SiouxSports.com Forum

2015-2016 College Hockey (non UND Hockey)

cberkas

Um...isn't tomorrow's game at Mariucci?  So now the reward for not playing in the North Star is to play at Mariucci twice?  Gee, what next, does the one team that doesn't get to play Minnesota in the North Star earn the privilege of washing the Gopher players' jocks once the tournament is over?  

yes it is, but scsu is part of the nscc this year. Remember that for the rest of the schools the arrangement means that over a 3 year period, the Gophers get 4 home games while scsu gets 2. So one of the years mn gets a home series and the other two are home and homes.

Ths is wh ive always thought it's ridiculous that people talk about how gracious the Gophers are for having the nscc. They get de facto 2 for 1 arrangements with 4 other schools AND they keep dollars from the tournament itself. It benefits mn just as much or more as it benefits the other schools.

• Upvote 2

why not? Currently playing them is detrimental to a team's pairwise rankings. I think the rest of college hockey should put their foot down and show the big ten that they aren't the all mighty conference they believe they are in the college hockey world.

That's a decent question, but if you want to make change, get votes on whatever board makes these decisions.  I have no idea how that happens or whether it is even possible, but pairwise rankings are a rapidly changing dynamic and should have nothing to do with this political issue.   It is true that schools like UND and Denver would put pressure on fan-bases like Wisconsin and, to a lesser degree, Minnesota, if UND boycotted those schools but I'm just not ready to boycott UW yet.  And you can be very sure that the quality of plat in Big Ten schools will improve pretty quickly, even if there are no changes.  When I was an undergrad, St. Cloud and Mankato didn't even have programs, and now they (SCSU at least) can compete at the highest level. 

yes it is, but scsu is part of the nscc this year. Remember that for the rest of the schools the arrangement means that over a 3 year period, the Gophers get 4 home games while scsu gets 2. So one of the years mn gets a home series and the other two are home and homes.

This is why ive always thought it's ridiculous that people talk about how gracious the Gophers are for having the nscc. They get de facto 2 for 1 arrangements with 4 other schools AND they keep dollars from the tournament itself. It benefits mn just as much or more as it benefits the other schools.

I suppose a simple check of the schedule would have helped me out there with St Cloud, but thank you for the correction.  Our points are the same though:  Minnesota wants to pat itself on the back as being the gracious big brother when in fact, they're still playing with the majority of the toys.  

• Upvote 1

Ths is wh ive always thought it's ridiculous that people talk about how gracious the Gophers are for having the nscc. They get de facto 2 for 1 arrangements with 4 other schools AND they keep dollars from the tournament itself. It benefits mn just as much or more as it benefits the other schools.

Just for the record, I do like the idea of the NSCC. I wish UND had something like this.