SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

17 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Sounds like the Weber st Qb won’t be visiting GF.   Unfortunate.    Hate injuries. 

UND will still see Weber's starter. Jenks, the quarterback who went down is actually the backup. He replaced Constantine (starter) who started the game 2 of 7 for 15 yards and 2 interceptions. It is my understanding that these two were 1 & 1A in fall camp.

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So does this mean you are warming up to the fact that the FCS and the MVFC is the best fit for UND and NOT the FBS route?!!:D

Any school east of the Mississippi is detestable for a UND partner, whether in the Summit or MVFC.  Still don’t  think UND will ever be in the MVFC.  One doesn’t have to agree with everything in an article to post it.:whistling:

Would any one be up for a game at the new Allianz field in St Paul for the MLS team ?  Know NDSU has a Target field date with Butler next year.  A US Bank game would be much better, as well as a game against Minny at the TCF Bank Stadium would seem much more appealing.  But with a new smaller venue soon to be open, possibilities abound.

https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Would any one be up for a game at the new Allianz field in St Paul for the MLS team ?  Know NDSU has a Target field date with Butler next year.  A US Bank game would be much better, as well as a game against Minny at the TCF Bank Stadium would seem much more appealing.  But with a new smaller venue soon to be open, possibilities abound.

https://www.mnufc.com/stadium/

I can't believe Fleck would agree to a game anywhere against NDSU. They would almost certainly lose. 

The biggest factor in NDSU's success is the refusal of Gopher football coaches(starting with Brewster in 2007) to appreciate MN and other regional talent. This allowed the Bison to accumulate a very high level of talent. Credit the Bison for grabbing that opportunity and building "the" FCS Football Program in the country.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kap said:

I can't believe Fleck would agree to a game anywhere against NDSU. They would almost certainly lose. 

The biggest factor in NDSU's success is the refusal of Gopher football coaches(starting with Brewster in 2007) to appreciate MN and other regional talent. This allowed the Bison to accumulate a very high level of talent. Credit the Bison for grabbing that opportunity and building "the" FCS Football Program in the country.

Just my opinion.

Don’t think NDSU would get a game at TCF even if they went FBS.  Their fan base will travel to see odious teams like non-scholarship Butler because they have nothing else.

Think UND could if we went FBS.  Rather see it at US Bank Stadium.  The Allianz Stadium might work for UNI or USD, but would like to get a bigger traveling fan base first.  At least Allianz could be used in August or September.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Any school east of the Mississippi is detestable for a UND partner, whether in the Summit or MVFC.  Still don’t  think UND will ever be in the MVFC.  One doesn’t have to agree with everything in an article to post it.:whistling:

i do wonder why we are holding onto our BSC logos at the alerus when we could be looking forward by putting our new mvfc logos out there right now?

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

NDSU probably testing the water with Target Field. If successful, I could see them paying a lower level FBS team to play next time.

Could this ultimately lead to a push for a new Fargodome?

There are not any G5 schools that would come to the Twin Cities for NDSU.  No Ill plays games in Chicago time to time but they wouldn’t move a home game elsewhere unless it was major bucks (>$1 mill).  A school like Boise St often plays neutral site games with big paydays, but mainly against P5’s.

Unless Burgum wants to donate his fortune to a new stadium (He seems more interested in building downtown Fargo) don’t think their is another donor capable.  Sanford would build for Augustana before he helped NDSU again.  Fargo paying for the flood diversion will take years.

1 hour ago, Cratter said:

NDSU probably testing the water with Target Field. If successful, I could see them paying a lower level FBS team to play next time.

Could this ultimately lead to a push for a new Fargodome?

How does a gimmick game 240 miles from their campus lead to a push for a new stadium? On top of that, ticket prices are actually quite pretty cheap considering and they aren't even selling seats the top two levels in left and center field. 

11 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

How does a gimmick game 240 miles from their campus lead to a push for a new stadium? On top of that, ticket prices are actually quite pretty cheap considering and they aren't even selling seats the top two levels in left and center field. 

Correct. The Twins pitched the game to NDSU. This game is targeting twin cities and area fans who dont get to Fargo and dont have tickets.

Plus the potential payout could be quite substantial.

1 minute ago, bison73 said:

Correct. The Twins pitched the game to NDSU. This game is targeting twin cities and area fans who dont get to Fargo and dont have tickets.

Same reason I'd love to see UND have some sort of deal like that in the future. Plenty of alumni down here, and it would be easier to watch a game over make the drive all the way to GF every year.