SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Championship News

cberkas

28 minutes ago, MoreSiouxForYou said:

IMO, Russia just out played USA.  That second period was a butt whipping after the first 3-4 min.

Agreed, the second was terrible.  I'll say it again, I think US left some very good pieces off of this team.  By no means was this the best U20 team the US could have fielded (obviously excluding NHL players).  Conner, Roslovic, Tuch, Keller, Bellows, Garland, etc.  Some of those boys should have been on this team.  A lack of offense showed when it mattered.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Agreed, the second was terrible.  I'll say it again, I think US left some very good pieces off of this team.  By no means was this the best U20 team the US could have fielded (obviously excluding NHL players).  Conner, Roslovic, Tuch, Keller, Bellows, Garland, etc.  Some of those boys should have been on this team.  A lack of offense showed when it mattered.

Completely agree in the 2 losses the US scored I believe 1 goal sure could have used some of the talented pure scorers that are on that list. The coaching choice also may have ended up being a poor one as Wilson basically said postgame he didn't prepare for Russia at all and knew nothing about their team or their players.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread for a goal scorer Boeser can't even find space to even get a shot off so far in this tournament. Very surprised by that.

Especially considering how much space he has in college.  That being said, after noting the improvement in tournament performance from Schmaltz last year to this year, I would expect Boeser to be significantly better next year.

13 minutes ago, keikla said:

Especially considering how much space he has in college.  That being said, after noting the improvement in tournament performance from Schmaltz last year to this year, I would expect Boeser to be significantly better next year.

He only gets the opportunity next year if her returns to UND...................