SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BC - Dec. 3rd 2016. Madison Square Garden

AZSIOUX

3 hours ago, hrkac said:

so after screwing around with it, to buy in 112 you need a certain type of credit card.  tickets are a joke these days.  ended up booking 9 of us in section 103. Boom!

Atta boy! Might as well sit with family. We sat in the middle of the Michigan section in Denver '08. It was brutal and we weren't even playing them. Rode us hard during the BC debacle. Go Blue still triggers PTSD.

• Upvote 1

In the lower bowl that's about 4,000 UND seats sold at about $75 average price per ticket for around 300k$ total income in a week of sales. I bet MSG is pretty amazed since the event is 8 month away!  Like someone on the Sioux blog typed last year, UND could play on the MOON and we'd get 1000 fans! We DO have the aeronautical school just need astronautics to get to the moon via vacuum?  Maybe MSG is inner space but outta this world! LOL. I R N ingin-ear. Keep the noggin sharp with mental (not dental) exercises.;-p

• 2 months later...
On April 19, 2016 at 9:03 AM, charliefunny said:

In the lower bowl that's about 4,000 UND seats sold at about $75 average price per ticket for around 300k$ total income in a week of sales. I bet MSG is pretty amazed since the event is 8 month away!  Like someone on the Sioux blog typed last year, UND could play on the MOON and we'd get 1000 fans! We DO have the aeronautical school just need astronautics to get to the moon via vacuum?  Maybe MSG is inner space but outta this world! LOL. I R N ingin-ear. Keep the noggin sharp with mental (not dental) exercises.;-p

How do you know it's 4000 UND fans, or are you just guessing?

• 4 weeks later...

Excuse me if I missed anything from previous posts, but will ask anyway.  Is there one airport among LGA, JFK or EWR that would favor the cheapest, easiest & shortest transfer to NYC Penn Station?  Newark seems to fit that bill but am wondering if other experienced fliers have an opinion?  At the moment, the fares from MSP among these three are the same.

Just now, krustyklown said:

Excuse me if I missed anything from previous posts, but will ask anyway.  Is there one airport among LGA, JFK or EWR that would favor the cheapest, easiest & shortest transfer to NYC Penn Station?  Newark seems to fit that bill but am wondering if other experienced fliers have an opinion?  At the moment, the fares from MSP among these three are the same.

During the years my daughter attended college in NYC she used both LGA and EWR but ended up using LGA the most, I think because of the public transportation.  She lived in upper side.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, krustyklown said:

We're going on a Disney cruise during "Jersey Week" and I asked people in my cruise group that question since the majority of them are from the NYC area. Everyone who replied said EWR was the way to go.

I wonder where they're gonna stick the students. When I bought them they said we'd get "assigned" a seat but we'd all be in a single section so we could move around. Rumor I heard was down low, hope that's right. 

Anyways, just gotta book a hotel now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Received this email from MSG this morning:

Dear 2016 College Hockey Showdown Ticket Holder:

Please be advised that the 2016 College Hockey Showdown hockey game originally scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, December 3, 2016 beginning at 8:00pm will now start at 7:30pm.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your continued patronage of Madison Square Garden.

Sincerely,
The Madison Square Garden Company

On 8/1/2016 at 11:26 AM, krustyklown said:

I would think JFK would be the easiest. You can take a train and not have to deal with any roads. 

On August 1, 2016 at 10:26 AM, krustyklown said:

22 hours ago, Fedorov said:

I would think JFK would be the easiest. You can take a train and not have to deal with any roads. 

I fly to NYC frequently.  Newark is a train ride away,, around $12.50.  You can come in from JFK via the Airtrain & Subway for $7.50 on the E train. To come in from LGA on public transportation you'll have to take a combination of buses and the subway, or a cab for about $35.  I'd choose Newark or JFK, depending on the airfare.

I booked everything back in February, but did some research into whether I should go through JFK or LGA, having totally forgotten EWR.  After doing the research, I ultimately chose EWR, and one of the main selling points was it seemed like to have the fewest delays, and wasn't much worse off than any of the others as far as getting into Manhattan.