern Arizona should get in before UND. Same conference record and quite frankly, their win over Stephen F. Austin is better than a win over Wyoming. UND played a weak schedule in a weak conference. UNA played more of the top teams in the conference. No way the BSC should get more teams in than the MVFC. UND does not go 5-3 in the MVFC this year.

• Downvote 5

That's my concern-that the committee will look at it through that prism of which CONFERENCE deserves X number of teams.

I disagree with your flat statement that UND does not go 5-3 in the MVFC. It would depend on who we played in the conference. Iowa is undefeated in the Big Ten. Iowa did not have to play Michigan, Michigan St and OSU.

Why wouldn't you want your path to go through NDSU. You guys are playing the best football in the FCS right now.Personally, I believe Northern Arizona should get in before UND. Same conference record and quite frankly, their win over Stephen F. Austin is better than a win over Wyoming. UND played a weak schedule in a weak conference. UNA played more of the top teams in the conference. No way the BSC should get more teams in than the MVFC. UND does not go 5-3 in the MVFC this year.

You are on the wrong board. Go cry to someone who cares.

You guys are playing the best football in the FCS right now.Personally, I believe Northern Arizona should get in before UND.

Contrdiction

That's my concern-that the committee will look at it through that prism of which CONFERENCE deserves X number of teams.

I disagree with your flat statement that UND does not go 5-3 in the MVFC. It would depend on who we played in the conference. Iowa is undefeated in the Big Ten. Iowa did not have to play Michigan, Michigan St and OSU.

It really looks bad when your conference champ loses 55-10 to a third place team in the MVFC.

Unfortunately for NAU - they only have 6 D-1 wins.  They have one win against a D-II team.  In the eyes of the committee the wins does count but not as much.  So, UND would be considered before NAU.

• Upvote 1

SFAustin was beat by Abilene.  Abilene was beat by N Colo yesterday.  UND destroyed Da bears.  try another angle.

why wouldn't you want your path to go through NDSU. You guys are playing the best football in the FCS right now.Personally, I believe Northern Arizona should get in before UND. Same conference record and quite frankly, their win over Stephen F. Austin is better than a win over Wyoming. UND played a weak schedule in a weak conference. UNA played more of the top teams in the conference. No way the BSC should get more teams in than the MVFC. UND does not go 5-3 in the MVFC this year.

Doesn't the almighty Sagarin have the Big Sky ranked as the number two conference? 

My projected bracket:

Dayton at Chatty vs 1. Jacksonville St
Duquesne at Fordham vs. 8. James Madison
New Hampshire at Montana vs. 4. Portland St
Eastern Illinois at UNI vs. 5. Illinois State
Colgate at William & Mary vs. 6. Richmond
UND at SDSU vs. 3. NDSU
Citadel at CCU vs. 7. Charleston Southern
Southern Utah at SHSU vs. 2. McNeese St

If UND gets in and South Dakota State isn't seeded, UND will likely be hosting SDSU. SDSU put in a minimal bid considering their alternate site for hosting.