SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And that's just fine. We could careless if UND hosts other institutions' players. Thanks for the pointless clarification. 

I don't think we should be taking that attitude, even with NDSU.  I'm sure Will Ratelle is going down to their pro day.  

35 minutes ago, TRex said:

I don't think we should be taking that attitude, even with NDSU.  I'm sure Will Ratelle is going down to their pro day.  

Yes, and also the University of Minnesota's pro day. If NDSU doesn't want to help out, there's always the U of M (Ratelle is from the Twin Cities). 

Do not take what I said out of context; I was simply implying that hosting a UND pro day in the HPC without NDSU would not be perceived as a bad thing by most UND fans (i.e., cooperation with NDSU is not needed for a pro day). Pro scouts regularly make their way up to Grand Forks throughout the football season to watch UND players practice and/or play games. 

20 hours ago, TRex said:

I don't think we should be taking that attitude, even with NDSU.

We would never take that attitude with any school and their players.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for under the radar kids to perform in front of scouts.  Those with any sort of shot at all would/should be welcome to come show their talents at the HPC.  There might not be another chance for most of them.  

• Upvote 1

OK, I messed up.

I tried to take the portion of this thread about NDSU's school song and put it in the correct thread over in NCAA News. In the process I ending up merging all the posts into one instead of moving them (dang new board!). Instead of leaving a mess (14 posts all merged into one) here, I deleted it.

My apologies to those affected. 

I think the rest of the Summit Conference and particularly the South Dakota schools could care less about looking at the Bison football trophies particularly during the basketball season tourney  in South Dakota.  I can see where some people might think it is right in your face.  It does sound like something NDSU would do though.  I am sure a lot of people might think it is the wrong time and the wrong place.  Bison fans  would love it though.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I think the rest of the Summit Conference and particularly the South Dakota schools could care less about looking at the Bison football trophies particularly during the basketball season tourney  in South Dakota.  I can see where some people might think it is right in your face.  It does sound like something NDSU would do though.  I am sure a lot of people might think it is the wrong time and the wrong place.  Bison fans  would love it though.

How would people in Fargo like it if SDSU won a National Title and decided to bring it to Fargo, people here would bitch up a storm of course it would take SDSU to win a National Title which hasn't been done since 2003.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

How would people in Fargo like it if SDSU won a National Title and decided to bring it to Fargo, people here would bitch up a storm of course it would take SDSU to win a National Title which hasn't been done since 2003.

Didnt the show go to Scheels in GF also? Where was the up roar? 

The fact is Scheel wasnt taking it to BROOKINGS. Thats different than Sioux Falls. So to really make the comparison correctly----Lets say SDSU  took their awards to Grand Forks. Would we care? LOL  Hell NO. As a matter of fact we would have a pretty good laugh about it.

32 minutes ago, bison73 said:

The fact is Scheel wasnt taking it to BROOKINGS. Thats different than Sioux Falls. So to really make the comparison correctly----Lets say SDSU  took their awards to Grand Forks. Would we care? LOL  Hell NO. As a matter of fact we would have a pretty good laugh about it.

Actually it would be like SDSU taking their award to Hillsboro a non DI city. I don't get the whole taking trophies to different cities thing. Does Ohio State take theirs across Ohio or to Detroit? 

27 minutes ago, bison73 said:

NDSU fans claim the only reason that SDSU has such big fan support at Summit basketball tournament is because its in SDSU's backyard (completely ignoring the part where NDSU fans just don't bother to show up). Now you're trying to say that Brookings:Sioux Falls = Fargo:Grand Forks?

Do you get dizzy with all the spin you repeat from board to board?

On 3/3/2016 at 3:20 PM, darell1976 said:

Actually it would be like SDSU taking their award to Hillsboro a non DI city. I don't get the whole taking trophies to different cities thing. Does Ohio State take theirs across Ohio or to Detroit? 

This was a Scheels deal. Not NDSU.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:22 PM, jdub27 said:

NDSU fans claim the only reason that SDSU has such big fan support at Summit basketball tournament is because its in SDSU's backyard (completely ignoring the part where NDSU fans just don't bother to show up). Now you're trying to say that Brookings:Sioux Falls = Fargo:Grand Forks?

Do you get dizzy with all the spin you repeat from board to board?

I have never made any comments about the Summit basketball tourney and could care less how many people from SDSU or NDSU attend it. The fact is Scheels was doing the tour.

To equate the trophies being in Sioux Falls = Brooking is ridiculous.

So did the trophies make it to GF? Just wondering if they did why no protest?

I find you taking this stand with SDSU amusing. Wait thats right it supposedly involved NDSU. My bad.:silly:

On 3/3/2016 at 3:20 PM, darell1976 said:

Why dont you call Scheels and ask them why they were doing the trophy tour?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Why dont you call Scheels and ask them why they were doing the trophy tour?

Doing it?  Or allowing NDSU to host it at their stores for publicity as 'NDSU' paraded them around the region?  Pretty sure Scheels wasn't sending their employees around with the trophies.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bison73 said:

This was a Scheels deal. Not NDSU.

Really? Scheels sponsored it but it was most definitely an NDSU related event. Otherwise it'd be pretty strange that there were NDSU employees going around with the trophies and present at every stop, including Klieman in Fargo.

North Dakota State University athletic officials announced the NCAA Division I FCS National Championship Trophies will be making a tour sponsored by SCHEELS at several locations....

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Doing it?  Or allowing NDSU to host it at their stores for publicity as 'NDSU' paraded them around the region?  Pretty sure Scheels wasn't sending their employees around with the trophies.

Something you guys won't ever have to worry about.

• Downvote 3