SiouxSports.com Forum

Playoffs or bust

Nodak78

Well, if UND beats Cal Poly and has to play on the road against a school with a 6,000 seat capacity stadium, I'll be upset. 

No reason UND and Faison shouldn't expect at least 6,000 or 7,000 people (maybe more) for a first round playoff game.

With that said, outbidding UNI or SDSU would be tough but not impossible.  

Personally, I wouldn't be able to make it up to GF for a game anyway, but I would love to see them host. Especially the way we have been playing at home. This has been the most fun I've had watching UND football since I was at UND around 10 years ago.

Honestly, I'm about as pumped to watch football this Saturday (with playoff hopes), as I am with the hockey team heading into the Frozen Four. Really hope this kind of excitement is contagious among other fans. Especially those who live in the GF region. Need to fill those seats up.

• Upvote 1

Lakes is everywhere the internet is.

Seriously, what is the story on that guy. I understand supporting your team; but he seems more anti-UND than pro-bison. I've heard some sketchy stuff about him too on different forums. Seems like Wyonation and the Montana forums are pretty sick of him too. Pre-UND games he'll go tell them how soft UND is, then he'll tell them how bad they must be after UND beats them. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well, if UND beats Cal Poly and has to play on the road against a school with a 6,000 seat capacity stadium, I'll be upset. 

No reason UND and Faison shouldn't expect at least 6,000 or 7,000 people (maybe more) for a first round playoff game.

With that said, outbidding UNI or SDSU would be tough but not impossible.  

SDSU will be outbid because their stadium is closed for construction and they would have to host in Sioux Falls

NDSU does not want UNI in the same bracket as them and they would like UND to be physical with UNI.  That would be a tough match up.  Our defense sure looked good Saturday and Offense was really clicking.  I don't know much about UNI.  Midco has a replay of the UNI vs SDSU this week I play on recording just to see how they match up.

UNI has always been fun for me to watch. You never know if the bad one or the good one will show up though.

He should be able to gauge interest by all the home games this year.  I would say whatever we got last home game, add 1000 fans to that. 

I'd go the opposite way. Regular season games are tickets sold. Playoffs games are actual people through the door.  Add in Thanksgiving weekend and "short-notice", attendance will be down. Historically that is almost universally the trend through the FCS.

I'd go the opposite way. Regular season games are tickets sold. Playoffs games are actual people through the door.  Add in Thanksgiving weekend and "short-notice", attendance will be down. Historically that is almost universally the trend through the FCS.

yep. App State, Ga Southern, NDSU, etc. Pretty much no one gets good attendance I believe in that opening game.

UNI is tough!!!  Their offense is so so but their d creates headaches and the front 4 are as bad ass as there is the fcs!  Bad matchup for UND or for anyone for that matter.  UND has improved lately, and if given the chance to finally play in the postseason, I would prefer someone else.  But if indeed we are to play them, they need to be assignment strong the entire game and the hogs need to push like they never pushed before.   Now beat up the ponies this weekend!!!!

Did Santiago get hurt?  I only ask cause i didn't see him play after part way through the 2nd quarter.

after Oliveria got injured when we were up 35 Bubba started to rest some of the offense.  Santiago was one of them and sat from near the end of the second quarter on (minus two special teams plays). 

I would hope UND could win a bid if we're in. I have doubts that I will be able to make it though unfortunately. I have a benefit in DL to attend that day. I would hope there aren't as many instances like that though, so the Alerus could be packed. Students going home would make the expected attendance tough to gauge though.

I would hope UND could win a bid if we're in. I have doubts that I will be able to make it though unfortunately. I have a benefit in DL to attend that day. I would hope there aren't as many instances like that though, so the Alerus could be packed. Students going home would make the expected attendance tough to gauge though.

Yea all 150 of them will be missed. 

• Upvote 2

Well at least that big dude who likes to ham it up for the cameras will be missed.

that guy is awesome.  He had about 3 Northern Colorado players ready to jump into the bleachers last weekend.  Two of them had to be held back.  

UNC was nothing, the ISU game was when things got real.

He looks like a BIG farm boy, I'm sure he would hold his own and then some.

He will be wherever the game is if we make the playoffs. I've been sitting next to him every game since the first two (I had weddings to get to).