SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

As to your first sentence where did I say anything about UND beating Richmond? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt your reading comprehension skills are better than the SU educated that roam this site. My point...again for all of you that are slow...was that based on the way UND was playing at the end of their season that if you put that team in the Dome Friday they would have been more competitive vs SU than Richmond was. Got it?

I still disagree as I think NDSU would have dominated the LOS just like they did against Richmond. Not that it matters anyway since we will never know.

Let's get better and make the PO's then see what happens.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, North Dakota said:

Other teams that we lost to lost their QB's too. Think about that.

I am talking about our team (you are a UND aren't you?)  And we aren't at NDSU's level? So Montana is and South Dakota is, but not us? That is a stupid green and yellow statement. We are at a playoff level, we have an FBS win, went 7-2 with our starting QB, a rushing defense that's towards the top of the FCS, and we are not at NDSU's level? Wow.

4 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

I am talking about our team (you are a UND aren't you?)  And we aren't at NDSU's level? So Montana is and South Dakota is, but not us? That is a stupid green and yellow statement. We are at a playoff level, we have an FBS win, went 7-2 with our starting QB, a rushing defense that's towards the top of the FCS, and we are not at NDSU's level? Wow.

None of those teams are at their level either. They destroyed them too. Why is that so hard to understand. We are getting there but we aren't there yet. Sheesh.

Und isn't quite there yet, but they improved leeps and bounds at the end of the year. Enough for us to be excited.

I'm with oxbow, our style of play and with wentz out, we would of done better then Richmond.  Had we had to play Richmond, Richmond maybe would of beat us by more then ndsu because of their style of play.  Und needs to shore up the secondary to compete with those passing teams.  

Its not ndsu's offense that would beat und, it's their defense.  Their defense is lights out the last month.....and having homefield doesn't hurt.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

They didn't exactly have a tough path to Fargo.

Had to beat Illinois St. Pretty good team I think. 

NDSU makes a lot of teams look bad... Especially offensively. I think you probably can recall the anemic offensive performance by UND's offense in the dome.

Right now, if NDSU is on.. They are pretty tough for FCS teams to compete with. Maybe Jacksonville St can do it.

1 hour ago, North Dakota said:

None of those teams are at their level either. They destroyed them too. Why is that so hard to understand. We are getting there but we aren't there yet. Sheesh.

This...so true.

I dislike SU and even more than that their fans, but I readily say they are the standard for what UND WANTS to be. They are for the whole freaking country (FCS)

6 hours ago, homer said:

Ours was young and got outplayed week 3. You don't think UND improved as the season went on?

Whether or not i think they improved as the season went on (I do) is not what I'm addressing.  I'm saying Richmond is good.  UND is good.  The ac has a way of making good teams look very bad.

14 minutes ago, shep said:

This...so true.

I dislike SU and even more than that their fans, but I readily say they are the standard for what UND WANTS to be. They are for the whole freaking country (FCS)

But if they come on this forum and expect us to kiss their a$$, they are wasting their time. This is a UND Discussion Forum, NOT Bisonville. The Fargo Forum may have co-opted the print media in Grand Forks, but this is still a 100% University of North Dakota oriented web site.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, North Dakota said:

NDSU would crush USD if they played again. That game was an anomaly if you can't see that then just keep believing what you want I guess.

Maybe maybe not. That's the beauty of the playoffs anything can happen. Including UND beating NDSU, you do know UND has beaten NDSU twice in one season (1994). Don't put NDSU on the NFL level. They are FCS, we are FCS and anyone can beat anyone. Just by saying we lost week 3 they would kill us means nothing until it happens. But if that was the case USD beat NDSU in week 7 they should beat them again. Same theory. Until it's played anything is possible. 

23 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

But if they come on this forum and expect us to kiss their a$$, they are wasting their time. This is a UND Discussion Forum, NOT Bisonville. The Fargo Forum may have co-opted the print media in Grand Forks, but this is still a 100% University of North Dakota oriented web site.

Then the mods should lock this thread which is titled "Non-UND FCS Thread"

1 minute ago, 2TRU4U said:

Then the mods should lock this thread which is titled "Non-UND FCS Thread"

It's labeled that because it's about non UND football, but we are entitled to our opinions and if the Bison faithful are too butthurt over comments get off our board. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

This.  Half of my family are diehard ndsu fans, but have been for decades.  Its the "new" bandwagon jumpers that are both annoying and funny to listen to.  The few people I know personally  in the Fargo area, 2 of which have become "fans" since the 2010 year.  Now they're the ones the have the   biggest mouths.  Yet, when I ask any football question, like who they are playing or and something about their defense or offense,  they arrogantly ignore that question and revert back to their championships!?!? They go to the game to be seen, not to follow football.

If ndsu is to have any bad years I see a huge drop off in attendance as these "new" bandwagoners will jump ship to the next neat thing.  And maybe just maybe if that was to happen, we can pray that these trolls go as well !! 

We wish they would leave BV as well.

9 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

Since when does a f'n beat writer speak for everyone? You're unbelievable...

Very true. But please remember that, when one of our moron fans says something idiotic you wont also put that on the whole fan base.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FSSD said:

The other thing to remember that Bison 6 forgets - is that UND was extremely limited at the safety position this year and some NDSU player named "Wentz" took to dirty shot at Zach A. and it took out a starting safety out for the year.  ISU attacked that weakness at safety with both Zach and Cole out that week.  That cheap play by NDSU directly impacted UND's season.

UND Football 2015. The only team in the FCS to have injuries at key positions.

Won't even address the dirty play issue, it's been beaten to death.

• Upvote 1

On 12/20/2015 at 5:50 PM, nd1sufan said:

Does anybody think that UND's run at the end of the season has anything to do with the crap teams they were playing?

That's bull$%!#, early in the season I heard many bizun fans saying no chance we beat Poly. We demolish Poly and all of a sudden they are crappy?

Same for #19 Montana State, we beat them and all of a sudden they aren't a quality win.

Seems that anyone we beat is all of a sudden on a down year. I think some of you do not want to come to terms with the fact that UND is now a relevant team.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

That's bull$%!#, early in the season I heard many bizun fans saying no chance we beat Poly. We demolish Poly and all of a sudden they are crappy?

Same for #19 Montana State, we beat them and all of a sudden they aren't a quality win.

Seems that anyone we beat is all of a sudden on a down year. I think some of you do not want to come to terms with the fact that UND is now a relevant team.

What were their records? Not trolling, just curious.

Anything less than what NDSU football has accomplished will not garner any respect from Bison fans.  UND could win an FCS NAtional Championship and the response of Bison fans would be "Win 3 (or maybe 4) more and get back to me!!  Yes it's true, respect must be earned.  but it will never be given by many Bison fans because of their pride.

• Upvote 1