SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA To Sanction UND if School Does Not Adopt New Nickname

Benny Baker

Really? Again I am sure you are able to read and write. It is just the comprehension and understanding of what you read where you seem to struggle.

That's right Petey, release that anger that UND will have a new nickname, it's not good to keep it bottled up.

• Upvote 1

That's right Petey, release that anger that UND will have a new nickname, it's not good to keep it bottled up.

Hey numbnuts. I was in favor of a new nickname from the start and will vote for 1 of these remaining even though the selection ain't great. Which name will you be vot....oh nevermind.

Like I said you really struggle in understanding what you read. Might want to get that checked out, they may have pills for that.

What is incompetent about it?  The process he laid out above looks pretty standard to me.  At least he didn't allow citizens of North Dakota to vote.

Im kind of torn on this part, not sure I agree with a 70 year old alumnus living in California who hasn't been to ND since graduation gets a vote on the name and a ND citizen does not?

Dont know if I agree with that, hard to say if some citizens even know anything about UND either???

Hey numbnuts. I was in favor of a new nickname from the start and will vote for 1 of these remaining even though the selection ain't great. Which name will you be vot....oh nevermind.

Like I said you really struggle in understanding what you read. Might want to get that checked out, they may have pills for that.

Just hope you don't vote Sundogs just to spite the university, think of generations of athletes, students and fans.

Where was Kelley with this statement two weeks, months, years, ago? 

President Kelley added, “As I have noted many times, North Dakota is not a nickname—it is a reflection of our pride in who we are.  We have been North Dakota—UND—for more than 130 years, and we always will be.  

• Upvote 1

Where was Kelley with this statement two weeks, months, years, ago? 

He is correct but the roller coaster ride for him to get to this point in making this statement once again shows a total lack of leadership and vision with this entire process.

I'm pretty sure the NCAA is going to further sanction UND if fans do not adopt the new logo that is chosen now that ND is not an option. How could they allow such hostile and abusive jerseys and chants to be donned in the Ralph and accross the country.? 

How could they not?

Im kind of torn on this part, not sure I agree with a 70 year old alumnus living in California who hasn't been to ND since graduation gets a vote on the name and a ND citizen does not?

Dont know if I agree with that, hard to say if some citizens even know anything about UND either???

It was essential that the FU trolls who would love to ruin UND's image for years to come were not allowed to vote on this. That was my biggest concern, they would all go out en mass and vote Sundogs just to make us look bad. With our asinine decision making on the FCOA issue, we are doing a nice job of doing that ourselves.

• Upvote 1

Makes you wonder who Phil Jackson will vote for?

It was essential that the FU trolls who would love to ruin UND's image for years to come were not allowed to vote on this. That was my biggest concern, they would all go out en mass and vote Sundogs just to make us look bad. With our asinine decision making on the FCOA issue, we are doing a nice job of doing that ourselves.

Definitely is a legit concern..

who cares!

Every fan of UND should care. You have those who get a vote that may not care or worse be a fan of a rival team 70 miles south of Grand Forks, like my brother in-law. He is a Bison fan but went to UND's med school and is an alum so he may not care and he could vote for the Sundogs ( I txted him and told him to vote Roughriders or Fighting Hawks). So there are others who actually went to UND caring only for academics and not a fan of athletics (or UND athletics) or is a fan of other athletic teams, so you should care.

Every fan of UND should care. You have those who get a vote that may not care or worse be a fan of a rival team 70 miles south of Grand Forks, like my brother in-law. He is a Bison fan but went to UND's med school and is an alum so he may not care and he could vote for the Sundogs ( I txted him and told him to vote Roughriders or Fighting Hawks). So there are others who actually went to UND caring only for academics and not a fan of athletics (or UND athletics) or is a fan of other athletic teams, so you should care.

But why should we care who Phil Jackson votes for?  Or if he votes at all?  That's his own personal business.

Maybe you should just "txt" all of them and tell them how to vote.

Do you really think those that don't care are going to care enough to vote at all?