SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

On 12/19/2018 at 9:13 AM, jdub27 said:

I really enjoy the irony in this comment after NDSU picked up an ISU transfer today and didn't didn't get a LOI from the high school QB that was committed (possibly going to KSU with Klieman?).

The kids father developed a relationship with one of the KSU bound coaches or a current KSU coach.  Considering most teams will lose a recruit to an FBS team is this really a talking point ?

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No, it was funny because one of your own chuckleheads was commenting the day before about UND losing their HS recruit and possibly looking at a transfer instead and then the exact same thing happened to MooU the next day. Anything else I need to spell out? 

Probably, consider your audience.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jjjohnson said:

Well, how many great players and coaches have we produced in the past 10 years?  Maybe the answer will help keep focus on us.   If you think NDSU is somehow inferior I’m sure the record will set you straight. We need to build, build, build and this next class is nothing better than a first step. 

What really bothers me is the apparent inability of the coaching staff to coach talent up. We have had some great talent come here raw and unfortunately graduate with little improvement. NDSU takes a local QB and coaches him up to a second round pick   That’s why they win a lot of recruiting battles, that and the direct pipeline to the NFL.

How many were not satisfied with the way things worked out for Santiago?  How would his career been different at NDSU?  What can we do to turn that around. 

You are not part of "we."  Continue trolling and your posting privileges here will be limited/removed.  Also, this is the non-UND FCS Thread for non-UND discussion.

• Upvote 4

41 minutes ago, Jjjohnson said:

Well, how many great players and coaches have we produced in the past 10 years?  Maybe the answer will help keep focus on us.   If you think NDSU is somehow inferior I’m sure the record will set you straight. We need to build, build, build and this next class is nothing better than a first step. 

What really bothers me is the apparent inability of the coaching staff to coach talent up. We have had some great talent come here raw and unfortunately graduate with little improvement. NDSU takes a local QB and coaches him up to a second round pick   That’s why they win a lot of recruiting battles, that and the direct pipeline to the NFL.

How many were not satisfied with the way things worked out for Santiago?  How would his career been different at NDSU?  What can we do to turn that around. 

Stop it. I am 99% sure you are a bison fan

• Upvote 2

On 12/20/2018 at 4:43 AM, Jjjohnson said:

How many great coaches and players have come through UNDs program in the las 10 years or so?  Not many.  NDSU has coaches and players all over the football world from high school to pros.  Maybe we should just just concentrate on fixing this not that. 

.....and don't forget, they could finish with a winning record in the SEC! #bringonbama #weareFBSalready

1 hour ago, Jjjohnson said:

You guys had a draft pick misfire. He was never good enough to be a #2. Philly stupidly traded up and drafted too high. No body else would of taken him that high. Big mistake.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You guys had a draft pick misfire. He was never good enough to be a #2. Philly stupidly traded up and drafted too high. No body else would of taken him that high. Big mistake.

Way less of a mistake than Ryan Leaf!  He was proving to be pretty good and likely would have been the Super Bowl MVP last year if he didn't get hurt.  Sure if he ends up always being injured it will prove to not turn out well, but he has proven he can play at a pretty high level and I don't think anybody has been considering him a bust.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Way less of a mistake than Ryan Leaf!  He was proving to be pretty good and likely would have been the Super Bowl MVP last year if he didn't get hurt.  Sure if he ends up always being injured it will prove to not turn out well, but he has proven he can play at a pretty high level and I don't think anybody has been considering him a bust.  

I was responding to a troll, read the post I responded to.

4 hours ago, Jjjohnson said:

Who are the great coaches that NDSU has produced in the last 10 years?  And I mean "great"......

4 hours ago, Jjjohnson said:

Well, Santiago was a three time All American and led all the FCS in all purpose yards his Junior year. I'd say his career worked out above his expectations coming out of high school. Speaking of him coming out of high school NDSU did not offer him so he would've never ended up there and if he had? According to the NDSU (or your) fanbase he would've never seen the field due to the depth NDSU has on offense. So, for you second question UND was the right place for him. Lastly you ask what can we do to turn this around? We're looking for a WR coach. Are you available to stop slinging cowshit? Come out of the outhouse and bring us to the promise land?