SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Does SU have a running back close to Crockett?

& defense wins football games

Their RFR RB is FAAAAAST. Dunn I think is his name. He's seems like he's got that twitch that elite rbs need.

They also have King Fraizer, former Nebraska walk on, and Chase Morlock. Both strong and fast but they aren't the creative type like Crockett. They're fine at RB. Seriously though, when have they not had good rbs?

I have 2 grandsons who love sports that live in West Fargo

they have loved SU in recent yrs

They also love Sioux Hockey & Hockey is their favorite sport

Their Mom is a UND grad Dad is a grad of both UND & NDSU

If UND had a winning year they would love them also

I kinda fit in the same mold - I have enjoyed NDSU football during their great run & of course I LOVE Sioux hockey

I do hope UND can become competitive again but is it realistic that they can turn it around so fast ? & can NDSU stay above average forever ?

I'm happy we are above average in hockey

It makes life more enjoyable - can't even comprehend not having Hockey - If we were just a Football town do u think we would have been more competitive ? Facilities are not that different for football (more seating for Fargo) Do u think students go to where their favorite sport is or how the team does ? How much of recruiting is luck ? & / or records ? Was SUs coaching really that much better ?

I'm trying to get into football mainly for my grandkids

I wonder why the four time defending national champions of FCS are concerned at all about a team that went 5-7 last season. 

When did the act of conversing on a message board mean there is concern involved?

Honest question for the NDSU fans (not speculation of the UND fans):

What will your reaction be on this message board IF (big if) UND wins (granted it may be dependant on big win, close game, etc.)

-UND got lucky

-SU didn't show up

-Our team wasn't healthy for that game

-Officiating lost us the game

-UND played dirty

-UND played better that expected

-Great, close football game. UND perservered. Congrats!

Just interested to know if this were to happen, if some of you will be immediately looking for excuses OR will just take the loss, say good job and move on. I suppose it will be different for each of you (again a big if)

You played better than we did. Pretty simple.

You played better than we did. Pretty simple.

That would never make it in print. (To clarify while UND is the extreme underdog it has been proven time and again that when UND does defeat SU their fanatics come up with all kinds of excuses.) Even though UND leads the all time series and won a major majority of games played in the last 10 years of the rivalry - when scholarships were equal.  

Honest question for the NDSU fans (not speculation of the UND fans):

What will your reaction be on this message board IF (big if) UND wins (granted it may be dependant on big win, close game, etc.)

-UND got lucky

-SU didn't show up

-Our team wasn't healthy for that game

-Officiating lost us the game

-UND played dirty

-UND played better that expected

-Great, close football game. UND perservered. Congrats!

Just interested to know if this were to happen, if some of you will be immediately looking for excuses OR will just take the loss, say good job and move on. I suppose it will be different for each of you (again a big if)

I know you said "if", but speculating on how a reaction will be on a game that hasn't been played yet is pretty tough to do. I can speculate all day about how I think the game will be played, who I think will win, and maybe even speculate on a final score. But until the game is played, and we see what sort of events unfold in that 60 minutes, then I can't say for sure.

Are you asking that if this game is close, and I don't know for sure what you think close is by numbers, or if UND wins, are Bison fans going to come over here and congratulate your fan base? I'm gonna go with....probably not. I'd expect nothing different at Bisonville if the Bison win.

PS: I don't mind giving credit where it's due, and mark it down here, I'll come over here and say some very good things about your team and program after the game, regardless of the outcome. I don't like your football team, not going to lie about that at all. But it is your fan board for your team and I'm a guest here, and I can be respectful of that.

That would never make it in print. 

Exactly! Sports and the discussion of sports amongst fans would be pretty boring if every game played went perfectly, nothing weird happened, no one exceeded expectations, every contest was clean, every athlete was 100% healthy, every call was perfect, no one outplayed the other on that day, rivals didn't play more inspired, etc. Sports talk shows wouldn't have anything to talk about when breaking down games played. Call them excuses, but there are a lot of things that are factored into wins and losses.

When did the act of conversing on a message board mean there is concern involved?

At least one of your Alumni is spending a lot of time trying to convince us (themselves?). Shouldn't NDSU fans be chatting with a threat (the team that beat them last year) than a team that went 5-7 last season?

At least one of your Alumni is spending a lot of time trying to convince us (themselves?). Shouldn't NDSU fans be chatting with a threat (the team that beat them last year) than a team that went 5-7 last season?

Its a message board. They post to post. Just like you do. Certainly not over concerns unless you are having a real discussion where a person might say he has some concerns over a possible match up.

To try and extrapolate a post as being concerned or fear is nothing more than an attempt to turn the tables on a supposed troll. You know that as well as most others.

• Upvote 1

Most normal fans of other teams do not daily frequent another team's site - unless there is something amiss - as has been pointed out it's pretty obvious these trolls have issues. Dudes get help if you are a troll and:

- you find yourself drawn to this site

- one of the first things you do every day is come to this site

- when you aren't on this site you think about this site 

- you check this site several times a day

- you have this site on your cell phone

- you get a rise out of posting to this site

Get a second job or even a first job, get out of the basement, talk to people in person. Go find some other fan site that would benefit from "the discussion and insight" you bring.  Try and go a couple of days without visiting here - it will get easier - you will find more productive things to fill that time. 

• Upvote 2

To try and extrapolate a post as being concerned or fear is nothing more than an attempt to turn the tables on a supposed troll. You know that as well as most others.

Yup. It's one option, the subtle one. The other is less subtle. 

Signed,

The Management

Can't believe that 5 pages later, nobody has mentioned that this is Klieman's second year also... ;)

Oh you are right, NDSU doesn't really know what it has in Chris Klieman yet, and won't find out until he's had a chance to recruit his own team...

On the other hand, he did win a championship last year. That is a little bit different than a two game improvement in record. 

Most normal fans of other teams do not daily frequent another team's site - unless there is something amiss - as has been pointed out it's pretty obvious these trolls have issues. Dudes get help if you are a troll and:

Get a second job or even a first job, get out of the basement, talk to people in person. Go find some other fan site that would benefit from "the discussion and insight" you bring.  Try and go a couple of days without visiting here - it will get easier - you will find more productive things to fill that time. 

Oh, come on. You love having Bison fans post here and you know it. Honestly, hasn't this off-season been a lot more entertaining than last year's?

• Downvote 2

Oh you are right, NDSU doesn't really know what it has in Chris Klieman yet, and won't find out until he's had a chance to recruit his own team...

On the other hand, he did win a championship last year. That is a little bit different than a two game improvement in record.

<putting on my 'Darrell' troll-baiting mask>

but the Bizun lost more games in 2014 under Klieman than they did in Bohl's last year (2013). So Schweigert improved by 2 games while Klieman slipped by a game.

<taking off the troll-baiting mask>

• Upvote 1

but the Bizun lost more games in 2014 under Klieman than they did in Bohl's last year (2013). So Schweigert improved by 2 games while Klieman slipped by a game.

<taking off the troll-baiting inn mask>

When Darrell says things like that it isn't troll baiting. That is the way the guy's brain works. Good example of Darrell's way of thinking.

"NDSU dominated the 1980's in football but UND dominated the 1990's"

1980's

NDSU- 4 national titles, 2 runner ups, 7 conference championships and won the nickel 9 out of 10 times.

UND- Zero national championships or runner ups, zero conference championships, won the nickel 1 out of 10 times.

Clearly dominated by NDSU

1990's

NDSU- 1 national championship, 4 conference championships and won the nickel 5 out of 10 times

UND- Zero national championships or appearances, 4 conference championships and won the nickel 5 out of 10 times.

Essentially even....dominated by UND in Darrell's mind

<taking off the troll-baiting inn mask>

OK, I'm not disagreeing. Neither UND, nor NDSU, have a proven head coach.

Oh, come on. You love having Bison fans post here and you know it. Honestly, hasn't this off-season been a lot more entertaining than last year's?

Nope and Nope not until they leave their attitude at the door. 

Most "normal" fans don't even go on their own teams fan forum. People that are active on fan forums are the minority, not the norm. I still don't see any issues with being on other future opponents fan forums for good, clean discussion. The rival factor makes it near impossible with our fan bases though.

When Darrell says things like that it isn't troll baiting. That is the way the guy's brain works. Good example of Darrell's way of thinking.

"NDSU dominated the 1980's in football but UND dominated the 1990's"

1980's

NDSU- 4 national titles, 2 runner ups, 7 conference championships and won the nickel 9 out of 10 times.

UND- Zero national championships or runner ups, zero conference championships, won the nickel 1 out of 10 times.

Clearly dominated by NDSU

1990's

NDSU- 1 national championship, 4 conference championships and won the nickel 5 out of 10 times

UND- Zero national championships or appearances, 4 conference championships and won the nickel 5 out of 10 times.

Essentially even....dominated by UND in Darrell's mind

Just to close out the era where both schools were in D2...

2000 - 2003

NDSU - 0 national shampionships, 0 conference championships, won nickel 1 of 4 times, 1 playoff appearence

UND - 1 national championship, 1 national champiionship runner up, 2 conference championships, won nickel 3 or 4 times, 2 playoff appearances

Maybe Darrell gor overwhelmed by all the dominance in the early 2000's that carried over!!  

Just to close out the era where both schools were in D2...

2000 - 2003

NDSU - 0 national shampionships, 0 conference championships, won nickel 1 of 4 times, 1 playoff appearence

UND - 1 national championship, 1 national champiionship runner up, 2 conference championships, won nickel 3 or 4 times, 2 playoff appearances

Maybe Darrell gor overwhelmed by all the dominance in the early 2000's that carried over!!

You mention 2001 around Darrell and you better find the guy a box of Kleenex and a private room.

Yep you got me there. UND had a brief period of 3 out of 4 years when they had more sucess, but I would not go on to say Dominate. NDSU was ranked #1 for a good period of 2000 and part of 2001 and very well would have a national championship in 2000 had they not closed the season with a 3rd string QB. Tough to say how 2001 would have turned out if injuries had not happened with Gordon. 2002 UND clearly had a better team. 2003 IMO was a joke. I still struggle to see how an 8-3 Bison team who had beat the #3 team in the FCS did not make the playoffs. UND had a better team that year, but I wouldn't go on to say they were dominate. They beat NDSU head and got the opportunity to play in the playoffs but there was not a more impressive win in D2 that year than NDSU beating Montana. That win did a lot more for the future success of NDSU football than UND making it to the D2 title game.

I still think Babich got the shaft. He had one bad season in 2002 and got the boot. Guy was a good coach.

I blame this "Rival Factor" as one of the main reasons we lost our name - really sad that a bunch of Frat boy mentalities could of brought a rivalry to such lows

Oh that is definitely a fact. NDSU fans helped tremendously in ending that racist and abusive nickname.

Look on the bright side. Once Bubba is coach of Roughrider Football, he will be able to sell a new football brand and distance themselves from the stigma that the UND Sioux/No names are a bad team.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic