SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Championship News

cberkas

Always nice to beat Canada! Really dumb play by DeBrincat with the spear even if the Canada player did sell it quite a bit. The U.S. defensemen were kind of shaky I thought Belpedio and Borgen were the best of the bunch. Still wish they would have taken at least a couple of the guys like Connor, Tuch, Garland, Roslovic, Bracco, and Keller as I thought a couple of those 4th liners really struggled today.

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Always nice to beat Canada! Really dumb play by DeBrincat with the spear even if the Canada player did sell it quite a bit. The U.S. defensemen were kind of shaky I thought Belpedio and Borgen were the best of the bunch. Still wish they would have taken at least a couple of the guys like Connor, Tuch, Garland, Roslovic, Bracco, and Keller as I thought a couple of those 4th liners really struggled today.

Yeah, agreed. Those nchc dmen looked good, especially Belpedio. I also agree with the end of your post too. I'll swap eansor, Hitchcock, and Macinnis for any of those guys you mentioned except Bracco. He didn't deserve it.

53 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Yeah, agreed. Those nchc dmen looked good, especially Belpedio. I also agree with the end of your post too. I'll swap eansor, Hitchcock, and Macinnis for any of those guys you mentioned except Bracco. He didn't deserve it.

I thought Eansor played quite well- he was noticeable on some shifts

On 12/23/2015 at 10:37 AM, UNDBIZ said:

(Just noticed this item about there being zero Gophers on this year's team, sorry)

Zero Gophers is great news!  

There is a pretty strong negative correlation historically between USA success and the number of Gophers.  USA has won medals 67% of the time (2 of 3) when there's zero Gophers on the team.   When there's 2 or more, only 2 of 18 times (11%).

Two UND skaters is also a good omen - 50% (3 of 6 times) that USA wins a medal.  Only 2 of 12 (17% when there's no UND skaters).

(Statistics are for the past 30 years.)

And, yes, I'll be chatting in the office - about these statistics - with my friends who are Gopher hockey fans.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, farce poobah said:

(Just noticed this item about there being zero Gophers on this year's team, sorry)

Zero Gophers is great news!  

There is a pretty strong negative correlation historically between USA success and the number of Gophers.  USA has won medals 67% of the time (2 of 3) when there's zero Gophers on the team.   When there's 2 or more, only 2 of 18 times (11%).

Two UND skaters is also a good omen - 50% (3 of 6 times) that USA wins a medal.  Only 2 of 12 (17% when there's no UND skaters).

(Statistics are for the past 30 years.)

And, yes, I'll be chatting in the office - about these statistics - with my friends who are Gopher hockey fans.  

I noticed that as well. Didn't one of the last cuts involve a Gopher player, too? And yes they did.