SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

On 2/19/2016 at 10:24 PM, North Dakota said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but since there's draft talk here, is Will Ratelle or any other players going to NDSU's pro day or another workout?

I don't know, but I would be surprised if Ratelle wasn't at the ndsu pro day.  They've been good in the past about letting the neighboring schools prospects in on it.  Should be more scouts there this year with all the Wentz in the first round talk.  Nice avatar.  One of the better looking hawks I've seen

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

He is going to turn some heads if not only because dudes built like him shouldn't move or bend like he does.

He will likely put up the biggest lifting numbers and run as fast if a forty as the skill position guys at the FU pro day.  Not sure which skill guys will be there.  

I imagine we will have a couple olinemen there as well

3 hours ago, CMSioux said:

From what I have read on Pro Days it is not the host schools decision on who can attend. There us an Association that governs them.

According to NFPOST.COM. it is up to the host school to allow the other schools players to attend.

An interesting part of the pro days at the major schools is that there may be kids from the smaller schools in that state also working out. With so many workouts scheduled in such a short period of time it has become very difficult to get to many of the small schools. For this reason, the NFL allows players from lower level schools to work out at the large schools within that state. For example, a player from Eastern Illinois or Western Illinois can work out at the Northwestern or Illinois pro day. At the same time, a player from Northwestern cannot workout at Illinois’ pro day. The large school has to agree to let the small school players work out but in most cases it’s not a problem. Often the small school prospects work out after the major school prospects are done. It makes for a long day for scouts but it gives the clubs valuable information as well as saving valuable time. It’s also a value to the smaller school prospects because the small school may not have the indoor facilities that many of the major schools have. With this, the player gets to work out under very good conditions.

As it says, it is usually not a problem, but it does look like the host school has the final say.

43 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

According to NFPOST.COM. it is up to the host school to allow the other schools players to attend.

An interesting part of the pro days at the major schools is that there may be kids from the smaller schools in that state also working out. With so many workouts scheduled in such a short period of time it has become very difficult to get to many of the small schools. For this reason, the NFL allows players from lower level schools to work out at the large schools within that state. For example, a player from Eastern Illinois or Western Illinois can work out at the Northwestern or Illinois pro day. At the same time, a player from Northwestern cannot workout at Illinois’ pro day. The large school has to agree to let the small school players work out but in most cases it’s not a problem. Often the small school prospects work out after the major school prospects are done. It makes for a long day for scouts but it gives the clubs valuable information as well as saving valuable time. It’s also a value to the smaller school prospects because the small school may not have the indoor facilities that many of the major schools have. With this, the player gets to work out under very good conditions.

As it says, it is usually not a problem, but it does look like the host school has the final say.

The only time I've ever heard of a school refusing to let players from other schools work out at their pro day was when Brewster refused to let Dressler and a few other small school players work out at the U of M's pro day.  He basically informed them after they'd all traveled to Minneapolis after being asked to come there by NFL scouts that they would not be able to work  out.  He wasted their time and also wasted the time of a lot of the NFL scouts in attendance.  I would say it's just another one of the many reasons why that d-bag will never rise above the level of TE coach again.

1 hour ago, homer said:

Wonder how long until the IPF hosts the pro day for the state of ND

i am thinking the same thing

UND needs to start producing a few pro prospects every season....then, its time to bring scouts to the campus of THE university of north dakota 

fortunately, bubba has several talented young players who could be in the running for the next level if they keep working

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, homer said:

Wonder how long until the IPF hosts the pro day for the state of ND

NFL scouts are looking for talent not facilities. So to answer your question, it will never happen. It may host a UND pro day, and it most likely will someday, but it won't host the only pro day in ND.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

NFL scouts are looking for talent not facilities. So to answer your question, it will never happen. It may host a UND pro day, and it most likely will someday, but it won't host the only pro day in ND.

I knew ndsu was afraid to come up to grand forks for a game, but apparently that fear also applies to a pro day as well?   cool, good to know.  thanks for contributing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You would have to think ease of travel plays a role in where a larger pro day would take place. Unless UND ends up with a wentz type pro prospect that scouts are clamoring to travel to GF to see, probably makes more sense for them to just have it in Fargo.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

And that's just fine. We could careless if UND hosts other institutions' players. Thanks for the pointless clarification.