SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

If he played for UND, Gopher fans across the globe would be screaming for a lifetime ban from hockey.

Yeah, but since it was a gopher he isn't by nature cheap, just someone who wasn't thinking for a brief moment, a small lapse in judgement.  

No happiness on GPL tonight.  Even they think the Seeler hit was stupid.  And of course, MafiaMan is over there stirring the pot a little bit about 25 year old players.

And someone gave me a -1 for my comment.  

Apparently, 25 year old players are the devil - unless they're wearing an M on their jersey.

• Upvote 3

Just for the record, I do like the idea of the NSCC. I wish UND had something like this.

I love the idea of the nscc. I just think the massive amount of patting themselves on the back that the gophers fans do is nausiating.

Edited by bale31
  • Upvote 2

I love the idea of the nscc. I just think the massive amount of patting themselves on the back that the gophers fans do is nauseating.

I played in the Galen Nagel golf tourney  this past summer and they had the NSCC trophy on display in the registration tent. I would think that there's some prestige in winning that cup. It's nice to see the Gophers lose that tourney, kind of rub it in where it hurts. 

Edited by Goon

Seeler got an extra game from the B1G, Seeler is a garbage player that the only thing he can do is hit.

Classless hockey, to be sure.

Surprising to me that St.Cloud didn't empty the bench after that.  A hit like that often draws a stronger reaction from ones teammates.  

Either Motzko has his team extremely well disciplined, or they don't have that team spirit in St Cloud (by the looks of it).

Surprising to me that St.Cloud didn't empty the bench after that.  A hit like that often draws a stronger reaction from ones teammates.  

Either Motzko has his team extremely well disciplined, or they don't have that team spirit in St Cloud (by the looks of it).

Not going to happen when your coach is pillow soft.  He's one of the guys who have complained about the rough-tuff Sioux in the past, like his pal Donny Lucia ("seems like every time there's a fight UND is involved").

That said, SCSU does the right thing...they make you pay on the PP.   So I give them credit there.

Edited by dagies

I was disappointed that nobody even got in Seelers face. I would hope that if someone did anything like that to one of our guys that there would be hell to pay. I'm not sure who our "tough guys" are but you'd have to think someone would step up in a situation like that.

• Upvote 1

Not going to happen when your coach is pillow soft.  He's one of the guys who have complained about the rough-tuff Sioux in the past, like his pal Donny Lucia ("seems like every time there's a fight UND is involved").

That said, SCSU does the right thing...they make you pay on the PP.   So I give them credit there.

Is Motzko holding out hope he might have a chance at the gopher job after Lucia leaves?  He was noticeably quiet after bad calls last weekend, compared to the weekend before against UND.

I was disappointed that nobody even got in Seelers face. I would hope that if someone did anything like that to one of our guys that there would be hell to pay. I'm not sure who our "tough guys" are but you'd have to think someone would step up in a situation like that.

Neither am I. I suspect Trevor Olson might "take issue" with situations like that. After that? Maybe Pogo or Chyzyk.

The problem is this: In today's NCAA guys are not afraid of direct, on-ice ramifications and there is no indirect, off-ice ramification either (one game is nothing). 

Edited by The Sicatoka

Is Motzko holding out hope he might have a chance at the gopher job after Lucia leaves?  He was noticeably quiet after bad calls last weekend, compared to the weekend before against UND.

Lucia and Motzko are buds after coaching together at Minnesota.

Was at a Seattle Thunderbirds game over the weekend.  Mathew Barzal, #1 pick of Islanders and slick skill player got ran along the end boards- he was vulnerable, and the hit was vicious- certainly charging or boarding with contact up high.  Without an instant of hesitation, his linemate Keegan Kolesar had lost his gloves and was feeding the Moose Jaw player responsible.  You stick up for your teammates...especially when they are skill guys...

I seem to recall Dino ordering the code red and sending Matt Greene out to protect Zach Parise in a similar situation...

Edited by yzerman19
clarify