SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Down go the mighty griz......I can't recall, but someone was saying they were overrated!!  That guy must really know his football-

You were spot on. They had the win over NIU and I thought that meant something. Accept it was just one overrated team beating another apparently. 

• Upvote 1

This is from the FCS Top 25 Scoreboard.  Is it helpful to our team that turmoil seems to rule the day in FCS?

Nearing the midway point of the regular season, the FCS conference races are full of intrigue and surprise teams.

Elon may not be considered a surprise in CAA Football, but the Phoenix had to take down James Madison's 20-game conference winning streak to forge a first-place tie with Maine, Towson and Rhode Island. Those four teams were picked fifth, eighth, 10th and 12th, respectively, in the conference's preseason poll.

Surprising Florida A&M sits alone in first in the MEAC, while Idaho State (Big Sky), ETSU (Southern) and Incarnate Word (Southland) are at least tied in the loss column in their conference standings.

13 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Down go the mighty griz......I can't recall, but someone was saying they were overrated!!  That guy must really know his football-

What's funny is they knocked off UNI of the mighty MVFC in the opener. People are going to get dizzy trying to spin that result. 

12 hours ago, shep said:

So Montana comes into GF all p#$@ed off and desperate for a W.

Great excuse for UND fans if UND plays like sh*t on October 13th?

UND better go 6-0 to finish the season if they’re worth a damn. This Big Sky Conference is horsesh*t. UND needs to win out. Thank God for the move to the Missouri Valley. 

UND needs to play with the big boys to toughen up. Nice to see Idaho State look like the real deal though.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, jdub27 said:

What's funny is they knocked off UNI of the mighty MVFC in the opener. People are going to get dizzy trying to spin that result. 

You can say what you want, but UND hasn't had a D1 team yet that would finish above 500 in the MVFC. 

• Downvote 6

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

You can say what you want, but UND hasn't had a D1 team yet that would finish above 500 in the MVFC. 

What will you say when mighty NDSU is defeated by lowly UND?  You and I both know that day is coming like a freight train.....could it be this year in the playoffs?

• Upvote 2