SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

27 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Their strategy hasn't changed. They offer all the in-state kids they think can help them win. They don't offer kids they don't think can help them whether or not they have connections to the program or not. Bubba must think this is the greatest crop ND HS FB players the state has ever assembled with all of the in-state kids he has committed. 

So getting some ND kids as PWO and some on scholarship is a bad thing now?  

4 minutes ago, homer said:

They offered one partial scholarship to a ND kid this year. That's it. I would say their strategy changed greatly.  

2 minutes ago, homer said:

Nope, Not saying that at all. There may be many ND kids that can be major contributors to D1 FB teams this year. Time will tell. History would tell you not this many but maybe this is an exceptional year. I am saying UND and NDSU both recruit the state hard and offer the kids they think can contribute. They obviously have different opinions this year.  

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Nope, Not saying that at all. There may be many ND kids that can be major contributors to D1 FB teams this year. Time will tell. History would tell you not this many but maybe this is an exceptional year. I am saying UND and NDSU both recruit the state hard and offer the kids they think can contribute. They obviously have different opinions this year.  

Not so different opinions..as both Klien and Lotysz were heavily recruited by both schools and NDSU lost out 

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND1983 said:

They offered one partial scholarship to a ND kid this year. That's it. I would say their strategy changed greatly.  

They obviously think that is all the was warranted. Is there a quota of scholarships that should be saved for ND kids every year bu the D1 schools regardless of talent? They have commitments from a Moorhead kid and an Ada kids and offered a kid from Barnesville. Those are just as local as ND kids and better talents than any kid in ND this year. 

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

Not so different opinions..as both Klien and Lotysz were heavily recruited by both schools and NDSU lost out 

i hadn't heard about any offers from NDSU to either of those kids. UND1983 just said they only offered a partial to Satter and not other scholarship offers to ND kids. 

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

They obviously think that is all the was warranted. Is there a quota of scholarships that should be saved for ND kids every year bu the D1 schools regardless of talent? They have commitments from a Moorhead kid and an Ada kids and offered a kid from Barnesville. Those are just as local as ND kids and better talents than any kid in ND this year. 

Debatable but the point to be made yes.

1 minute ago, nd1sufan said:

i hadn't heard about any offers from NDSU to either of those kids. UND1983 just said they only offered a partial to Satter and not other scholarship offers to ND kids. 

... and they only offered Satter immediately after UND did

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Debatable but the point to be made yes.

Yes, you never know how kids will turn out once on campus and a couple of years into the program, but I would think by the recruitment of the Moorhead, Ada and Barnesville kids the concensus is at this time they are better prospects than other local kids committed to either program. 

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

... and they only offered Satter immediately after UND did

Satter was there #1 target in ND for 2020.  The talent this year in the state is weak.  Most of these kids will have to work hard to see the field.  

Not so sure I would support a statement about the “talent this year in the state this year is weak.” I do not know the talent in the state and I am no judge of the quality.... but this seems to be a generic slam to young too many men. Not a good  statement and poor reflection on Juice U..... just my opinion!

32 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Satter was there #1 target in ND for 2020.  The talent this year in the state is weak.  Most of these kids will have to work hard to see the field.  

LOFL.  That's why they didn't offer until after UND did. Wanted him so bad they waited to see if UND would do anything with him all while offering three other local kids before him.  

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

LOFL.  That's why they didn't offer until after UND did. Wanted him so bad they waited to see if UND would do anything with him all while offering three other local kids before him.  

So what.  Do you always throw out your best bid first?  UND usually has to spend more for their athletics as a rule. As a ex.  the Lennon kid - great kid but didn't do well at camp so PWO offer.  You guys full ride.  

4 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

So what.  Do you always throw out your best bid first?  UND usually has to spend more for their athletics as a rule. As a ex.  the Lennon kid - great kid but didn't do well at camp so PWO offer.  You guys full ride.  

Oh Dan. 

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

I am floored right now by your comments.

Don't give up hope, Hedberg will probably jump on Sioux Sports in the coming weeks and realize we are committing North Dakota kids that should be in his back pocket!!

LOL.    How many ND players have you gotten that have turned out great in the last 10 years?  1 or so?  We have more ND kids in the NFL than that.  So Hedberg is going okay.  

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He has already been coaching in the MVFC just not at head coach. His defensive system will be picked up if Bubba is ever let go. There will be a ton of teams trying to get Schmit for his denfense. Bubba is a good defensive coach but had not been able to get it done on offense.

Did you pay attention to Bubba's defenses when he was DC at SIU? They weren't exactly the Steel Curtain.

Lack of fire can hurt a team.... I sure do not know how or why that happens. I know some teams/classes have it. It does not come from a coach but I think coaching can squelch it.

Reading about these new players I was very impressed with their non-football bios... multi-sport and non-athletic accomplishments. Maybe that true freshmen will have that fire in a year or two but I hope it doesn’t get extinguished along the way.

Outside of high school athletics.... and even to some degree high school teams, I have always wondered if the parents’ “donations” helped advance players. I see 3 or 4 players of equal talent in a position and one gets totally promoted on and off the field plus in the media.

I saw two high school players promoted for DI college positions that were not that great....seriously. I know, for a fact, that the father of one “gifted” the high school coach stuff from his store AND (this is so sad) the announcer/score keeper altered the numbers of the players scoring to give more points to one player....which was caught mid-season.

So nothing surprises me about JuiceU and I hope UND is not part of a system that promotes anything but equal play.... can’t say I’ve ever seen anything that makes me think so. But it happens.....

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Lack of fire can hurt a team.... I sure do not know how or why that happens. I know some teams/classes have it. It does not come from a coach but I think coaching can squelch it.

Reading about these new players I was very impressed with their non-football bios... multi-sport and non-athletic accomplishments. Maybe that true freshmen will have that fire in a year or two but I hope it doesn’t get extinguished along the way.

Outside of high school athletics.... and even to some degree high school teams, I have always wondered if the parents’ “donations” helped advance players. I see 3 or 4 players of equal talent in a position and one gets totally promoted on and off the field plus in the media.

I saw two high school players promoted for DI college positions that were not that great....seriously. I know, for a fact, that the father of one “gifted” the high school coach stuff from his store AND (this is so sad) the announcer/score keeper altered the numbers of the players scoring to give more points to one player....which was caught mid-season.

So nothing surprises me about JuiceU and I hope UND is not part of a system that promotes anything but equal play.... can’t say I’ve ever seen anything that makes me think so. But it happens.....

Correct you dont know and you couldnt be more wrong. Just look at Bubba. The team follows his lead. Nuff said.

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

Correct you dont know and you couldnt be more wrong. Just look at Bubba. The team follows his lead. Nuff said.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor....after the JuiceU cover up, not sure you should be commenting on this or criticizing our coaches

”Don’t worry about the sliver in your neighbor’s eye when there is a plank in yours.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mama Sue said:

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor....after the JuiceU cover up, not sure you should be commenting on this or criticizing our coaches

”Don’t worry about the sliver in your neighbor’s eye when there is a plank in yours.”

Thats quite a straw man  coupled with a red herring statement youve got going there. 

Your false narrative has nothing to do with the observations and  obvious lack of motivation your head coach inspires in his players.

I also have personal experience in the effect of a head coach on his players. You dont.

When you dont have the knowledge to make an intelligent comment on a subject its best to let the adults in the room talk.

15 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Nobody here cares (not even the other trolls). Go home.

Maybe try doing some charitable work. Your effort here is fruitless. 

I do charitable work all the time.  

Fruitless??? Probably . Cant help those who don know, what they dont know and wont admit it.