SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Championship News

cberkas

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Yep, thought originally he may have a broken nose. 

I certainly want the US to win gold and now bronze but selfishly all I want is for Schmaltz and Boeser to come back healthy and ready for the second half! I would be alright if Wilson decided to bench the two for the third.

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm not a lip reader, but I'm pretty sure Brock Boeser was telling Austin Matthews in the medal lineup. "You really need to come to North Dakota next year."

Forget about the nhl for awhile:silly:

1 minute ago, runaroundsioux said:

I'm not a lip reader, but I'm pretty sure Brock Boeser was telling Austin Matthews in the medal lineup. "You really need to come to North Dakota next year."

If that's the case, that would mean Bess thinks he'll stay, which I think he will, too. But, no chance for Matthews... next year he'll be in the NHL. Guy can only dream. Schmaltz centering Boeser and Matthews. Jost on the second line :)

14 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

If that's the case, that would mean Bess thinks he'll stay, which I think he will, too. But, no chance for Matthews... next year he'll be in the NHL. Guy can only dream. Schmaltz centering Boeser and Matthews. Jost on the second line :)

I think you can put Schmaltz in the Matthew category as well.  He did nothing in this tournament that would change the Blackhawks mind in signing him.

And Chicago's salary cap necessitates signing entry level players to replace some players due for bigger contracts

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

I think you can put Schmaltz in the Matthew category as well.  He did nothing in this tournament that would change the Blackhawks mind in signing him.

And Chicago's salary cap necessitates signing entry level players to replace some players due for bigger contracts

I think it's only different in that there is SOME chance. Matthews has zero chance. Schmaltz is more than likely gone, but there's still a chance.

1 minute ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Matthews signed a professional contract when he decided to play for that Swiss team, losing his NCAA eligibility.

I think we were all aware of that. Well, I was... but was just playing around thinking it'd be fun. Thanks for peeing on my Wheaties, though ;)