SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

I seem to remember several times when UND needed late goals or overtime to beat Bemidji State and Air Force where there were pile ons.   A win is a win, and if they can't get excited, that is where I would be concerned.

Bingo.  Let's not hate.

This is nothing new at all with Dean. IIRC he was one of the biggest advocates of moving away from campus sites due to the different ice sizes. After UND lost to Ferris State 5-2 in the west regional at Mariucci in 2003 there was a story in the Grand Forks Herald with a lot of strongly worded quotes from Blais being extremely PO'd that they had to play an NCAA tournament game on Olympic size ice. I wish I could find the article...

Wait, so Baxter willingly put the benches on either side of the rink? Ugh, that looks so weird to me.  I thought that was only something old arenas like Compton Ice in South Bend had.

I didn't realize 2011 is classified as old :D

Its time to change the rules on rink setup.

I propose the following amendment to Rule 1, Section 10 "Penalty Bench".  

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/fielddiagrams/IceHockey.pdf

Specifically, to add a subsection c:  "In the event the Team Benches are not equally distant from the Penalty Benches, the Visiting Team shall have the choice of which Team Bench they choose to use.   In the event the Team Benches are equally distant from the Penalty Benches, the Home Team shall have the choice of which Team Bench they choose to use.

Rationale: to prevent home teams from gaining an unfair competitive advantage by situating their own bench much closer to the penalty box.   Its unfair, and should be eliminated from the game.

Edited by farce poobah
  • Upvote 1

Its time to change the rules on rink setup.

I propose the following amendment to Rule 1, Section 10 "Penalty Bench".  

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/fielddiagrams/IceHockey.pdf

Specifically, to add a subsection c:  "In the event the Team Benches are not equally distant from the Penalty Benches, the Visiting Team shall have the choice of which Team Bench they choose to use.   In the event the Team Benches are equally distant from the Penalty Benches, the Home Team shall have the choice of which Team Bench they choose to use.

Rationale: to prevent home teams from gaining an unfair competitive advantage by situating their own bench much closer to the penalty box.   Its unfair, and should be eliminated from the game.

Or everyone can put the penalty box on the opposite side of the rink from the team benches.  

I got a hall pass from the Mrs. so heading to the DU-SCSU game tonight. I will grudgingly be pulling for DU to win as UND is in a dog fight with the Huskies for first place. Man, this is almost the most difficult thing I've had to do, I can't stand either team! I think I'll need to take a shower when I get home!

• Upvote 4