SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, gsiouxo said:

Agree with SIOUXFAN97….Crappy (over rated) teams at home….where is the only place the Big Bad ASS Bison won't travel ……90 miles NORTH…..hope Jacksonville puts up 60 again in 3 weeks!!!!

Why would they travel 90 miles north when they can make 100'000's of thousands of dollars with an FBS road game or another home game? If UND would pay a 400 to 500 thousand guarantee NDSU would be happy to take it.

29 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Why would they travel 90 miles north when they can make 100'000's of thousands of dollars with an FBS road game or another home game? If UND would pay a 400 to 500 thousand guarantee NDSU would be happy to take it.

What was the last guarantee paid to a non UND team for a non home and home? 

19 minutes ago, gsiouxo said:

This is the  reason I would love to see the Bison lose….the ARROGANT fan/fans like this piece of work (nd1sufan)…..home and home with Weber but not UND….hope Jacksonville can pull their arrogant noses out of the air so they don't drown if it rains!!!!

Don't forget the h/h they just signed with Eastern Washington. Oh wait we aren't at their (NDSU's) level to quote president Dean B. But Weber and EWU are? Both teams had 6-5 records. I think we have reached that level Dean, just say it "we (NDSU) are scared to play UND in Grand Forks)." It's okay we understood when "we will play anyone anywhere" meant we will play anyone, anywhere except Grand Forks. 

Now that I said that, the floodgates will open and the BV trolls will come rushing in, because when going to Frisco the first stop on the trip is no other than siouxsports.com 

The game is pretty high stakes for Jacksonville St because they badly need to go FBS to gain Alabama HS student attention.

Since moving to FBS, Troy has massively increased enrollment in part because of online classes, USA has increased theirs, and UAB has at least been holding steady.  FBS is a priority for Alabama HS students.  U of Alabama has seen surging enrollments, at least 10k, even from out of state, since hiring Saban. Auburn is seen as a poor man's choice for Atlanta metro students, so it has access to a massive student population.

Meanwhile, Jacksonville St., which formerly saw Troy as a huge rival, N Alabama, and W Alabama have all had plummeting enrollments.  Jacksonville St, which should probably change their name to Talladega ST, has invested in a stadium that was built with a dorm on one side to help pay for the press box, elevators, and high roller party boxes and suites.  Jacksonville St is on the interstate between Atlanta and Birmingham, so it shouldn't show the big declines in enrollment that it has.

3 hours ago, gsiouxo said:

This is the  reason I would love to see the Bison lose….the ARROGANT fan/fans like this piece of work (nd1sufan)…..home and home with Weber but not UND….hope Jacksonville can pull their arrogant noses out of the air so they don't drown if it rains!!!!

So much hate and anger for NDSU, it's like they hurt you or something?

• Downvote 4

12 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Many of my SU friends in Fargo are "die hard" Bison "fans"..........since their 2009 or 2010 season.

This.  Half of my family are diehard ndsu fans, but have been for decades.  Its the "new" bandwagon jumpers that are both annoying and funny to listen to.  The few people I know personally  in the Fargo area, 2 of which have become "fans" since the 2010 year.  Now they're the ones the have the   biggest mouths.  Yet, when I ask any football question, like who they are playing or and something about their defense or offense,  they arrogantly ignore that question and revert back to their championships!?!? They go to the game to be seen, not to follow football.

If ndsu is to have any bad years I see a huge drop off in attendance as these "new" bandwagoners will jump ship to the next neat thing.  And maybe just maybe if that was to happen, we can pray that these trolls go as well !! 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Regardless of the outcome on Jan. 9 if you know sports especially CFB you have to appreciate the run SU is on. They win, reload, win again, reload... Defensively they are a machine...assignment sharp and rarely make mistakes. Offensively they know who they are...line up and they just punch you in the face...over and over and over. Then you tack on special teams, yes I realize their PK would get cut at Davies, with having a great punter and return game. The KO and punt return TDs were huge in their last 2 games. I get teams can put this all together for a year or 2 but 5?  I and my family live in Fargo.....we dispise NDSU even more than the FH nickname :wink:but the shot at 5 straight NCs is just crazy.

No question - it's historic and something any fan base would relish. Too bad the ongoing posts here make it impossible to root for them even a little. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

No question - it's historic and something any fan base would relish. Too bad the ongoing posts here make it impossible to root for them even a little. 

I don't think NDSU is going to have a cake walk agiainst JSU. They have proven they can be beaten(USD) if they play poorly. But people that think Jax State is going to roll through NDSU like they did against SHSU are wrong.

And I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a subbed invitation away from winning a National Championship. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't think NDSU is going to have a cake walk agiainst JSU. They have proven they can be beaten(USD) if they play poorly. But people that think Jax State is going to roll through NDSU like they did against SHSU are wrong.

And I get sick of UND fans saying they were just a subbed invitation away from winning a National Championship. 

They will hang onto that until they actually get in.

• Downvote 10

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't expect a cake walk for JSU. In fact I don't think they will win.

I have not heard anyone say that we would have won a National Championship if we got in.  Did you read it on here?   The most loyal fans seem to post on here.  I haven't seen it but I don't read every post.

Like was said above - it would have been a nice stepping stone and would have advanced the program.

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I don't expect a cake walk for JSU. In fact I don't think they will win.

I have not heard anyone say that we would have won a National Championship if we got in.  Did you read it on here?   The most loyal fans seem to post on here.  I haven't seen it but I don't read every post.

Like was said above - it would have been a nice stepping stone and would have advanced the program.

No he didn't see it anywhere on here.  It just reads well when he types it.  

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

'sufan,

could you provide a link to those quotes from UND fans?  Thanks.

have you tried Midol?  I hear it works for sicknesses like yours.  

Best regards,

Abe.