SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

When you play in the Big Ten you don't have much of a chance to increase you're Pairwise rankings because most of the teams are rated so low.

The highest rated team is Penn State right now and they split with highest rated team they have played, Notre Dame (#15 in PWR)

The WCHA has really fallen off from last year.

Edited by Cratter
  • Upvote 1

The gophers are done unless they win the autobid.  I can't see how they can now sweep out their B1G schedule and come in above 16th.

I recall people saying the same thing last year when they were further back.  They are 20th in the Pairwise now, so beating teams like Penn State and Michigan, along with Harvard possibly, sure wouldn't hurt.  I can't figure out how they are ahead of Duluth now when Duluth has a better record and swept them in a home and home series. Four of seven wins coming against Northeastern and Ohio State isn't exactly the elite in college hockey. They have a combined 5 wins.

Edited by tnt

UND is at 5th in the Pairwise with a 16-2-2 record (third best win percentage in the country) yet is behind SCSU (14-4-0) and Nebraska Omaha (12-3-1).

That's how far you drop losing to Wisconsin. 

And the first part of our schedule was very soft.

I can't figure out how they are ahead of Duluth now when Duluth has a better record and swept them in a home and home series. Four of seven wins coming against Northeastern and Ohio State isn't exactly the elite in college hockey. They have a combined 5 wins.

I always thought these ranking made more sense than Pairwise:

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=11590&s=284083

Duluth two spots ahead of Minnesota. 

Be interesting if anyone using this board has seen Providence play.  They must have a good one again this year. 

Gone are the days when we could just shrug off eastern teams other that BC, BU and Maine as having weak schedules.   Parity is a good thing, IMO, and I don't think it's just the result of watered down talent.  More kids are being developed, and more programs are able to take advantage of that.   I don't know what the numbers say about development programs, but it seems that way to the ignorant yours truly.   The more high-end college hockey talent we get to see, the better. 

UND is at 5th in the Pairwise with a 16-2-2 record (third best win percentage in the country) yet is behind SCSU (14-4-0) and Nebraska Omaha (12-3-1).

That's how far you drop losing to Wisconsin. 

Wisconsin is 34th in PWR so it's not as terrible as losing to them last year.  Obviously a game you'd like them to win but I think they've made up for it sweeping Denver and Duluth in back-to-back weekends :)